Shoutbox

Preferences and Default configuration - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Preferences and Default configuration (/showthread.php?tid=36881)

Preferences and Default configuration by CanadianOriginal on 01-12-2005 at 01:47 PM

I have several people using the same computer, and I want to be able to seperate their chat logs by default. Something like "D:\Chat Logs\<email address>".

Is there any way to configure this to happen automatically, so that the first time someone@hotmail.com uses Messenger on this computer, his chat logs go to "D:\Chat Logs\someone@hotmail.com\" by default?

Windows XP
MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 (Neowin MSN skin)

RE: Preferences and Default configuration by CookieRevised on 01-12-2005 at 04:07 PM

nope, not possible to do that automatically with (edit: the current version of) Messenger Plus!.

However, you could write a small script that will install Messenger Plus! and right after changes the preferences in the registry...

RE: Preferences and Default configuration by Patchou on 01-12-2005 at 10:47 PM

Well, yes and no actually... you can set the default settings for any user by creating keys in \Nobody. However, you can't add parameters such as the email of the contact.

RE: Preferences and Default configuration by _Humphreys on 01-12-2005 at 10:54 PM

Could this be added in plus! sometime? It would be a nice feature.

RE: Preferences and Default configuration by Guido on 01-12-2005 at 11:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Could this be added in plus! sometime? It would be a nice feature.
Indeed.

Automatically setting the logs folder the first time a user logs in with Plus installed
My Documents\My Chat Logs\passport_email@hotmail.com\

Shouldn't be too hard to program :-/
RE: RE: Preferences and Default configuration by CanadianOriginal on 01-13-2005 at 02:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Shouldn't be too hard to program :-/

that's what I thought ^o)
RE: Preferences and Default configuration by XM4ST3RX on 01-17-2005 at 02:46 AM

Hi,

i bet it's in the new release (one after Paris trip) .. :P

If not he should add it... i wondered why it never was first in... it would save alot of time for users and would be neater.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: Preferences and Default configuration by Pure_BY on 01-19-2005 at 11:10 PM

I also agree this should be added

Good idea (Y)(Y)