Shoutbox

MsgPlus! and Gearbox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus! and Gearbox (/showthread.php?tid=36423)

MsgPlus! and Gearbox by .blade// on 01-04-2005 at 05:52 PM

Hey guys.

As you most likely know by now I am starting a small PC building company and was curious to know if Patchou would have any objections to me including Messenger Plus! on Gearbox Computers (without the sponsor installed). In return I would pay Patchou $x for however much he lost with the sponsor not being present.

Things can still be worked out in more detail, but I thought I'd ask :)

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by spokes on 01-04-2005 at 05:55 PM

that would be good for noobs, like an msn package thing. sounds like a good idea

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by user27089 on 01-04-2005 at 05:57 PM

I'm not sure about Patchou wanting this to happen to be honest :-/. Its not really business for him at all, and people may think that its just for MSN and stuff, I don't like the idea tbh :-/.

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by .blade// on 01-04-2005 at 06:00 PM

Not necessarily, I would distribute system information that says things like:

"Pre-Installed Software:
Mozilla Firefox x.x
MSN Messenger x.x
Messenger Plus! (an extension by Patchou) x.xx
Microsoft Office 200x
(etc)"

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by RaceProUK on 01-04-2005 at 06:03 PM

Just so long as they know what is what.

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by saralk on 01-04-2005 at 06:04 PM

I dont think he would see a problem with this, iirc there was a program that had loads of software included and that had Messenger Plus! in it too.

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by .blade// on 01-04-2005 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I dont think he would see a problem with this, iirc there was a program that had loads of software included and that had Messenger Plus! in it too.

But that included the full installer, this would include it as a pre-installed program, so there's a dif. :P
RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by saralk on 01-04-2005 at 07:29 PM

but when you click install it launched the installer using the slientinstallnosponsor parameter

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by Phrive on 01-05-2005 at 03:35 PM

Sounds good, a bit of advertisement for the best program in the world :P

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by CookieRevised on 01-05-2005 at 04:52 PM

The only one that can answer this question is Patchou himself, in other words: mail him your business proposal at mplus@patchou.com

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by user27089 on 01-05-2005 at 06:18 PM

I don't see much point in the whole idea really, it just sounds a bit ludacris to me, just installing it, giving him credit aswell, I doubt that people would read it, not many people do, and they might not notice that plus! is on their, even if you had some crazy plus! wallpaper, when you get a pc, you don't usually pay attention to the programs that are on it when you receive the pc, you think that they're just full of ads and stuff, as most pc's are...

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by Patchou on 01-05-2005 at 09:54 PM

Don't worry about credits or money, you can install Plus! on all your computers, without the sponsor :).

RE: MsgPlus! and Gearbox by .blade// on 01-05-2005 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Don't worry about credits or money, you can install Plus! on all your computers, without the sponsor :).

Thanks :) Well then look for a donation if my company takes off ;) :P