Shoutbox

Msn Messenger Woes !! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn Messenger Woes !! (/showthread.php?tid=36486)

Msn Messenger Woes !! by John Anderton on 01-05-2005 at 05:23 PM

I have msn messenger 7.0.0425 and messenger plus! 3.40.112
U guyz know that there's a function called packs in msn messenger rite which appears only in some countries. So i'm from india. This button wa initially not there. When i heard that ppl in australia were getting thier hotmail's upgraded to 250 as told in that thread i changed my country. So now i saw the packs icon. So i downloaded the halo 2 pack. But as soon as it finishes messenger automatically gives an error and shuts down. This happened twice. Plz help.

RE: Msn Messenger Woes !! by matty on 01-05-2005 at 05:30 PM

Uninstall Plus! keeping your settings and Plugins and try again... does it happen without Plus!? If it does its a Messenger problem and it happens to everyone I think lol.

RE: Msn Messenger Woes !! by .blade// on 01-05-2005 at 06:19 PM

This actually happened with me too. The pack partially installed but didn't finish. (it was plus! :dodgy:)

RE: Msn Messenger Woes !! by John Anderton on 01-05-2005 at 07:05 PM

Can i download more than 1 free pack or is one the limit. I mean it doesn't allow more but is there a way ??

RE: Msn Messenger Woes !! by Eljay on 01-05-2005 at 07:11 PM

you can use programs like customess from mess.be or Messenger Deluxe (search the forum) that use the MessengerContentInstaller API to install packs and the best thing about it..... they are free!!

RE: Msn Messenger Woes !! by andrey on 01-05-2005 at 08:45 PM

Messenger Deluxe is spanish but it has much better contents (Emoticons, DPs...) than Customess atm. You can get it here: http://www.messengerdeluxe.net

RE: Msn Messenger Woes !! by Plik on 01-05-2005 at 08:49 PM

Have you patched messenger. In particular patchs to remove the text ad or alter the GUI of messenger?

RE: Msn Messenger Woes !! by Stigmata on 01-05-2005 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
you can use programs like customess from mess.be or Messenger Deluxe (search the forum) that use the MessengerContentInstaller API to install packs and the best thing about it..... they are free!!

ummm what do u think microsoft use to download the packs :S

it will be the same wont it ??