Shoutbox

Return of the EncryptedLogs problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem (/showthread.php?tid=36380)

Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by xplatinum on 01-03-2005 at 07:10 PM

I think this all started on January 1st 2005. So that could be the cause...

I started (again) getting this annoying error when I tried to open my encrypted log files.

quote:
The file hasn't been encrypted by Messenger Plus! (or the file is corrupted)

I thought that had been fixed in a previous update. Could it have returned due to the year change ?

MSN Messenger 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! 3.25.106
RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by Fraisie on 01-03-2005 at 07:35 PM

If you get the problem only with one or two logs, then the files are probably really messed up... is that your case?

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by xplatinum on 01-03-2005 at 07:36 PM

yes, only a few of them are corrupted. But I never did anything special with them. Why would those 2-3 particular logs get messed up. ?

Is there a way to fix this ?

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by xplatinum on 01-04-2005 at 03:33 AM

Fraisie, anyone ?

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by Patchou on 01-04-2005 at 01:02 PM

could be a hard disk problem for example.. email me the logs, I'll tell you if the bug comes from Plus! or from your computer (mplus@patchou.com).

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by xplatinum on 01-07-2005 at 03:55 AM

Hey Patchou,

I sent you an email with an attached log 2 days ago and I haven't got a reply yet.  So I'm wondering if you've received it or not.

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by Patchou on 01-07-2005 at 04:16 AM

got it, thx... its now on my todo list, dont worry, I'll check the problem as soon as possible :)

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by xplatinum on 01-10-2005 at 08:39 PM

That's cool.

Any updates for me man ? I really need the information that's in a particular log... is there a way to fix it once it's corrupted or all hope is lost.

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by Chestah on 01-10-2005 at 09:46 PM

btw Patchou, my friend had exactly the same problem, they were asking me how to fix it on January the 2nd :| so it might have been possible that it happened on the 1st as well! exactly the same error message! any possible link to the dat as xplatinum has been saying?
Chestah
P.s mine all seem to be working i think

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by CookieRevised on 01-10-2005 at 11:53 PM

Also see: "Encryption Problem PLEASE HELP"

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by xplatinum on 01-11-2005 at 03:41 PM

It seems that has time goes by, more and more logs are getting corrupted.

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by Patchou on 01-11-2005 at 05:10 PM

I checked your log and even if the header seems valid, the file is only 680 bytes long. Is that the case for your other files too?

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by xplatinum on 01-11-2005 at 05:16 PM

the other files are much larger. and my problem now is that they are all corrupted. I can't open one single logfile.

Now I moved every single log file to a temp dir so that Plus! creates brand new ones... and up to now nothing is corrupted. I still want to recover the old ones though. At least it seems to be a temporary fix.

Edit by Fraisie: Please don't double post. Edit previous post instead.

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by xplatinum on 01-17-2005 at 07:26 PM

sorry for double post. just been a week and no reply... and a bump is the only way =/

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by xmejni on 02-07-2005 at 08:08 AM

Hi is there any way of retrieving the information in an encrypted file even if u forgot the password .. i cant seem to remember what it is and ive tried all different ones i usually use. Any help please its a bit important :(

thanks

RE: Return of the EncryptedLogs problem by Vazza on 02-07-2005 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xmejni
Hi is there any way of retrieving the information in an encrypted file even if u forgot the password 

As far as I am aware, no. If you have forgotten the password then there is no way of getting the files.