Shoutbox

how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? (/showthread.php?tid=36518)

how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by MC.POP on 01-06-2005 at 02:02 AM

the question is the title of the thread.

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by .blade// on 01-06-2005 at 02:04 AM

You have to save the image first, then open them with an animation compat. program (such as Fireworks, PSP or PS)

Note: The thread subject should be used as a subject :-/

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by MC.POP on 01-06-2005 at 02:04 AM

sorry blade about that?
but can u link me to one of these programs.

EDIT: free software would be great

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by L. Coyote on 01-06-2005 at 02:04 AM

You'd need to edit them with an editor that supports GIF frames.

I can't think of any right now... Ulead GIF Animator, maybe?

Edit: got here late :p

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by ~INVASION~ on 01-06-2005 at 02:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
sorry blade about that?
but can u link me to one of these programs.

:lol: it costs like 400$ for those programs but u can take a trial i guess or get em the way we are not allowed to talk about on here
RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by .blade// on 01-06-2005 at 02:11 AM

All 3 cost money, but there are downloadable trials off their websites:

Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004: Site | Trial (.zip)
Adobe Photoshop CS: Site | Trial (register first)
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9: Site | Trial (register first)

Note: You won't find anything that's good that's free...unless you crack it 8-) (Don't ask if you don't know because we won't tell you [forum rules])

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by MC.POP on 01-06-2005 at 02:13 AM

Thnx alot Blade i will give'em a try right now.

EDIT: dont worry i wont ask

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by ~INVASION~ on 01-06-2005 at 02:22 AM

Just to let u know
be sure to use the help file cause it aint gonna be as easy as u think to use the programs
u see u cant just jump right in and expect it to be like paint.

if u got any questions just ask here im sure lots of ppl will be able to answer you:)
O and photoshop and jasc paint shop pro are pretty much the same thing so go with photoshop its alot better

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by MC.POP on 01-06-2005 at 02:24 AM

thnx for the help,

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by .blade// on 01-06-2005 at 02:26 AM

No prob.

And btw, is MSPAINT the only photo/image program you've ever used?

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by ~INVASION~ on 01-06-2005 at 02:32 AM

Let's hope its not :P

RE: RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by MC.POP on 01-06-2005 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
No prob.

And btw, is MSPAINT the only photo/image program you've ever used?

no not reallyl i have used photo shop but i didnt know it can do that infact it came with my Computer but since i formatted it's gone so i wonder if any of these programs came with my standard installation i am going to check right now.
RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by ~INVASION~ on 01-06-2005 at 02:42 AM

well its not photoshop that creates the animations you use the  program called image ready that comes with it

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by MC.POP on 01-06-2005 at 02:45 AM

i have jasc  paint  shop pro 8.0

is that good enough

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by ~INVASION~ on 01-06-2005 at 03:52 AM

i am not sure if u can make animated .gif images with that because i know u cant with photoshop but photoshops buddy image ready and if jasc is like photoshop then it prolly cant make animated things but i dont have that so does anybody know??

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by MC.POP on 01-06-2005 at 04:01 AM

no sweat anyway thnx i will just install it and give it a try.

EDIT:nope doesnt work it only saves it with one layer.it has "limitations"

RE: how can u edit gif pictures and keep them moving as they do? by ~INVASION~ on 01-06-2005 at 04:18 AM

from the three blade mentioned before id have to say fireworks is the best for animation but photoshop is better for higher quality good looking images with filters galore if u use them both together then the results are great

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
no sweat anyway thnx i will just install it and give it a try.

EDIT:nope doesnt work it only saves it with one layer.it has "limitations"
dam limitations and their deucebaggery:@

* ~INVASION~ shakes his fist high in the air with anger