Shoutbox

Plugin Idea's? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin Idea's? (/showthread.php?tid=37017)

Plugin Idea's? by Ash_ on 01-15-2005 at 12:30 PM

I need some plugin idea's these days im bored out of my mind and i need something to keep me warm at night, when im lonely.

So i'd like everyone to post a plugin idea that they would like to see, it can be anything possible (not like 'be cool if plugins could make me a coffee :dodgy: dt :P ) thanks.

i dont know if this is the right forum but ahwell

RE: Plugin Idea's? by L. Coyote on 01-15-2005 at 07:12 PM

Ash, you could read through all the threads in this section.

Many people came up with plugin requests. You can see what you can do. (y)

RE: Plugin Idea's? by aNILEator on 01-16-2005 at 11:15 AM

How about a plugin which i remember from trillian

Its an "in-out Translation plugin"

Basically i have a contact that speaks for example Spanish

every message i send to that defined contact will be translated (using google or sumat) to spanish and every message i recieve from them is translated to english or my defined language. :D

RE: RE: Plugin Idea's? by Ash_ on 01-16-2005 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
How about a plugin which i remember from trillian

Its an "in-out Translation plugin"

Basically i have a contact that speaks for example Spanish

every message i send to that defined contact will be translated (using google or sumat) to spanish and every message i recieve from them is translated to english or my defined language. :D

straight away with the hard ones eh?, ill look into, from a first glance it will require some awesome skizzilz :P
RE: Plugin Idea's? by aNILEator on 01-16-2005 at 11:34 AM

May be a hard one but it would be fucking great :P

RE: Plugin Idea's? by John on 01-16-2005 at 11:39 AM

Here's an idea. :D

RE: RE: Plugin Idea's? by Ash_ on 01-16-2005 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
Here's an idea. :D

yeh i could work on that, but wasnt CyBeRdUdE work on it?
RE: Plugin Idea's? by John on 01-16-2005 at 11:45 AM

Nah, he said he doesn't have time. But since you have time now and you're bored, please have a go at making it. :) It seems like everyone likes the idea.

RE: RE: Plugin Idea's? by Ash_ on 01-16-2005 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
Nah, he said he doesn't have time. But since you have time now and you're bored, please have a go at making it. :) It seems like everyone likes the idea.

yeh sure why not. Hooking the plugin commands (should :P) be easy because we are already loaded into plus. and making the *.LNK file shouldnt be to hard.

ill look at the thread and reply there (Y)
RE: Plugin Idea's? by John on 01-16-2005 at 12:09 PM

Wicked. :o) Thanks.

RE: Plugin Idea's? by _Humphreys on 01-16-2005 at 12:13 PM

Well if you haven't released the song title dp plugin do that. Or if you want you could do a re-size dp's on msn 6 plug-in (the one that I was going to try :P).

RE: RE: Plugin Idea's? by Ash_ on 01-16-2005 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Well if you haven't released the song title dp plugin do that. Or if you want you could do a re-size dp's on msn 6 plug-in (the one that I was going to try :P).

lol, err i released the source ti that a while bakc, how about you work on it :P.
RE: Plugin Idea's? by _Humphreys on 01-16-2005 at 12:19 PM

Ok i'll try to do it somehow then.

RE: Plugin Idea's? by Jhrono on 01-16-2005 at 12:29 PM

what about a built in winamp controler in the Windows...like between the display pics..(dunno if thats possible)

RE: Plugin Idea's? by dapkor on 01-17-2005 at 05:39 PM

WIcked Idea

make a plug-in  that can be installed and once done ... it will read out anything by it self once option activated, that is typed by other people ...

example:

dapkor: "hey jonh"   

(in jonh's windows he can activate the text to speech botton or something of some kind)
(in my window it is silent until he reply's somthing ,

jonh : "hey Dapkor " (and now the plug in will read it out to me)

i think this would be a very polular plug in because if this where to exsist then chatting would be a more social and even more fun thing to do...

additional request is that if this exsists there should be a sort of option level where you cna change the bass , thriebel and other pitches of the voices

... this i think should be possible with some free text to speech programm's out there. the use of there source code and then applications of pitch can be writen with quite the ease...

i atempted this plug in but i had some problems with the appllication of plus ... and now for the next few months to busy with IB (school)

dapkor 

dapkor@gmail.com

RE: RE: Plugin Idea's? by Ash_ on 01-18-2005 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dapkor
WIcked Idea

make a plug-in  that can be installed and once done ... it will read out anything by it self once option activated, that is typed by other people ...

example:

dapkor: "hey jonh"   

(in jonh's windows he can activate the text to speech botton or something of some kind)
(in my window it is silent until he reply's somthing ,

jonh : "hey Dapkor " (and now the plug in will read it out to me)

i think this would be a very polular plug in because if this where to exsist then chatting would be a more social and even more fun thing to do...

additional request is that if this exsists there should be a sort of option level where you cna change the bass , thriebel and other pitches of the voices

... this i think should be possible with some free text to speech programm's out there. the use of there source code and then applications of pitch can be writen with quite the ease...

i atempted this plug in but i had some problems with the appllication of plus ... and now for the next few months to busy with IB (school)

dapkor 

dapkor@gmail.com

not a bad idea, although it's not impossible.

i attempted this sort of thing a few weeks back (i was looking at extending the MsgPlus API) i had MSN Subclassed and was just looking into finding the function where text writes onto the form, but i had somehow missed plus's WndProc and went straight onto MSN's. and i couldn't find a way to call My wndProc first, then Plus's because i couldnt get the handle of plus :S.

lol ahwell guess well just have to wait for the new version of MsgPlus API. see if it has any cool stuff (Y).

plus i already agreed to do the *.LNK plugin.
RE: RE: Plugin Idea's? by ErikSchierboom on 01-18-2005 at 09:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
what about a built in winamp controler in the Windows...like between the display pics..(dunno if thats possible)

With my MPWinamp plugin it is possible to control Winamp with Msg Plus! commands. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=33673
RE: Plugin Idea's? by Phrive on 01-18-2005 at 05:23 PM

I would like a Plug-In which changed your display picture, depending on what song ur listening too, perhaps the album cover it, or if its a single a single cover

I'm sure it could be done, just get it from windows media player, that ahev all the album covers on there

Could be a cool plugin i reckon :P

RE: Plugin Idea's? by user27089 on 01-18-2005 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phrive
I would like a Plug-In which changed your display picture, depending on what song ur listening too, perhaps the album cover it, or if its a single a single cover

I'm sure it could be done, just get it from windows media player, that ahev all the album covers on there

Could be a cool plugin i reckon :P

But the majority use winamp now, and they don't download the album covers, it would have to keep changing after each song because it constantly detects the song playing afaik...
RE: Plugin Idea's? by unite_the_cows on 01-20-2005 at 07:51 PM

could someone make a handwriting plugin thats compatable with windows 98? or is that impossible?

RE: Plugin Idea's? by user27089 on 01-20-2005 at 08:10 PM

I don't think that it would work because of the .ink compatibilities... it would've been made before now if it was possible IMO...

RE: (Redneck) Plugin Idea's? by Step666 on 01-21-2005 at 01:34 AM

This one may not appeal to all but I think it's be quite good...

if any of you have seen or heard the comedy of Jeff Foxworthy you'll know that he has an on-going routine that goes "You might be a Redneck if..." followed by a number of different endings including:
"...your porch has ever collapsed and killed more than 3 dogs"
"...you've ever been on TV more than 5 times describing what the twister sounded like"
"...you've ever had your nipple bitten off by a beaver"
etc etc.

Anyway, what I was thinking was a program that crosses the random quote and WMPlus2 plug-ins where you have a pair of tags;
one that gives you- "You might be a redneck if... [random ending]"
and
one that gives you- "...[random ending]".

Anyway, if that's possible I have a text file full of endings as I was sorta hoping to do it myself but realised I have no idea how...

RE: Plugin Idea's? by asphyxia on 01-31-2005 at 12:02 AM

i would LOVE to have a plug in that did the following....to best describe it...do you know how when you're online and it tells you that someone has opened a chat window with you (weather or not they say anything)? Well there should be a plug in that keeps a window open when someone opens a chat window with you so that when you come back to the computer you can see what time that person opened the chat window, when they closed it and how long it was open for.......because i think it's interesting when people open a chat window with me and just leave it open without saying anything.  Anyways, i think that would be GREAT. If there IS a way to do this already, email me at wilted_roses_@hotmail.com :) also email me if you develop a plug in that can do this :) thanks :)
missy <3

RE: Plugin Idea's? by SikStyles on 02-01-2005 at 12:43 AM

heh..nice idea :P

but to the plug-in creators out there: how/where did u learn to create plugins? :) i'd like to know :D

RE: Plugin Idea's? by BigTrev on 02-01-2005 at 01:12 AM

What about a plugin that invites you to a convosation with others that are using the plugin so you do not get bored.

RE: RE: Plugin Idea's? by Ash_ on 02-01-2005 at 05:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
heh..nice idea :P

but to the plug-in creators out there: how/where did u learn to create plugins? :) i'd like to know :D

i suggest learning how to program :P.

www.planet-source-code.com has alot of examples of working code.

i suggest learning C++ very flexible and gets you straight into real coding.

or if you wanna go the easy way learn Visual Basic.

get yourself a good tutorial from either a book or the interweb.

and Big Trev, im not even sure thats legal =/
RE: Plugin Idea's? by SikStyles on 02-01-2005 at 10:56 PM

oki man tnx a bunch :D

RE: Plugin Idea's? by expert on 02-01-2005 at 11:28 PM

a plugin that lets you put cusom emo's on you're msn name!

RE: Plugin Idea's? by codymurphy27 on 02-02-2005 at 11:52 PM

I dont know if this has been posted but I think a good plugin would be one that links to your IE history so when you begin to type in a url you will get a little drop down box with matching urls like in your IE address bar. This would be pretty convenient.

RE: Plugin Idea's? by BigTrev on 02-03-2005 at 12:35 AM

The only problem with a IE history plugin is that not everyone uses IE.  There are alot of people who use different browsers like Firefox. And wont it be illegal anyway because you will need to hack into te browser unless you used cookie or something.

RE: Plugin Idea's? by Rik on 03-09-2005 at 09:02 PM

I don't know if this was posted before but...i'm thinking in a plugin that allow us images in movement-like my avatar....is it possible?

RE: Plugin Idea's? by aNILEator on 03-09-2005 at 09:23 PM

Animated Display Pictures, are sadly highly improbable, The closet we may get is the dynamic display pictutres that we are expecting to be in MSN Messenger 7 (FINAL) however i had those crappy aol interactive buddy icon things and found them to be shite :P