Shoutbox

Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) (/showthread.php?tid=36436)

Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by leito on 01-04-2005 at 09:38 PM

This really works, I do it 5 minutes ago.

-Close your MSN Messenger
-Open www.Hotmail.com
-Sign In
-Go to Options (Top-Right Corner)
-Go to Personal Options (Click Personal, on the left)
-Go to My Profile
-Change Country: Spain, Province: Madrid, Postal Code: 20085.
-Update
-Continue

DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW.

On the same window in the "Address Bar" type www.Passport.net

-Go to Member Services
-Go to "Close my .NET Passport account"
-Click "Contact Hotmail"
-Click "Close my account"

On the same window in the "Address Bar" type www.Hotmail.com

-Sign In (with you closed account)
-Activate your account.
-Accept the Terms.
-Continue everything without selecting any checkbox. (You don't want to receive newsletter on hotmail right?)

Now you have 25Mb of space, and you can send up to 10Mb in attachments.

THIS DO NOT ERASE ANY EMAILS YOU HAVE BEFORE ON YOUR ACCOUNT.

Now you can change your country, province and postal code back to the original.
Edit: Leave Spain, until you get the 250MB update! (one or two weeks)

After a month Hotmail "supposedly" upgrades your account to 250MB.

quote:
*Receive 25MB at sign-up. Please allow at least 30 days for activation of your 250MB storage to verify your email account and help prevent abuse. Microsoft Corporation reserves the right to provide 250MB inbox to free Hotmail accounts at its discretion.

Edit1: I just translated a document a friend send, so they might be unnecessary steps. But I tested, before posting.
Edit2: @msn.com accounts cannot be closed from Passport.net, I didn't try other alternatives.
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by user13774 on 01-04-2005 at 09:54 PM

Old news...

Something like this was posted before. Can't find it right now. There is an even easier way then you just said here. There is a tutorial in Dutch how to do it at http://www.scito.nl/?act=specials&id=1

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by L. Coyote on 01-04-2005 at 09:54 PM

Thanks for the tip! (Y)

I did it with one of my old accounts that never got upgrated, and it gave me 25MB right away!

None of my emails got deleted :)

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Derick on 01-04-2005 at 09:55 PM

Hmm, i have had a hotmail account since the 2mb, and i got a 250mb upgrade...

quote:
After a month Hotmail "supposedly" upgrades your account to 250MB.
They do, or.. atleast did to me.
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by *Saint* on 01-04-2005 at 09:57 PM

me too i got upgraded right away i have @msn.com

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Mike on 01-04-2005 at 09:58 PM

This sounds cool, but I wont try it... I'm afraid of getting my email deleted...
I'll complain to Microsoft in some days if I dont receive my 250 MB...
If they don't reply at me, then i will try this...

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by leito on 01-04-2005 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Old news...
Not in this forum, I search before posting, but only in this forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
I'm afraid of getting my email deleted...
MIke2, no email is deleted, you can trust me.

Corrected
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Pinchichuv on 01-04-2005 at 10:26 PM

if i do this all the mails i have recived will be deleted right?

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by andrey on 01-04-2005 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
if i do this all the mails i have recived will be deleted right?
No. None of your emails will be deleted.
quote:
Originally posted by leito.gt
THIS DOES NOT ERASE ANY EMAILS YOU HAVE BEFORE ON YOUR ACCOUNT.

quote:
quote:
I'm afraid of getting my email deleted...
MIke2, any email is deleted, you can trust me.
:dodgy:
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Kryptonate on 01-04-2005 at 10:42 PM

quote:
it's not deleted when I tried it
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by L. Coyote on 01-04-2005 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
it's not deleted when I tried it
That's what he said (I guess he had a typo or something).

----

Read, people, read!!!!
quote:
THIS DO NOT ERASE ANY EMAILS YOU HAVE BEFORE ON YOUR ACCOUNT.

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Mike on 01-04-2005 at 11:10 PM

Hmmmm...
I tried it with a friend's account and it worked...
No emails were deleted...

I will also try it with my account...
Wish me good luck....

Edit: What if my account gets deleted after a few days? :O

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by leito on 01-05-2005 at 01:04 AM

Sorry, yes it was a typo. NO EMAIL IS DELETED.

quote:
Edit: What if my account gets deleted after a few days?
Why? Because you went to Spain, and wanna have it as your location, then you realize you didn't want your email account anymore, so you closed it. You remember you have some important mails, and you were "in love" with that email, so you activated again and thought you should leave your deafult location? No you are not violation any rules.
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Gonçalo F. on 01-20-2005 at 08:02 PM

i think you didn't quite realise that your account is not deleted (as well as the inbox mails and messenger contacts) immediatly. yet, when you cancel your account it gets queued on some schedule for deletion. so only if you are terribly unlucky and suspend your account some seconds before "the daily hotmail database accounts refresh", you won't have any problem. if you just suspend it and then reactivate it, you won't have any problem.
and it worked just fine for me ;)

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Mike on 01-20-2005 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gonçalo F.
so only if you are terribly unlucky and suspend your account some seconds before "the daily hotmail database accounts refresh", you won't have any problem
When is that? :)

Well, yeah, i tried it on a friend and his account was not deleted... :)
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by WDZ on 01-20-2005 at 08:09 PM

I see that there's a new article with basically the same procedure here: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20755

RE: RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by rav0 on 01-25-2005 at 10:22 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gonçalo F.
so only if you are terribly unlucky and suspend your account some seconds before "the daily hotmail database accounts refresh", you won't have any problem
When is that? :)

Well, yeah, i tried it on a friend and his account was not deleted... :)

Knowing Microsoft, a while after your request.
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by John Anderton on 01-25-2005 at 06:55 PM

OMFG It worked. Thanks man. Hope its upgraded to 250 mb. i had kept my country to us and state to florida cause whats said on hotmail.com
Hope i get 250 mb
Thanks newayz dude :D

EDIT: All mails still there too :)

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by ^_^ on 01-26-2005 at 03:19 AM

OMG this really works!!! :D thank you

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by John Anderton on 01-26-2005 at 06:34 AM

not only does it work i changed my country to us, state to massetuessets (Check the spelling :$) and postal code to 01007 (i'll have to check, google it)
In 10 hours i got a 25 mb accout YES !!!! :D

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Barto on 02-03-2005 at 09:20 PM

Worked for me

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by multimillion2k on 08-25-2005 at 08:12 PM

If I deactivate my account, will I lose the ability to access my emails through outlook?

edit:WOOHOO!!

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by zaher1988 on 08-25-2005 at 08:16 PM

all this wont work for @msn accounts :(

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Lou on 08-25-2005 at 08:57 PM

I also have a trick. To enable using outlook express or whatnot for hotmail/msn mail, go tot he address you normally go to check your mail after signing in [inbox] take that address and use it as the pop3 server...mom did it and it works 100% :D

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Rik on 08-26-2005 at 05:07 PM

i've done this
but i only have 25 MB for 4 months

RE: RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB by blackjack on 08-26-2005 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
me too i got upgraded right away i have @msn.com

Posted long time ago.. but.. How did u do that.. i tried but i cant upgrade with @msn account.. Help pls
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by John Anderton on 08-26-2005 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
If I deactivate my account, will I lose the ability to access my emails through outlook?
No
you wont. You have to deactivate it and then it'll be reactivated
immediately when you sign in. Trust me .... i use it and for the past 4
or so months i havent deleted a mail .... 250 mb rules [Image: msn_wink.gif]

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
i've done this
But
i got upgraded in a day or so :S I set my country to USA (State
Mascetuessets (what ever the spelling is ..... well .... its the M from MIT)

If you want the pin (zip) code and all then contact me via web2messenger.

Wait .... w2m is down. Just pm me ;)
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by kipper2258 on 08-26-2005 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
all this wont work for @msn accounts :(

quote:
Originally posted by leito
@msn.com accounts cannot be closed from Passport.net, I didn't try other alternatives.

:/

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by emit on 08-26-2005 at 09:23 PM

Why ponce around with hotmail like that for only 250 meg? Get gmail.

RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Pinchichuv on 08-26-2005 at 10:53 PM

quote:
i've done this

me to :D
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by John Anderton on 08-27-2005 at 07:53 AM

Erm: Cool Rik Did the numbers i give worked cause they did for me when i tried em out initally ;)

RE: RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by Rik on 08-27-2005 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Erm: Cool Rik Did the numbers i give worked cause they did for me when i tried em out initally ;)

i still have  only 25 MB i'm  going to wait some more time for 250 mb :)
RE: Hotmail Trick (You still have 2MB? upgrade to 25Mb and wait a month for 250MB) by John Anderton on 08-27-2005 at 09:20 AM

quote:
i still have only 25 MB i'm going to wait some more
time for 250 mb
[Image: msn_happy.gif]
Just
wait till the end of next week. Hopefully youll be done by then. Imo it
should be done by tuesday :D