Shoutbox

Promote msgplus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Promote msgplus (/showthread.php?tid=36412)

Promote msgplus by Goshi on 01-04-2005 at 12:57 PM

Images of the promote page have a problem. I don't know how it's possible but some personn ( 3 for the moment) can't see images or save them :S. Why ? Is it possible to host them in an other server please ?

Some screnshot :
[Image: capture18nl.th.jpg]
[Image: capture21zn.jpg]

RE: Promote msgplus by Patchou on 01-04-2005 at 01:01 PM

works for me.... anyone?

RE: Promote msgplus by Tochjo on 01-04-2005 at 01:05 PM

They work for me. However, the location of the image contains http://files.msgplus.net/images/ads/ so make sure you do not use any form of ad blocker :)

RE: Promote msgplus by Goshi on 01-04-2005 at 01:10 PM

quote:
ad blocker
I don't understand this (i'm french), i'm using firefox and IE and it's the same thing with both.  Is it possible to modify this on the server no ? Better for msgplus because more people will see msgplus promotion :P:P:P:P:P

edit : it was norton internet security which block them :| . I'd never seen that before :S
RE: Promote msgplus by Eljay on 01-04-2005 at 01:38 PM

yep its definitely NIS doing it
[Image: attachment.php?pid=355878]

what you can do is open Nortons ad blocking advanced options and click "add site". type in msgplus.net and then click ok. then in the options for msgplus.net go to ad blocking and click add at the bottom. type /ads/ and make sure permit is checked, this should make the ads load properly.

RE: Promote msgplus by Goshi on 01-04-2005 at 04:36 PM

But why msgplus use an adress with /ads/ in the url ? It's necessary ? NIS is very used in the world so a lot of people can't see tis images.

I will host images, like this, no problem :S. I cannot say to all my members to desactivate NIS :S

RE: Promote msgplus by CookieRevised on 01-04-2005 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Goshi
But why msgplus use an adress with /ads/ in the url ?
Because it is a logic place to put them? Because they are Messenger Plus! ads?

quote:
Originally posted by Goshi
It's necessary ? NIS is very used in the world so a lot of people can't see tis images.
People should learn to use/set up such programs properly (no offense though), and not use it blindly.

It is exactly this kind of things that make people believe all the rumours on the net and other bad stuff and generallations (like adware=spyware because some programs don't make the difference, etc...)
RE: Promote msgplus by Goshi on 01-04-2005 at 05:03 PM

I don't understand what ads are in french :S.

quote:
Because it is a logic place to put them?
It's like an other place but in an other, people with NIS will see them, that's all 8-) .
More people see images-->more people click on images-->more people download msg plus 8-)
RE: Promote msgplus by user27089 on 01-04-2005 at 05:05 PM

Ads is an abbreviation for advertisement. Hardly anyone has complained about this problem whatsoever so... I dnt see the point in changing the folder name, because patchou would lose more advertisement on other sites aswell ;).

RE: Promote msgplus by Goshi on 01-04-2005 at 05:11 PM

Yes, it's possible to keep the actual and add an other folder for future no ? It's just an idea :p

Thanks for the explications, i've understood ads :)

RE: Promote msgplus by user27089 on 01-04-2005 at 05:22 PM

whats the point on duplicating all of the images and putting them in a different folder, its just completely pointless, but thats only my opinion ;).