Shoutbox

Problem when restoring preferences - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem when restoring preferences (/showthread.php?tid=37048)

Problem when restoring preferences by mandin82 on 01-16-2005 at 05:06 AM

I'm trying to export my Plus! preferences (with names 'n all) from my old pc to my new pc.  I click on the Save/Load icon and i export my preferences to a file.  No errors nor warnings while doing this.  Then I move the file to my new pc and import my setting from the file.  No errors here either, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS!!!!  The nicks I've changed & the preferences I've changed do not appear...it's just as if I did nothing.  I don't know if the fact that my old computer is running on Windows ME and my new pc is running on Windows XP has anything to do with that.  Both Messenger versions are the same and both Plus! versions are the same.

Has anyone had this problem before??  Can somebody help me??

Thanks in advance.

RE: Problem when restoring preferences by RaceProUK on 01-16-2005 at 12:47 PM

I dount the different OSes are causing the problems. However, if you're trying to transport settings between different e-mail addresses, that may be the cause of the problem.

RE: Problem when restoring preferences by mandin82 on 01-16-2005 at 05:54 PM

The messenger accounts are the same.  Do you think it's the different OS versions what's causing the problem??

RE: Problem when restoring preferences by RaceProUK on 01-17-2005 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I doubt the different OSes are causing the problems.

RE: Problem when restoring preferences by cplarosa on 03-13-2005 at 05:11 AM

I am encountering this exact same problem while trying to copy preferences from Windows 98SE to Windows XP.  Absolutely nothing happens when I do the import, and the accounts are the same.

RE: Problem when restoring preferences by Patchou on 03-13-2005 at 09:55 PM

This bug has been fixed in Messenger Plus! 3.50, your previously exported file can now be imported in other OS. Sorry for the trouble :).