Shoutbox

Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo (/showthread.php?tid=36869)

Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 01-12-2005 at 04:41 AM

It's been a while since I told you I was working on KSMAS for mySQL. I must say that it's finished in its core (the image handling and showing) and th things that have to be done are porting the settings system, the admin cp and tools  and an overall securing against malicios people out there.
Private beta testing should start in less then a month and I could be releasing a working version (still gotta think up) of it.

The problem is that I plan to add more features that go beyond the random avatar feature. Like dynamic avatar/sig combination. Putting some text to the avatar/sig dynamically... etc.
This means that KeyStorm Multi-Avatar Script is no longer a valid name (although I never really liked it very much, tbh).

Some alternatives emerged and I'd like to know what you think of 'em. Roentgenium and Chameleon seem to be reasonable alternatives.. You may also post your suggestion, anyway.

Thanks. ;)

PS: No screenshots available yet, I still have got to redesign it with the new name and logo in mind. But you know there won't be many new features, apart from a new (indeed it had to be changed) installation script.

RE: KSMAS' new name by Omar on 01-12-2005 at 04:49 AM

Great! Keep up the good work....

hehehe....

Chameleon Board Companion (CBC v4.20 :P )

RE: KSMAS' new name by leito on 01-12-2005 at 06:05 AM

I vote for "Chameleon Board Companion", but, only Chameleon would be nice!

RE: KSMAS' new name by Weyzza on 01-12-2005 at 06:10 AM

I'd say just stick with your (nick)name.
It sounds more original.

Besides, most people know KSMAS.
Roentgenium and Chameleon sound irrelevant to your program and inauthentic.
Too many things are named Chameleon afaik.
And for "Roentgenium," people can make mistake in writing the word.

RE: KSMAS' new name by Chop on 01-12-2005 at 06:14 AM

As i told you in the Spanish forums

Chameleon Image Tools seems to be a nice name, no more "only avatar" :P

RE: KSMAS' new name by KeyStorm on 01-12-2005 at 11:14 AM

Chameleon is somehow related with the existent feature of changing the avatar by itself, also it would be great for design (look at SuSE's chameleon, for example).

Dunno, I wanted to stop using my nickname in the program title...

RE: KSMAS' new name by Guido on 01-12-2005 at 08:09 PM

Out of those, definitely Chameleon Board Companion. (Y)

RE: KSMAS' new name by _Humphreys on 01-12-2005 at 08:11 PM

I have to agree with everyone else Chameleon Board Companion sounds really cool. :)

RE: KSMAS' new name by Joe on 01-12-2005 at 08:13 PM

ImageStorm?

RE: KSMAS' new name by Choli on 01-12-2005 at 09:09 PM

i like the Kit word into the name, and at first, KeyStorm Board Kit (KBK or KSBK) sounded nice, but I think that Chamaleon Board Kit is better: CBK. :^)

RE: KSMAS' new name by Guido on 01-13-2005 at 12:04 AM

BoardStorm Kit or ForumStorm Kit also sound nice :P

RE: KSMAS' new name by Joe on 01-13-2005 at 12:08 AM

I like having storm in it,  1. gives credit where it's due, 2. storm like a hurricane, unpredictdable

RE: KSMAS' new name by paperless on 01-13-2005 at 12:19 AM

RE: KSMAS' new name by ddunk on 01-13-2005 at 12:46 AM

Roentgenium Avatar Tools
and
Roentgenium Board Kit

Reminds me of sock because the name looks like "Rotem"., and you don't want to associate sock with a program like that, do you? <3 sock. :D

Chameleon Image Tools sounds the best to me.

RE: KSMAS' new name by KeyStorm on 01-13-2005 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
Reminds me of sock because the name looks like "Rotem"., and you don't want to associate sock with a program like that, do you? <3 sock.
My name's Roger and by the same logic it could remind of my name.
However Roentgenium is the most recently discovered chemical element (atomic # 111).

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
And for "Roentgenium," people can make mistake in writing the word.
Now that's true, I'm afraid. :-/

Anyway, I have to say that I'm rather inclined to the Chameleon options. Although the new suggestions don't sound any bad, either. (Y)
RE: KSMAS' new name by KeyStorm on 01-13-2005 at 10:35 PM

Well, sorry for the double-post, but I think the result is rather clear. Here and on the spanish board, the winner is Chameleon Board Companion, it was also my favourite, so I think I'll go ahead with it. :)

Now it's time for the new logo. :D
Please critisize it and suggest anything you think would improve it:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=328]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=329]

Thanks again! :cheesy:

RE: KSMAS' new name by Sunshine on 01-13-2005 at 11:00 PM

The second one looks nice.

RE: KSMAS' new name by L. Coyote on 01-13-2005 at 11:03 PM

Agreed, the second one! :D

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Jeronimo on 01-13-2005 at 11:25 PM

The second one with the offset chameleon looks superb. Might I ask what font you used for the writing?

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by leito on 01-13-2005 at 11:31 PM

I like the font! well done KS, but.... the chameleon? well.. the first one looks better for me, but maybe you should try to paint it a little bit!

I don't like just the stroke.. well just my opinion.

Edit: Well this is my suggestion
The color should be random! :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=361784]

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 01-13-2005 at 11:50 PM

hm... I was thinking about something like that... But I wasn't sure :)

About the font... This is plainly Century Gothic, so no weird downloaded things. ;)

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Concord Dawn on 01-14-2005 at 01:55 AM

I like Cameleon Board Companion. Although I think the unofficial name should still be KSMAS. Purely for nostalgic reasons.

I really like the logo, I think that a cool thing would be to have the offset chameleon change colours. THAT would be cool, because then it simulates a real chameleon.

Sounds like KSMAS is going to be an even bigger sucess than before! Good luck!

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 01-14-2005 at 10:55 AM

Yeah, I'll still be calling it unofficially KSMAS for a while, so don't worry :P

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Sounds like KSMAS is going to be an even bigger sucess than before! Good luck!
Don't speak too soon. I still have to code it! (H)

So well, what do you think about the logo? The plain filled one or the outlined? I'm really not sure at all, both look quite well for me :S
RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by user27089 on 01-14-2005 at 10:57 AM

My favourite name is other :p lol... I think that it should be something like keystorm randomator or something :p the other ones are too long and stuff...

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Sunshine on 01-14-2005 at 11:04 AM

The green one leito made looks cool to me ;)
About random colours, don't do that..ppl will recognize it if it's one colour...they will go: "you know the one with the green chameleon"

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 01-14-2005 at 11:04 AM

I've learned to dislike my name in a program name.  Sure you can call it KeyStorm's Chameleon, but that won't be the same as having the name included. And by the was, KSMAS/Chameleon is planned to go beyond avatar randomisation, so that wouldn't be right anymore.

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Jeronimo on 01-14-2005 at 11:43 AM

I think I prefer the ones leito made. They do look really cool.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
About random colours, don't do that..ppl will recognize it if it's one colour...they will go: "you know the one with the green chameleon"
I disagree. I think people will equally say, "you know the one with the funky colour changing chameleon logo". ;)
RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 01-14-2005 at 12:38 PM

That's not that much of marketing. I want to have a nice logo and a nice design, it will help people to get used to it. The logo will not become an "internet symbol" anyway, so there's not much to worry about :P.

Anyway, for other graphics like buttons or watermarks I'd use the green one. Leito, could you send me an alpha blended PNG version of that? Or maybe I should vectorise it...

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Choli on 01-15-2005 at 12:36 PM

i like this logo:

also i think that the random colors (of the chameleon) would be a good idea.

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by _Humphreys on 01-15-2005 at 12:49 PM

Here's my crappy attepmt at a logo for you :

[Image: attachment.php?pid=362512].

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Eljay on 01-15-2005 at 01:09 PM

Chameleon Board Companion sounds great :P

also leito.gts chameleons are cool :P

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by M73A on 01-15-2005 at 01:31 PM

i like the one leito made:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=361784]

......the green one looks best i wud say.

i recon Keystorm would be better than chameloen oh w.e. jus like the sound of it more..

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by leito on 01-15-2005 at 04:45 PM

Keystorm I'll send the vectorized chameleon (PNG's).

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 01-15-2005 at 10:21 PM

aye, thanks leito!

Btw, Carltos, nice logo, but it doesn't match with the name (I mean the chameleon and that crap).

Anyway, I'm still unsure about which one of those three designs I should pick, I dis/like them the same, somehow. Hard decision, tbh.

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by paperless on 01-16-2005 at 02:20 AM

Heres my try eheh kinda fast so nothing good to expect.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=362824]

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Joe on 01-16-2005 at 05:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
aye, thanks leito!

Btw, Carltos, nice logo, but it doesn't match with the name (I mean the chameleon and that crap).

Anyway, I'm still unsure about which one of those three designs I should pick, I dis/like them the same, somehow. Hard decision, tbh.

You can use this awesome thing i found called "Chameleon Board companion" to make it a random image and use all three :banana:
RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by ayjay on 02-14-2005 at 10:48 AM

I think
is my favourite :)

It's more sort of simple and clean.

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 02-16-2005 at 05:56 PM

Forgot to say...

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe
You can use this awesome thing i found called "Chameleon Board companion" to make it a random image and use all three

I was planning to change the color of the chamaleon-logo with it. That's why I'm more inclined to the chamaleon-based logos. :P
RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by saralk on 02-16-2005 at 07:49 PM

keystorm - when the script is done, i would be more than willing to host a modified version of chameleon that gives free sig/avatar hosting automatically.

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 02-16-2005 at 11:39 PM

Yeah, right, saralk, that is one of the improvements that will be following the first stable release of KSMAS, where the registration has to be done manually by the amdin. However, if the system to add users proves to be serious and safe, it can be enabled for multiple other ways of registering (user-side registration, email confirmation, moderated registration, etc.).  However first I'd like to have it working as before, if you want, you can participate in the development in the future. ;)

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Chestah on 02-17-2005 at 06:10 AM

Keystorm it sounds great :D, as usual i'd love to be a beta tester ;) Hopefully this time it will work on the mutiple servers i was using :P! Definitly an improvement from the first version! sounds very professional :D

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by dylan! on 02-17-2005 at 06:13 AM

i like keystorm board kit...but just me and looks like not really anyone agrees with me:P:(

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Eljay on 02-17-2005 at 09:44 AM

id be happy to do some testing for you as well :P

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by .Roy on 08-28-2005 at 12:28 PM

I can also host it for people  =)

Any updates keystorm?

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by John Anderton on 08-28-2005 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes

Any updates keystorm?
You could have checked up at http://chameleon.keystorm.net/community/ :rolleyes:

And KS hasnt been spotted here for a few months now :)
RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by .Roy on 08-28-2005 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:

Any updates keystorm?
You could have checked up at http://chameleon.keystorm.net/community :rolleyes:

I did check it... :rolleyes:

and how was i supposed to know.

damn spammer
RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by Eljay on 08-28-2005 at 12:34 PM

quote:
quote:

Any updates keystorm?

he has, just in the beta testers forum :refuck: :P
RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by John Anderton on 08-28-2005 at 12:37 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Any updates keystorm?

I did check it... :rolleyes:

and how was i supposed to know.

damn spammer
You were supposed to know by looking at the forum and seeing that there is nothing new in the announcements forum :tongue:

No. No New Release Of Keystorm's CBC Has Been Made To The Public. Please Check Out CBC Forums' Announcement Section ;)
RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 08-28-2005 at 12:58 PM

quote:
And KS hasnt been spotted here for a few months now

Really, I've been aroung for quite some days now :P

Well, I'm up for an alpha version I'll be uploading soon. People form the forums and/or translators will be chosen.

You must understand that the new CBC concept is tough to code (I natively included multilanguage, template system, and an MPI for plugins). So it has taken much efforts to get it to a basic state.

I'll be spamming your mailboxes when it's ready. ;)

Oh, btw, chameleon.keystorm.net may be moved to chameleon.keystorm.info quite soon, so don't get alarmed if you find a weird redirect and your cookies have blown up :P
RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by .Roy on 08-28-2005 at 01:15 PM

awesome! Few questions :

Which logo did you choose?
Will it have the option for people to sign up by themselves?
What other features will it have?

RE: Chameleon Board Companion (fmly. KSMAS) new logo by KeyStorm on 08-28-2005 at 01:48 PM

What about... visiting http://chameleon.keystorm.net/community ? :P

And no logo met the spec yet :(

So text logo for the dev time, at least. Actually the alpha version will have a reather ugly interface, sinc I'm more worried about the coding than about the templating. But it will be good to have people interested in skinning. :)