Shoutbox

Sign-in Trouble - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Sign-in Trouble (/showthread.php?tid=36958)

Sign-in Trouble by sc0re on 01-13-2005 at 10:12 PM

[size=1]For some reason, I can't sign in to MSN.:S It can't be with the Service Status because my friend can sign in without an error. However, when I sign in I get this message:

Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to the .NET Messenger Service at this time. Please try again later. 80072f0d

....Can anyone tell me what's wrong and how I can fix it? I've tried un-installing and re-installing, exiting the program and trying again, and nothing works.

RE: Sign-in Trouble by Stigmata on 01-13-2005 at 10:25 PM

try this

1. In start menu, run, type in:

code:
regsvr32 softpub.dll wintrust.dll initpki.dll dssenh.dll
rsaenh.dll gpkcsp.dll sccbase.dll slbcsp.dll cryptdlg.dll

RE: Sign-in Trouble by Sunshine on 01-13-2005 at 10:35 PM

I think reregistering these 3 dll files will do:

start > run > type: regsvr32 softpub.dll <enter>
start > run > type: regsvr32 initpki.dll <enter>
start > run > type: regsvr32 mssip32.dll <enter>

Now try to sign in again.

Still no luck?

Check your IE Security settings:
Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' is checked, then click OK.

If you still can't login after that, have a look at the first two posts in possible solutions for....

RE: Sign-in Trouble by matty on 01-13-2005 at 11:22 PM

I am having the same problem now MSN just signed in automatically.... I think their servers were getting overloaded cause thats what one of the errors I was getting was about.

RE: Sign-in Trouble by sc0re on 01-14-2005 at 02:45 AM

Thanks!:D I guess it had something to do with those DLL's. If I never asked here I would probably have never signed in because I don't understand this stuff:P

RE: Sign-in Trouble by M73A on 01-15-2005 at 11:32 PM

im havin truble with this. i can log into my older accounts, but my lil bro now wants one so i have made him an account but i go to log into msn OR hotmail for him and i get a message saying password or username is incorrect please try again. wat could this be? i have tryed all of the above solutions