Shoutbox

php coders - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: php coders (/showthread.php?tid=36592)

php coders by saralk on 01-07-2005 at 06:28 PM

i thaught youd like this

http://gtk.php.net

it lets you code programs in php! :banana:

RE: php coders by Chris.1 on 01-07-2005 at 06:33 PM

I've known this for a while.

The programs is makes tend to be quite buggy though and seem to crash very often.

Other than that, yes, it's kinda cool!

RE: php coders by John Anderton on 01-07-2005 at 06:34 PM

I've seen that site. But i wanted to ask which program should i download to edit already existing php files that i have ?? Php compiler ?? No rite ?

RE: php coders by WDZ on 01-07-2005 at 06:46 PM

I knew about that, but I've never tried it. I dunno what I'd make anyway... :p

When I make a local PHP program, I just use command-line or an HTML interface on my personal server.

quote:
Php compiler ??
You don't compile PHP like C++ and stuff. All you need is a text editor like notepad. Of course, you might want a more advanced editor that has syntax highlighting and stuff...

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/webpublish/fwtext.html
http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/webpublish/fwphptools.html
RE: php coders by John Anderton on 01-07-2005 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
You don't compile PHP like C++ and stuff. All you need is a text editor like notepad. Of course, you might want a more advanced editor that has syntax highlighting and stuff.

NO thats the name on the site that saralk gave. Plz see its the 1st article on the top. And i meant "Roadsend's PHP Compiler" thats the name !!
RE: php coders by WDZ on 01-07-2005 at 07:00 PM

That's not just for editing. It's a commercial ($89) program that allows you to turn a PHP-GTK program into an executable that can be easily distributed. If you just want to "edit already existing php files that you have" then that's way more than you need. :p

RE: php coders by John Anderton on 01-07-2005 at 07:05 PM

Then what should i use in that case. What do u use. Dont mind that question cause ur an advanced user and i aint even a newbie at php :lol: So what do u recommend for me ??

RE: php coders by saralk on 01-07-2005 at 07:06 PM

i recomend you get a book and start learning php from the beginning, i use notepad to code in php

RE: php coders by John Anderton on 01-07-2005 at 07:19 PM

I thought notpad would work (well it works for almost everything now doen't it :D) but to use that u need to know a lot of codes already which i dont. Isn't there an eaiser way like a easy user friendly software ?? No i guess. Damn.

RE: php coders by leito on 01-07-2005 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I thought notpad would work (well it works for almost everything now doen't it ) but to use that u need to know a lot of codes already which i dont. Isn't there an eaiser way like a easy user friendly software ?? No i guess. Damn.

Yes there is easy user friendly software, but will never program by thereselves, so if you want to program, learn to program.

I will recommend you do some research and don't ask everything in the forum! (Every little question, that's kinda of annoying)

NotePad is good, but doens't highlights sintax, so.. I'll recommend ConText.
RE: php coders by WDZ on 01-07-2005 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
but to use that u need to know a lot of codes already which i dont. Isn't there an eaiser way like a easy user friendly software ?? No i guess. Damn.
Well, there are programs that can help you with PHP coding, but you still need to know where to start, and what you're doing. For example, this program has features like...

- Debug with PHP interpreter
- Insert PHP functions with parameter hint
- Insert common PHP functions/procedures
- Integrated function search in the PHP manual
- Customizable syntax coloring
- Code libraries
- Templates
- HTML dialogs/wizards
RE: php coders by Chris.1 on 01-07-2005 at 10:33 PM

I personally use HTML-Kit for PHP Coding. It has built in syntax highlighting and ftp - you can edit files "directly" from the server

RE: php coders by L. Coyote on 01-07-2005 at 10:39 PM

I only use NotePad :P

When I get syntax errors, I just check the error message. lol. You should see me, digging into all those lines of code, trying to find the error.

You gotta love PHP :D

RE: php coders by KeyStorm on 01-07-2005 at 11:13 PM

Hm... PHP Designer 2005 is simply awesome, WDZ!! I had tried quite a few web code editors but nothing can be compared to this one. It just replaced Dreamweaver in the quick access bar. :)

Loads of customisation and everything a coder can need. Gotta love that ToDo Manager. :D
And in the moment I thought it wouldn't have FTP I just found it hidden behind the File Manager, it even had a site manager.
I can't believe it is free... :S

Guys, forget about notepad if you don't wanna bleed your eyes off. Use an editor with line numeration, indenting, code highlighting and such things. :P

RE: php coders by musicalmidget on 01-07-2005 at 11:39 PM

I've just given PHP Designer a try.  It looks like quite a decent editor.

It reminds me very much of PHPEdit in terms of how it first looks.

RE: php coders by WDZ on 01-08-2005 at 05:26 AM

lol... I've never even tried it... maybe I will now. :p However, I can't stand code completion and all that crap... I'm happy with the basics, because I know PHP well enough.

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Guys, forget about notepad if you don't wanna bleed your eyes off. Use an editor with line numeration, indenting, code highlighting and such things. :p
* WDZ agrees completely
RE: php coders by L. Coyote on 01-08-2005 at 07:08 AM

quote:
Guys, forget about notepad if you don't wanna bleed your eyes off. Use an editor with line numeration, indenting, code highlighting and such things.
NotePad has line and "column" numeration. ;)
RE: php coders by -dt- on 01-08-2005 at 08:00 AM

blah i hate the IDE's for php i just prefer a program that has line numbers and syntax coloring (so i know ive spelt the functions and stuff right). what i use is Vim text editor and im starting to like notepad2

RE: php coders by Eljay on 01-08-2005 at 08:15 AM

i use notepad2 (see dt's link) for php coding

if u want some good tutorials to start you off then look at these few websites:
http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials.php
http://www.spoono.com/php/tutorials/
http://www.php.net (not so much a tutorial site but still very very useful)

RE: php coders by KeyStorm on 01-08-2005 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UglyBoy
quote:
Guys, forget about notepad if you don't wanna bleed your eyes off. Use an editor with line numeration, indenting, code highlighting and such things.
NotePad has line and "column" numeration. ;)

Let's say you have a 500 lines code (and you're still alive, though your eyes are red), and you're looking for line 398. You gotta be guessing until you find it. Note pad has NOT a line numeration, it only indicates the line and column in the statusbar.

lol, WDZ, I thought you knew about it. It has a php tooltip helper, but I'm sure you can turn it off. :D

RE: php coders by WDZ on 01-09-2005 at 04:38 AM

quote:
Note pad ... indicates the line and column in the statusbar.
It does? :o Oh, View > Status Bar. :$

Well, it also has "Edit > Go To..." to go to a specific line number.
RE: php coders by KeyStorm on 01-10-2005 at 09:58 AM

Still a pain in the ass anyway :P

RE: php coders by TheBlasphemer on 01-10-2005 at 10:09 AM

Ultraedit32 to the rescue!!!