Shoutbox

MSN Display Picture Quality - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Display Picture Quality (/showthread.php?tid=36564)

MSN Display Picture Quality by shimq1 on 01-07-2005 at 01:59 AM

I recently made a display picture that had letters in it. When I put that display picture on, the letters on the picture were blurred out and hard to see. Is there anyway I can improve the quality of the display picture in MSN Messenger?

RE: MSN Display Picture Quality by Caboose on 01-07-2005 at 04:02 AM

MSN display pictures are automatically resized to 96 x 96 pixels. Alternatively, there's an option in StuffPlug NG that allows you to have an oversized display picture. Hopefully you can use this information to your advantage :)

RE: MSN Display Picture Quality by shimq1 on 01-08-2005 at 04:16 PM

So If I just resized my display pictures to 96x96 then it won't look so blurred out?

RE: MSN Display Picture Quality by Sunshine on 01-08-2005 at 04:32 PM

Yes, if your original is 96x96 it will look just like you made it.

RE: MSN Display Picture Quality by .blade// on 01-08-2005 at 04:46 PM

Do you mind uploading the DP. Maybe if we see it we can help you out a bit futher (e.g. fix the DP size for you :P).

RE: MSN Display Picture Quality by Ash_ on 01-08-2005 at 05:31 PM

yeh i had the same problem.

when i was working on the Winamp Display Picture plugin it would save the written on images to a .bmp file (so there shouldnt be any pixel clumps or whatever). it saved as a 96x96 image so no resizing would need to be made when setting but when i set it as the DP the text would fsck up.

seems like when you set a dp with small text (eg. font size 7 and smaller) mucks up when you set it as dp.

RE: MSN Display Picture Quality by Guido on 01-08-2005 at 07:05 PM

Maybe it's converted to a JPG?

I know PNGs stay at PNGs when you import them, so try in that format.