Shoutbox

Quick Icons still unavailable in Windows Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Quick Icons still unavailable in Windows Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=36573)

Quick Icons still unavailable in Windows Messenger by sdiesler on 01-07-2005 at 08:03 AM

Hi,

I asked about that about six months ago. And now I tried the new Versions of Windows Messenger and Messenger Plus!.

Still the Emoticons Quick icon Feature is greyed out.

I tried it with Windows Messenger 5.1.0639 (german) and Messenger Plus! 3.25.106 (german).

Please enable this feature in Windows Messenger again. I can't use MSN Messenger.

Kind Regards,
Stephan

RE: Quick Icons still unavailable in Windows Messenger by matty on 01-07-2005 at 08:32 AM

The decision to remove the panel for Windows Messenger was done to save in filesize of the installer.

Patchou has stated he wont add it back in for Windows Messenger because of the above reason.

Matty

RE: Quick Icons still unavailable in Windows Messenger by sdiesler on 01-07-2005 at 08:43 AM

Hey, I can't believe that this feature needs more then a few kb in size. So thats not really an argument. There is also no need to produce new code since it worked before.

I would be also very happy with a Patch that enables the feature.
And I think there are many others out there that would be happy, too.

It's just that this is a great, usefull feature and I would like to use it again!

So please do someting!!!! :$

Stephan

RE: Quick Icons still unavailable in Windows Messenger by matty on 01-07-2005 at 08:53 AM

I am sorry to say but as it stands right now Patchou isn't adding this in. I am sorry and I know its a useful feature but the number of people using Windows Messenger compared to MSN Messenger is insignificant. Anyways if Patchou decides to add it then he will tell everyone but until then its not being added.

[sarcastic]

Suck it up princess!

[/sarcastic]

Matty