Shoutbox

wont let me sign in! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: wont let me sign in! (/showthread.php?tid=36725)

wont let me sign in! by lil_blonde093 on 01-09-2005 at 05:51 PM

these problems started yeasterday it will not let me log into my MSN messanger. im just woundering if this has happened to neone else and if so what did u do? i deleted it and re downloaded it...it still didnt work...and i use MSN ALOT. so please help me out! thanks for all the help

RE: wont let me sign in! by user27089 on 01-09-2005 at 05:53 PM

Its not a problem with the version of msn you have or anything, its a possible problem with the msn servers, all you can do is wait i'm afraid...

RE: wont let me sign in! by Choli on 01-09-2005 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lil_blonde093
wont let me sign in!
any error message?
quote:
Originally posted by lil_blonde093
i deleted it and re downloaded it...
I hope you meant you uninstalled it, re downloaded and re installed it again, right?

Anyway, download it form messenger.msn.com and reinstall it. Make sure you enter your email address and password corectly.
RE: wont let me sign in! by lil_blonde093 on 01-09-2005 at 05:55 PM

well i didnt think it was because my boyfriend was able to get on with no problem but thank you!! is it working for you?

yes the error message says:
There was a problem connecting you to MSN Messanger. Click Troubleshooting for help with this problem 

*i clicked troubleshooting and it said:
We did not find any problems with your system settings or programs. Please try signing in to MSN Messenger later.

RE: wont let me sign in! by xpirdwingz on 01-09-2005 at 06:00 PM

Mine's okay..although sometimes I have to log in several times to get in

RE: wont let me sign in! by lil_blonde093 on 01-09-2005 at 06:00 PM

and yes when i said i 'deleted it' i ment that i had uninstalled it. sorry about that!

iv tryed loggin in several times in the last few days im just not sure what else i can do :(

RE: wont let me sign in! by xpirdwingz on 01-09-2005 at 06:04 PM

It's really annoying when you can't get into MSN, eh? :(

RE: wont let me sign in! by lopardo on 01-09-2005 at 06:05 PM

Can you log in to your hotmail account from www.hotmail.com? Try in another computer and check what happens.

BTW, don't double post, use the [Image: edit.gif] button to edit your posts.

RE: wont let me sign in! by lil_blonde093 on 01-09-2005 at 06:19 PM

...sorry! yes it will let me log in to hotmail to check my mail but just not the messanger and on my laptop and my parents computer they do not have msn downloaded
yes i hate it when i cant get on :(

RE: wont let me sign in! by xpirdwingz on 01-09-2005 at 06:31 PM

Maybe for the meantime go on the web-messenger..
Aw, you have a laptop? lucky!

RE: wont let me sign in! by Tyler on 01-09-2005 at 06:58 PM

heres what i do when this happens to me...if these dont work sorry

1. restart my comp
2. do somethin for about an hour or so then try again.
3. maybe a cable line is down or somethin(usually bad weather) it is winter u know ;) these r the 2 things i do when that happens. the 3. is just a reason why it might not be working

RE: wont let me sign in! by lil_blonde093 on 01-09-2005 at 11:47 PM

yea we just had an ice storm...but everyone else i know it is working for :(

RE: wont let me sign in! by Hank on 01-09-2005 at 11:57 PM

when you uninstalled Messenger did you by any chance go to C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger <-- an delete that folder also?  if not try deleteing that after u uninstall the messenger from Add/Remove, but honestly, i think its a MSN Messenger server problem cause i have had problems with it loging me in very slowly, but that p[roblem has now gone away , but trry http://webmessenger.msn.com/ an check there that you can login through that,