Shoutbox

opera as default app for .swf - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: opera as default app for .swf (/showthread.php?tid=36803)

opera as default app for .swf by andrey on 01-10-2005 at 09:12 PM

When I click on a .swf file, the "open with" dialog pops up, which is slightly annoying (I probably messed something up :grin:)
Now how do I set Opera as the default application for .swf files again, so that if I doubleclick on the .swf file, it shows up in Opera ?
I'm running Windows 98 btw...

RE: opera as default app for .swf by saralk on 01-10-2005 at 09:26 PM

well if you choose opera as the program to open swf files with, then click always open blah blah blah... it re-associate.

RE: opera as default app for .swf by andrey on 01-10-2005 at 09:33 PM

Tried this already...
I checked "always open with ths program" and Opera, clicked OK, but the open with box popped up again, with the option unchecked again.
And when I tried it again, the same thing happend.
Can't you set these default program for... and open with... things in the Registry ?

RE: opera as default app for .swf by WDZ on 01-11-2005 at 04:34 AM

Have you tried adding a new action for SWF files via the control panel? That's probably worth a try before manually editing the registry.

RE: opera as default app for .swf by andrey on 01-19-2005 at 04:08 PM

Nope, didn't work, it said that .swf is registered to some dodgy "sfplayer" but I never had a flash player that was associated with swf files and I can't find any entry in the "registered filetypes" list that is associated with swf...
Conclusion: I messed it up. Any ideas ?

RE: opera as default app for .swf by andrey on 01-21-2005 at 11:47 PM

help, please ? :-/

RE: opera as default app for .swf by gif83 on 01-22-2005 at 12:06 AM

so it says it's already associated to something even though it's not on the list? wow... tis indeed a stick situation if i understand correctly