Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! donation for Asia - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia (/showthread.php?tid=36387)

Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Patchou on 01-03-2005 at 09:48 PM

Happy new year everybody.

I'll soon be back home in Canada to complete the work on the next  release of Messenger Plus!, however, the current circumstances in Asia pushed me to act sooner than that. It is my pleasure to announce that a donation of $1,000 was made to the Red Cross in the name of the whole Messenger Plus! community. Let's hope this small gesture will help make a difference, they are all counting on our support out there.

I'll be back with more news in a week or two. Hold on to your 2005 resolutions!

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by user27089 on 01-03-2005 at 09:52 PM

Cool Patchou, I've donated £20 towards the appeal and I just wish for them that everything will be okay, you've definitely made a difference to some peoples lives over there, they've had over a billion donated from different countries already!!

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by TheBlasphemer on 01-03-2005 at 09:53 PM

For (dutch) people that don't have the funds available to donate, try this:
[Image: steunazie_468x60.jpg]

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by saralk on 01-03-2005 at 10:02 PM

erm, try what?

anyway we sent £5000 to a family we know has been affected by it.

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by user27089 on 01-03-2005 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
erm, try what?

anyway we sent £5000 to a family we know has been affected by it.

Dude, thats really touching, thats a lot of money, and I know for a fact that this amount will go far for that family, so I'm guessing your relatives over there are okay, I'm glad of that, and I wish everything gets better from here onwards, I wish I could donate more, my family has donated money as have I, and we are just doing as much as we can to do anything, my dad, being a builder, is willing to go over and help build things for the people affected by the tsunami.
RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Menthix on 01-03-2005 at 10:31 PM

(y) Nice, very nice of you! I already donated money, trough my mobile phone. A Dutch TV station had an action, for every SMS you sended to their number you needed to pay 1.50 euro and they donated the full ammount to the tsunami victoms. Nice way to donate: SMS like crazy and help people at the same time.

quote:
erm, try what?
Click on the SteunAzie.nl banner in his post and then click on the banners that are on that site. The cash earned from those banner will be donated fully to the tsunami victoms. So not only Dutch people i guess, non-Dutch people can recognize banners too and click them.
RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by saralk on 01-03-2005 at 11:01 PM

the banner didnt load for me, and opera doesnt show anything if the image cant be loaded

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Menthix on 01-03-2005 at 11:04 PM

quote:
the banner didnt load for me, and opera doesnt show anything
Strange, try http://www.steunazie.nl/ (the site the banner is supposed to refer to).
RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Choli on 01-04-2005 at 12:05 AM

It's a very nice gesture of you, Patchou. :clap:

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Guido on 01-04-2005 at 12:05 AM

Thanks Patch, always helping out :)

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Omar on 01-04-2005 at 01:13 AM

is there a way to create a paypal account for the users that can help?

Im sure there's a few of us that can contribute with 5-10 dollars each.... :p

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Guido on 01-04-2005 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Omar
is there a way to create a paypal account for the users that can help?

Im sure there's a few of us that can contribute with 5-10 dollars each.... :p
Why not contribute directly?

http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html
RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by marissa on 01-04-2005 at 04:10 AM

aw,  what a nice guy :) I feel helpless watching the news with video clips of it all, i will put a donation towards it aswell ;(

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Pipish on 01-04-2005 at 07:31 AM

I always put in my change when i buy somthing like just coins but i dont have that much money so i do what i can but thats very nice saralk/patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Concord Dawn on 01-04-2005 at 02:00 PM

I'm donating money through my school as well. I feel so sorry for those people who got hit by the tsunami.

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Mnjul on 01-04-2005 at 02:14 PM

That's very nice of you Patch...;):clap::clap:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hold on to your 2005 resolutions!
I hope I am on my way to that...
RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Sylvain on 01-05-2005 at 12:45 PM

it's simply great !

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by _Humphreys on 01-05-2005 at 01:24 PM

I would donate some money but I don't have any. Good to see the money is going to a good cause. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by user27089 on 01-05-2005 at 01:26 PM

I might donate some cash, but I know that I'm going to try my best to help the cause! It has all happened so fast, there have been a few minutes silences throughout the week, and everybody is trying their best to help the people out there that have been affected, I just feel helpless that I can't do anything right now.

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by zingbats on 01-05-2005 at 05:16 PM

I work in oxfam anyway, and donated £50 via them.

Has any of the sponsor money been donated? (From the MSGPlus! sponsor install thingy-ma-jig)

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Menthix on 01-05-2005 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zingbats
Has any of the sponsor money been donated?
Patchou's main income is sponsor money, correct me if i'm wrong though.
RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Patchou on 01-07-2005 at 06:47 PM

you are right :)

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by user27089 on 01-07-2005 at 08:25 PM

Me and my friends are starting something up, which is like a skarz charity aid for the tsunami disaster, we are still thinking of what to do for it, its a possibility that we will go to stratford, birmingham, redditch, alcester, wherever and collect money if they are willing, or just do some general stunts, I might try and organise a skate competition or something at stratford skatepark, after getting permission of course ;).

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Munty on 01-08-2005 at 02:46 AM

Very nice Patchou, im currently on holiday in Phuket, Thailand and the damage is very bad.

I hope to share a few Pictures that i have took.

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by _Humphreys on 01-08-2005 at 03:08 PM

Well our school had an own clothes day and we had to pay two pounds for the tsunami disaster. I will report with how much we raised on Monday. I myself donated three pounds (that was all my money :( ).

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Munty on 01-08-2005 at 03:20 PM

That is very nice of you :)

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Pipish on 01-09-2005 at 08:38 AM

Well last night Australia held a tv show/concert and raised 15 million dollars in half an hour and also australia has donated to most money/help/supplies just thought i would share that all with you but aparently it still isnt enough most people in austrlia are taking a dollar out of there pay and donating it to the tsunami fund i think it is excellent how people can be so nice and help people who are in big trouble :)

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Mak on 01-10-2005 at 07:59 AM

If you havnt donated then donate, even a little money will help, please donate imagine if you were in that position. Patchou you are so kind what a great donatian you have saved a lot of lives:)

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Mak on 01-10-2005 at 08:03 AM

1 more thing:

Australia's people donated: $220million <--Thanks Pipish for telling me
population: 20million

USA's people donated: $200million
Population: 280million

Australias Prime Minister (John Howard): donated: $1 million
USA's President donated (George Bush): about $500,000

Tell me watcha think about that??

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by ddunk on 01-10-2005 at 08:08 AM

That America is in massive debt and we can't really afford that much at the moment?

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Mak on 01-10-2005 at 08:38 AM

Well lets see....if every American donated just $1 then that would be $280 million dollars.....so $1 is lot of money aint it...

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by azn angel on 01-10-2005 at 08:38 AM

=/. we are still raising money here, today we had a major cricket game with international cricket stars playing. america can do more and so can many more countries. australia is doing so much because of our close friendship with indonesia and such other countries.

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by CookieRevised on 01-10-2005 at 08:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mak
1 more thing:

Australia's people donated: $140million

Popoulation: 280million

USA's President donated (George Bush): about $500,500

This isn't a competition...

The amount of aid raised in the world is the biggest since the world wars. Stop comparing the amount of money that each country donates, that is absolutely besides the point.

Furthermore, aid should not only be raised now, think of the money that is needed in 6 months. When those people there are STILL suffering and STILL wont have houses to live in, yet all the cameras will be gone by that time...

Also, while the eyes of the world are focused on this tsunami disaster, there are millions of people still suffering of hunger in other parts of the world.
RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Mak on 01-10-2005 at 08:48 AM

Im not saying its a compitition! im just saying how much more countrys can help! Im not saying America sucks and their not genourous, America is cool and in fact i am going there. Im just saying how much they can help more..thats all.

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by CookieRevised on 01-10-2005 at 08:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mak
Im just saying how much they can help more..thats all.

Money isn't everything. eg: if you do want to compare things: America is helping a lot with its vehicles; the majority of the helicopters, ships, and other logistic aid comes from America and not from other countries, that costs money too...

Each country (and this goes even for the individual person in each country) helps out as it/he/she can. $1 can mean a lot for a individual person, while $100 seems a small amount for another...
RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Mak on 01-10-2005 at 09:07 AM

I agree with you but SOME people in countries all over the world who can afford to donate, dont. I feel so sorry for all the people who are victoms of this terribble tsnami disaster. I just want to say that if you CAN donate then donate please it will make a diffrence.

RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Pipish on 01-11-2005 at 12:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mak
1 more thing:

Australia's people donated: $140million

Popoulation: 280million

USA's President donated (George Bush): about $500,500

we have donated more than 140mil its more like 200 mil now and with all the helicopters and food and water and clothes we are brining over lots and lots 7and the australian death toll is only about 20 now thats aussie spirit for you oh and add onto that around 200mil another 20 mill cause of the cricket charity match held in australia:)
RE: Messenger Plus! donation for Asia by Mak on 01-11-2005 at 12:35 AM

Wow thats great Pipish i forgot about that. Thanks for telling me and i will change it:) The cricket raised a lot of money and i think thats great. :)