Shoutbox

msn7 winks dont work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn7 winks dont work (/showthread.php?tid=36443)

msn7 winks dont work by Fredzz on 01-04-2005 at 11:56 PM

MSN Messenger was not able to play the wink. Please try a different wink.

I tried every single of them and the same message.

Why doesnt it work.. and dont bother come with the "Its in beta stage blablabla" 8o| because to everyone i know, it works but not with me..

RE: msn7 winks dont work by Hank on 01-05-2005 at 12:02 AM

try updating your Flashplayer?

RE: RE: msn7 winks dont work by Fredzz on 01-05-2005 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
try updating your Flashplayer?

i did it tons of times..
Just lose it... AH AH AH AH AH (8)

:P

www.macromedia.com :P
RE: msn7 winks dont work by mlr on 01-05-2005 at 01:07 PM

have you installed any skins as me and a few of my  freinds had a problem were when you installed skins the winks didnt work anymore

RE: msn7 winks dont work by Flames on 01-07-2005 at 03:11 AM

maybe this sounds stupid but what version of mess7 do you have?
there were 4 beta versions of mess 7, try updating it from messenger.msn.com

RE: msn7 winks dont work by Fredzz on 01-08-2005 at 03:36 AM

i got 0.425 i think it is last build.. i got it from messenger.msn.com  like 10days ago..
and no i never installed a skin in my life... kinda weird.. but i get that error message and the thumbnail of the wink.. but when i send winks,  people can see them, but i cant see what i send or recieve.. weird :S

RE: msn7 winks dont work by Flames on 01-08-2005 at 05:00 AM

sometimes i just dont understand why these problems are happening, have you ever tried uninstall and re-install the software again?

RE: msn7 winks dont work by Fredzz on 01-08-2005 at 01:19 PM

yeah..

well.. i decided to disable firewall and norton anti virus and now the problem is another..

i get a popup message box saying:  "You needa newer version of Macromedia Flash Player to send or recieve winks. Do you want  to upgrade Flash Player now?" i clicked yes and firefox poped up with this link http://messenger.msn.com/flash/?mkt=pt-pt&version=$VERSION$ ... there says: When you can see the kiss below, you're ready to send and recieve winks..

the problem was that it didnt show up so i tried with Internet explorer, and i got the security warning asking if i wanned to install.. i installed and now the winks work.. thank god..

because it seemed that upgrading on macromedia site didnt work with the winks thing..

Thank you to all for your help! (H)