Shoutbox

Suggestion: Log "user is typing a message"-event - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: Log "user is typing a message"-event (/showthread.php?tid=36659)

Suggestion: Log "user is typing a message"-event by haakoneide on 01-08-2005 at 08:10 PM

It is much easier to see/document a complex social situation if you log this event (the only thing that makes the original messenger worth using). It could be optional to log it.

I also would like the time in the logs to be more precise. Like having 10ths of a second too. Then I could make a replay-program to replay the "typing a message"-event and the users writing to each other :D

RE: Suggestion: Log "user is typing a message"-event by Anubis on 01-08-2005 at 08:51 PM

I can see your point of logging this, but really would that many people use it?...Also sometimes people look like they're typing something when they are in fact using a Messenger Plus! command...So it wouldn't really reflect the social situation, if they type a message and then decide not to, is it really a big deal to log it?

quote:
Originally posted by haakoneide
I also would like the time in the logs to be more precise. Like having 10ths of a second too
An option to do this would be ok I guess, but again it would only be the minority who would use it...