Shoutbox

How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? (/showthread.php?tid=36641)

How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by mootenn on 01-08-2005 at 02:55 PM

I want to install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer. Is there anybody know ??

RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Sunshine on 01-08-2005 at 03:11 PM

Rename the MSN Messenger folder to f.e MSN Messenger 6, then install MSN 7 ;)
MSN 7 will be installed in the default MSN folder (it will recreate it).

RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by toddy on 01-08-2005 at 03:13 PM

you need to have both versions polygamy patched tho !! otherwise they won't work 2gether

RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Sunshine on 01-08-2005 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
you need to have both versions polamy patched tho !! otherwise they won't work 2gether
Not at the same time no. But if mootenn only wants to have a choice wich one to use then it's not needed.

Edit: to have both icons on desktop go to the renamed folder > rightclick msnmsgr.exe > copy to > desktop
RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by toddy on 01-08-2005 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
you need to have both versions polamy patched tho !! otherwise they won't work 2gether
Not at the same time no. But if mootenn only wants to have a choice wich one to use then it's not needed.

well its just easier, and makes sence to patch both of them !! so that they get to complications
RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Sunshine on 01-08-2005 at 03:26 PM

quote:
well its just easier, and makes sence to patch both of them !! so that they get to complications
Aslong as only one at the time is used there won't be any complications. No need to patch if it aint needed.

RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Munty on 01-08-2005 at 03:41 PM

Nicely exsplained guys.

RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by mootenn on 01-09-2005 at 07:19 AM

Thank you for your help :D

RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Lilo on 01-16-2005 at 10:48 AM

quote:
I did this, and now i got a problem: my messenger 6 will no longer work.. :( (see attachment) Any ideas of how to fix this? Tnx already! [Image: attachment.php?pid=362913]
RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Sunshine on 01-16-2005 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lilo
quote:
I did this, and now i got a problem: my messenger 6 will no longer work.. :( (see attachment) Any ideas of how to fix this? Tnx already! [Image: attachment.php?pid=362913]

Did you do it on a useraccount?
If so you need to do it on the adminaccount aswell ;)

RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Lilo on 01-16-2005 at 01:30 PM

quote:
I'm the only user, and the admin.
RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Sunshine on 01-16-2005 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lilo
quote:
I'm the only user, and the admin.

Boot into safemode and see if it's like on your account in the account called "administrator".

RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Lilo on 01-16-2005 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Boot into safemode and see if it's like on your account in the account called "administrator".
See if what is like what? sorry, don't understand exactly what you mean.. :$ (i do know how to boot into safemode, but i don't know what you want me to do after that)
Edit: if i go to user accounts in the control panel, i see my account, and it says comp admin. Is that what you mean?
RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Sunshine on 01-16-2005 at 01:44 PM

What i ment is: check if the folder (where MSN 6 is) is renamed just like on your regular account (they should be, but you never know).
Also make a new desktopicon for MSN 6.2 if you have one because it needs to direct to a diff folder now.

RE: RE: How can I install msn 6 and 7 in the same computer?? by Lilo on 01-16-2005 at 02:04 PM

quote:
What i ment is: check if the folder (where MSN 6 is) is renamed just like on your regular account (they should be, but you never know).
Also make a new desktopicon for MSN 6.2 if you have one because it needs to direct to a diff folder now.

Checked, and it is the same as on my account. And i also already created a new desktopicon.
Oh well, i suppose i can uninstall 7 and reinstall 6, when i want to use 6.. (that should work, i hope)
Thanx for your help, anywayz :)