Shoutbox

Norton shuting down - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Norton shuting down (/showthread.php?tid=37002)

Norton shuting down by azn angel on 01-15-2005 at 01:21 AM

when i sign in to the guest account on my computer i see that norton is disabled. when i try to re-enable it it says that i need to re-install it. then when i get onto my account its disabled and i can re-enable it. any body know why its doing this? (i dont have the orginal cd for norton because my computer came with norton and i didnt install it...)

RE: Norton shuting down by RaceProUK on 01-15-2005 at 11:23 AM

It's probably not set up properly for the guest account. The only option I'm afraid is to reinstall it, making sure it's set up for all users.

RE: Norton shuting down by user35870 on 01-15-2005 at 11:26 AM

this happens to me with office 2000 you create a new account then it needs to be reinstalled :(

RE: Norton shuting down by _Humphreys on 01-15-2005 at 11:50 AM

I would just try and get rid of it tbh with advance uninstaller from www.downloads.com and get another firewall like McAfee or Zone alarm.

RE: Norton shuting down by M73A on 01-15-2005 at 01:34 PM

i dont like norton. the windows wizard thing or whatever it is that finds bugs and stuff is gd cant remember wt its called....but norton dint pick up trojan horses to well for me. now i use AVG :) www.grisoft.com avg 7.0 is REALY gd

RE: Norton shuting down by Millenium_edition on 01-15-2005 at 01:41 PM

norton is the best antivirus of 'em all, but it's a bitch to remove/setup, that's all.