Shoutbox

request - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: request (/showthread.php?tid=36523)

request by ~INVASION~ on 01-06-2005 at 03:56 AM

i think i asked this like a year ago but has anybody made or be interested in making a plugin that can let u browse for images on ur comp and set them as you're msn messenger contact list backgroundquick and conveniately?:) that would be fricken awesome.
(Y)

RE: request by J.J on 01-06-2005 at 09:55 AM

Invasion, i think this is what you're after...

MSN SkinChanger v.2.0

RE: request by ~INVASION~ on 01-06-2005 at 02:26 PM

meh  i till think it would be better if it would be plug'd into msn but wat can u do:P

RE: request by CookieRevised on 01-06-2005 at 05:19 PM

Why must this be a Messenger Plus! plugin????? First of all you have limitations in what you can do with a Plus! plugin. Second of all, Messenger Plus! isn't needed at all for this kind of stuff, heck even MSN Messenger itself isn't strictly needed. What I want to say is, if you want something like this, make it into a standalone (skinning) kind of tool or at most make it into an addon for msn messenger.

Either way, the tool/plugin/addon will be nothing more then a browser with an added option to copy the image to msn messenger as a background. And where do you want to browse for these pictures? In other words you might as well use your normal browser and save the images you like as usual.

This is, looked at it at a distance, a nice example of an useless plugin which, intead of being convenient, will actually limit the user of what he can do. (I'm not saying the idea is useless, idea's are never useless, but if you think about it further it will be useless to make something for it)