Shoutbox

Can someone whos good with plugins make this? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? (/showthread.php?tid=36715)

Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by Karnak on 01-09-2005 at 02:55 PM

Can someones whos good with plugins make a command that allows you to mimic someone else you are talking to?I would use messenger discorvery but it doesnt work for me!Please someone make it loads of people would be very grateful.

RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by Phrive on 01-09-2005 at 03:08 PM

what you mean have the same name as them, or what ever they say you say back?

RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by Mike on 01-09-2005 at 03:11 PM

He means the !imitiate function of Messenger Discovery (did I type the function name right?)
It changes your name to the name of your contact and your font to the font of the contact you are speaking to, so it looks like he sent the message.

RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by Phrive on 01-09-2005 at 03:17 PM

You could do this with Plus! before i think

becace i had (!N) as my name and it has theres, Don't think it works any more, but it did used to

RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by Karnak on 01-12-2005 at 04:44 PM

yip thats it mike.but your name doesnt change so then you can carry on like it was them:DI downloaded messenger discovery but it didnt work so plz plz can someone make it.and mike you did spell it right

RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by Stigmata on 01-12-2005 at 05:17 PM

thing is messenger discovery is able to do it because of it being a proxy based program i can intercept data strings

a normal msg in protocol would be like this.

code:
MSG **Email*** ***FriendlyName****
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
X-MMS-IM-Format: FN=Microsoft%20Sans%20Serif; EF=; CO=0; CS=0; PF=22

so basicly, it copies the data string that you last send, and sends a new one. all you realy need to do is change the header, which is above, with your contacts email, friendlyname and font type..

The problem is, that patchou's plugin api, does not allow any connection to the datastream..

the only way i can think of doing it would be,
- to hack the messenger conversation, and let your program add-its self to the conversation, but invisibly (dont ask me, tb does it with stuffplug ng)
- some advanced packet sniffing :)

hope thats some help :)
RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by Millenium_edition on 01-12-2005 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
so basicly, it copies the data string that you last send, and sends a new one. all you realy need to do is change the header, which is above, with your contacts email, friendlyname and font type..
ouch... wrong...you have to use a P4-Header to set your own nickname.
RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 01-12-2005 at 09:23 PM

ME is right... but still.. that's not the point in Stigmata's post.. his point is that looks rather impossible as it is now... at least creating this as a plugin...

RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by Karnak on 01-15-2005 at 04:44 PM

yeh i guess so.Maybe it could be included in the new messenger plus

RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by crank on 01-15-2005 at 07:40 PM

Well if you could just figure out a way to get the contacts font it wouldn't be that hard anymore i guess changing the nickname is easier i think.

RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by _Humphreys on 01-15-2005 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by çr@nK
well if you could just figure out a way to get the contacts font it wouldn't be that hard anymore

Just copy some text from the selected contact paste it into Microsoft word and it should then reconise the font. :)
RE: Can someone whos good with plugins make this? by crank on 01-15-2005 at 08:08 PM

i know :p
anyways i mean using a plugin ;) the nickname can be retreived using plus! tough i'm not sure how