Shoutbox

Auto-messages while set to Online With Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Auto-messages while set to Online With Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=36723)

Auto-messages while set to Online With Messenger Plus! by Xeonzinc on 01-09-2005 at 05:28 PM

Ok well, i dont know if this has been done before, probably has, but anyway i couldnt find out how to do it so i had to figure it out myself and thought maybe some other people would be interested.

This is how you can get auto-messages sent while your status is online, the reason i wanted this was so i could have auto updating nicknames using the plus tags so i will explain this too.

1) Set Up A Personalise Status Auto-message something like :

/nick The Time Is (!T)
/nick The Last Person I Talked To Was (!N)

2) Go Into Regedit
   Current User/Software/Patchou/Msgplus 2(even though its 3)/Your Email/Preferences/Persoaways/

then select the one you changed, then change the PersoAwayStatus to 0 and then when you select that staus you will still be online but sending automessages too.

Remember Though - Auto-messages will only be sent when you or a contact say something at a minimum of 5 second intervals.

If you go into you prefernces panel and edit you message through there you will need to change the value in regedit again i think

If you come up with any good names you can get using this and plus tags post them here.

RE: Auto-messages while set to Online With Messenger Plus! by Choli on 01-09-2005 at 08:09 PM

with plus 3.40 beta you can do the same just by going to the personalized status window.

RE: Auto-messages while set to Online With Messenger Plus! by Xeonzinc on 01-10-2005 at 09:58 PM

Hmm, well i have Version 3.40.112 and the only status' i can chose are 'Busy', 'Be Right Back', 'Away', 'On The Phone' and 'Out To Lunch'. I don't know if you have a newer version, if you do could you point me in the direction of a download?

RE: Auto-messages while set to Online With Messenger Plus! by Choli on 01-10-2005 at 11:11 PM

I have the same version as you, and you should be able to choose "online"; as shown here:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=359961]

RE: Auto-messages while set to Online With Messenger Plus! by Xeonzinc on 01-11-2005 at 04:14 PM

Oh ok, i see now, i thought you meant the personalised status section of the preferences panel, where there isnt the online option, i guess thats what you'd expect from a beta though :) . Anway maybe it would be an idea to try and get some people who are more knowledgeable about Msg Plus! in the chat room as when i asked there i was told it wasnt possible :s

RE: Auto-messages while set to Online With Messenger Plus! by Choli on 01-11-2005 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xeonzinc
Anway maybe it would be an idea to try and get some people who are more knowledgeable about Msg Plus! in the chat room as when i asked there i was told it wasnt possible
sorry for that.

afaik, some people with a lot of knowledge about plus use to chat in the room, but maybe when you entered, there were very few people; i dunno. Anyway, there are people who don't like irc and we can't force them to enter :)