Shoutbox

should cannabis legalised? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: should cannabis legalised? (/showthread.php?tid=37063)

should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-16-2005 at 03:30 PM

I'm stoned right now so I just thought I'd ask the question, should cannabis be legalised?

The Uk laws are that if you're 17 or under, you'll be arrested and taken to a police station for a formal warning (your parent or guardian will be asked to attend). If it's not your first offence you may earn a drugs conviction in court.

If you are over 18, the police will confiscate your drugs and will most likely give you a warning - but they still have the power to arrest you if you are:
(a) a repeat offender
(b) smoking in public
(c) a threat to public order
(d) have cannabis near any premises used by children.

Supplying and dealing remains a far more serious offence than possession and the maximum penalty for supplying and dealing Class C is still 14 years plus an unlimited fine.

What are you laws and should it be legalised?

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Munty on 01-16-2005 at 03:35 PM

I dont think so..., Its bad for your health and can kill you.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-16-2005 at 03:42 PM

Cannabis kills in very rare cases, usually getting high with other people and reciving no help as they cant be bothered if something hapens to you. Cannabis doesnt need to be smoked, and when smoked, cannabis doesnt not kill, its the tobacco put into the mix.

(In VERY VERY rare cases, the chemicals put into rocky weed can kill, but like i say, very rare)

RE: should cannabis legalised? by toddy on 01-16-2005 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
the chemicals put into rocky weed can kill
dirt bar !!! what u thinking ?!?!?!?

theres all sorts of shit in that, shoe polish, plastic and shit like that.

if your gonna smoke weed, at least smoke skunk
RE: should cannabis legalised? by paperless on 01-16-2005 at 03:53 PM

what is cannabis needed for? :dodgy:

Nothing

RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-16-2005 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
the chemicals put into rocky weed can kill
dirt bar !!! what u thinking ?!?!?!?

theres all sorts of shit in that, shoe polish, plastic and shit like that.

if your gonna smoke weed, at least smoke skunk

I know, but its cheaper. Plus, I'm a leightwieight, so skunk usually sends me on a whitey. I'll smoke it if someones got it though

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
what is cannabis needed for? :dodgy:

Nothing

The reason I started was that I didnt wanna have nothin to do with it, but as people started to smoke more weed and it was harer to get served, I tough, ah fuck it. Now, its jus like going out on a drinknig binge, tonight I jus wanna go out and get fucked off my head on spliffs. Plus, it can be used for no recreational use.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 01-16-2005 at 03:57 PM

I think it is a tricky subject.

If drugs are going to be legalised only certain drugs should be completely legalised, there is roughly about £1-4billion to be made from taxation on drugs. And if drugs were legalised lisenced producers could make drugs that you know are as safe as possible. (i.e. they would be X% of the drug, and X% of another substance that isnt harmful). It would also mean that crime rates would go down significantly, as the profit margins wouldnt be in the current region of 2000%, but more like 200%.

However, there would be very high costs in setting up a watchdog organisation that would make sure there is some sort of quality control from drug vendors. But companies that currently make drugs for treating illnesses would divert R&D $s to developing modified versions of recreational drugs which give higher kicks and dont get people addicted. This could mean a massive decrease in medical breakthroughs. Unless the government gave genorous tax breaks to reacreational drug companies who developed medical drugs as well, but then the money created from taxation of drugs is quickly starting to dissapear to fund its creation.

Also, i would like to see drug dependance centres for people who are completely addicted to drugs like Heroine, they can get free access to heroin that is known to be safe, which must be used within the centre to stop this heroin from being circulated into the illegal drugs trade. This way, people will stop commiting crimes to get heroin, and if there are any problems arising from Heroine ODs etc... they can recieve immediate attention. They have to prove they are addicted to heroine before they can use the dependance centres, and they must agree to take part in some form of rehabilitation, so slowly they can get off the drug, and minimise the risks.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by KeyStorm on 01-16-2005 at 03:58 PM

What is alcoholic drinks or tobacco needed for (nowadays)? :rolleyes:

Next question

RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-16-2005 at 04:03 PM

To relieve stress off life. Sometimes, I tihnk, fuck it, Tonight i'm going out till i start vommiting. And then I'll drink some more. I prefare a drink to a jigga.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by aNILEator on 01-16-2005 at 08:22 PM

well i heard the government are considering selling cannabis and cocaine in pharmacies this way customers are sure to have a good product with no crap in it and drug dealers would loose out etc i thought it was a good idea

RE: should cannabis legalised? by user2319 on 01-16-2005 at 08:30 PM

If tabacco and alcohol is legal, cannabis should be legal too. It's really scary that they put people in prison for smoking cannabis..

This is a nice website about cannabis: http://www.perkel.com/politics/issues/pot.htm

Note: I don't smoke cannabis myself, nor intend to :)

RE: should cannabis legalised? by KeyStorm on 01-16-2005 at 09:33 PM

The effects of cannabis are the comparable to the ones of alcohol. The caused effect lasts one or two hours (when smoked), it doesn't cause physical dependence (unlike tobacco).
But:
It's less dangerous. It's not immediately dangerous to health be smoking cannabis all day as happens with alcohol.
Cannabis has even less long-term effects to health than alcohol.

As hashish, when it's pure without sand, plastic and bullshit, is the same (when talking of effects to health) as pure weed, any variety.

I don't really see the point of politicians being so reluctant to legalise it, when we have tobacco and alcohol...

Legalising cocaine is something different, because it's way more dangerous and the effects are really devastating to health.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by aNILEator on 01-16-2005 at 09:38 PM

well thats all i heard that they were thinking about supplying the two most popular drugs in pharmacies in England.

Hell not that i've done any in a year but my dad said he would rather me smoke a joint than a ciggarette which suprised me (ci)

RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 01-16-2005 at 09:39 PM

The main reason that it wasnt legalised was because in the 1930s when the laws were created, alcohol and tobacco were widely used.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by KeyStorm on 01-16-2005 at 10:16 PM

Well, the fact is that in a joint, you use a bit less tobacco than you use in a cigarette (when rolling weed joints, that is, not hash). So it's slightly healthier (if one can call it "healthy" at all) to smoke pot instead of cigarettes.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Sunshine on 01-16-2005 at 11:07 PM

Where i live the use of cannabis/weed (softdrugs) is legal. You can buy it (upto a certain amount) in coffeeshops. Dealing is still illegal, but everybody can grow upto 5 plants for own use.

Legalisation takes the "kick" outta it for a lot of ppl (what's more exiting than doing something illegal, right?). Legalisation also prevents ppl from buying it from dodgy dealers (who cut it up more or put other stuff in etc. etc.), afterall they can buy it somewhere where the quality is guaranteed.

P.S. before you ask: no, i've never smoked weed.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by paperless on 01-16-2005 at 11:20 PM

Well.. tbacco is a drug and according to keystorm it harms your health more than cannabis and it doesnt cause peopple to be addicted...
My opinion is that is simply stupid they legalised tobacco and dont legalise cannabis why? ... lol i think all drugs should be illegal anyway because none of them is healthy anyway.. if people want to smoke at least they should smoke cannabis but the problem is taht its illegal...

RE: should cannabis legalised? by KeyStorm on 01-16-2005 at 11:34 PM

Slightly off-topic: Sunshine: Amsterdammer tobacco is produced in France... :dodgy:

RE: should cannabis legalised? by ~INVASION~ on 01-16-2005 at 11:59 PM

well i use to do it and started in grade 8 ill admit it but i stoped about 2 months ago just simply because it wasnt fun anymore and never really was in the first place i beleive that it should be legalized for serious people who have special permissins like medicinal but i think anything that affects your mind and could provoke you to do stupid things (and thats what it will do) then it should not be legalised and neither should alcohol, alcohol makes u fucking retarded and dont say it doesnt because if u take to much it will

i guess i think its all about the amount you take.

this is a very touchy subject and can go many different ways so i dont know if it should be or not be legalised

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Hank on 01-17-2005 at 01:32 AM

im not trying to get people to smoke it or anything else, but marijuana is used for Medical Purposes an i believe it should only stay for Medical purposes, its used for Epileptics  as a herb or anything else,  what Marijuana does for Epileptics is slows down the Brain which stops or controls Siezures, , i dont believe it should be Legalised in a way just to be able to smoke it when its there,

RE: should cannabis legalised? by KeyStorm on 01-17-2005 at 01:47 AM

The attractive effects of smoking weed or drinking alcohol is that they change your behaviour and your patterns making you more/less sensitive, more communicative, less coward, laugh more, etc. Usually, you feel well while the effects last, but afterward you have hangover (alcohol) or get tired (some kinds of weed). And the excessive consumption, the abuse, is always bad. With luck it won't last more than a 15 minutes to feell alright again, but you may end up in the hospital (most frequently by alcohol, but eaten weed is very hazardous, too).

You put the pro's and contra's in a balance and then decide if it's worth consuming and in which measure. Of course people can advise you from their experience, but experience itself tells that the experience varies from person to person. However, I'm not telling you to try anything. Just to think of it rationally and knowing about the facts (either good or bad ones), before you do decide to whether or not to try alcohol, tobacco, weed or any other drugs.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Hank on 01-17-2005 at 02:35 AM

another thing i orgot to Mention, Smoking Weed or Drinking excessively can Lead to  Mouth cancers or throat Cancers,  if you smoke it, you  smoke it at your own risk, sure iv'e smoked it, but not excessively,  , i Myself Had cancer, what kinda cancer, Tounge cancer, there trying to Link or have linked Marijuana to My kinda cancer, your prolly thinking , was i a heavy smoker? No i wasnt, only had bout 1 Joint a week, which isnt enough to get the cancer i had,  Drinking, i wasnt a heavy drinker, so that rules that out,  i was just unlucky,

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pr0xY on 01-17-2005 at 02:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
The main reason that it wasnt legalised was because in the 1930s when the laws were created, alcohol and tobacco were widely used.
Cannabis was made illegal (In America)for a couple reasons, one being that America used to "hire" Mexican workers.  The problem was they would all come to work Stoned, and would never get any work done.  So the South-West part of the United States pushed to make Cannabis illegal.  Then around 1919-1925, some orginization released a huge front page collum in a big News Paper in NewYork.  It was sponsored by the Government (and supported by.. guess who.... politicians from south-western usa).  The article had big font, with alot of crap like " Cannabis takes your child and makes them lazy"  and all this other stuff about how it will ruin your childs life, and will make them want to do nothing but smoke pot their whole life, non stop. 

RE: should cannabis legalised? by -dt- on 01-17-2005 at 05:41 AM

blah shouldnt do it weed makes you think slower and messes with your lungs and stuff its just not good but it is better than taking most other drugs , and if you think weed dosnt make you slow you can talk to my friend turtle some time

RE: should cannabis legalised? by _Humphreys on 01-17-2005 at 08:13 AM

I have took cannabis before but I am now clean. Drugs are messed up they do more harm than good man. I would advise you to stay off them. I know peer pressure can get in the way but rise above it.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-17-2005 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Qaxpla
not necessarily, its generally safer than smoking tobacco... i think it should be legalized :p

Not because I would smoke it, but for the mere fact that it would prolly chill people out more... it doesn't make people agressive or anything... :-/
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Hank on 01-17-2005 at 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
not necessarily, its generally safer than smoking tobacco... i think it should be legalized

Not because I would smoke it, but for the mere fact that it would prolly chill people out more... it doesn't make people agressive or anything...

think ya wrong dude, iif its legalised, Most gruggies will smoke it or want to, , , but by legalising it, 0ne might think it'll get all the drug sellers off the street, it wont, , but in some ways Marijuana is better than tobacco,.  also if it were to be legalised, then the Police would have to have another way to test for Cannibis  in ya blood, cant drink an drive so ya shouldnt be able to smoke weed an drive,
RE: should cannabis legalised? by FrozernFire on 01-17-2005 at 12:05 PM

cannabis is ok to be legalised, but i mean, if you smoke tobacco or cannabis, you obviously have no life. there are many other cheaper ways out there to get you high and stuff like that. alcohol is different in the sense of posh functions as it breaks the ice between people, but if you drink is excessively, it is no different from taking drugs.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by -dt- on 01-17-2005 at 01:25 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Qaxpla
not necessarily, its generally safer than smoking tobacco... i think it should be legalized :p

Not because I would smoke it, but for the mere fact that it would prolly chill people out more... it doesn't make people agressive or anything... :-/

thats weird because my friend is much more likely to beat someone up if hes high , but when im high im relaxed as.

If it was legal there would be way more car related injuries because people would smoke and drive and just yea have more chance of crashing
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Jhrono on 01-17-2005 at 01:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Repetead word
legalised
Want to legalise them?cool...then u'll se a 100000x the number of guys u thought were in drugs..then  will start the roberies(that aint the word...)for $ for drug...oh but wait they can arrest them for stealing but they're stealing for something that is legal such as buying tvs...except drugs are vice(is that the word)...and then crime'll raise 50%...ohn but i'm forgetting the fact that it F***s u up...isnt tabacco bad enough?dont tell me tabacco is cool my grandpa died cause of it

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Sunshine on 01-17-2005 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Slightly off-topic: Sunshine: Amsterdammer tobacco is produced in France... :dodgy:
:o
I never heard of Amsterdammer Tobacco...

RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-17-2005 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
cannabis is ok to be legalised, but i mean, if you smoke tobacco or cannabis, you obviously have no life

Sweeping statement and a half dont u think? I smoke cannabis on a regular basis..... I'd like to think that doesnt make me any less of a person. I just like to go out and get stoned, the same way as 8 out of 10 ppl i know occasionally say "fuck it, i'm gettin bladded tonight". I well prefare a drink to a spliff. Althoguh i would say i'm psycoligcally addicted to weed and addicved to nicotine.

Just on a contrevsal move, I DONT think it should be legalised, simply becoz cannabis has the glammour of being illegal and if it was legal, its a matter of time (not by me but you know) before snorting a line of coke becomes the norm has having a reefa.

I think it should be kept illegal but EVERY drug should be legal on the NHS prescription, in small doses. My attitude to most things is that you make your own decisions, but if it goes tit's up, you pay the conquences, no matter how great.

I'm sober now btw :P but not for long ;) lol

(Offtopic - I named my album, "Rapper On Fire" (hence the MC Inferno) , but for a while I did think about calling it "Aint No Smoke Without Fire" :P)
RE: should cannabis legalised? by John Anderton on 01-17-2005 at 04:25 PM

What does "cannabis" mean ?

RE: should cannabis legalised? by _Humphreys on 01-17-2005 at 04:26 PM

quote:

Just on a contrevsal move, I DONT think it should be legalised, simply becoz cannabis has the glammour of being illegal and if it was legal, its a matter of time (not by me but you know) before snorting a line of coke becomes the norm has having a reefa.

Yes your right legalising will kill it's cool essence (I don't think it's cool :P). Then people will come to be on harder drugs...they will then want them legalising. So really it should stay illegal I mean it is a drug afterall.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-17-2005 at 04:30 PM

Aye, but alachol and tobbaco is a drug. The word "drug" has got a bad name thats all.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by user2319 on 01-17-2005 at 04:34 PM

It's a latin name.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cannabis

quote:
5 entries found for cannabis.
can·na·bis   Audio pronunciation of "cannabis" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (kn-bs)
n.

1. A tall annual dioecious plant (Cannabis sativa), native to central Asia and having alternate, palmately divided leaves and tough bast fibers.
   2. Any of several mildly euphoriant, intoxicating hallucinogenic drugs, such as ganja, hashish, or marijuana, prepared from various parts of this plant.

[Latin, from Greek kannabis.]canna·bic (-bk) adj.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-17-2005 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
It's a latin name.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cannabis

...er thanx :P

RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-17-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
   think ya wrong dude, iif its legalised, Most gruggies will smoke it or want to, , , but by legalising it, 0ne might think it'll get all the drug sellers off the street, it wont, , but in some ways Marijuana is better than tobacco,.  also if it were to be legalised, then the Police would have to have another way to test for Cannibis  in ya blood, cant drink an drive so ya shouldnt be able to smoke weed an drive,

Who said anything about smoking weed and driving, if they legalize it, I'm sure that they would also make smoking and driving illegal, I think that its barely legal now... Think about it though, people aren't on the streets selling alcohol, if it was more widely available then it would get these 'groggies' off the streets surely??? Weed is definitely better than tobacco, now in my opinion, I would rather smoke weed that tobacco, it has more sense, it makes you high and happy, whereas, tobacco just gives you lung cancer... weed gives you lung cancer, but you'll be happy while getting it :cheesy:.

quote:
Originally posted by johny
quote:
Originally posted by Repetead word
legalised
Want to legalise them?cool...then u'll se a 100000x the number of guys u thought were in drugs..then  will start the roberies(that aint the word...)for $ for drug...oh but wait they can arrest them for stealing but they're stealing for something that is legal such as buying tvs...except drugs are vice(is that the word)...and then crime'll raise 50%...ohn but i'm forgetting the fact that it F***s u up...isnt tabacco bad enough?dont tell me tabacco is cool my grandpa died cause of it

Since when have robberies been caused by such things as weed, people who generally smoke weed aren't these 'smack-heads' that are going around robbing people, drug-related crimes are usually caused by people into the more expensive drugs, weed isn't exactly the most expensive drug around is it? I doubt that people would be stealing to buy tobacco, only the people who are severely poor would do such a thing, a lot of the people who smoke it have jobs and things, earn their money, not just steal...

RE: should cannabis legalised? by John Anderton on 01-17-2005 at 04:40 PM

Thanks for that.
I think Ban IT !!!
No questions asked and no doubt about it.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-17-2005 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Thanks for that.
I think Ban IT !!!

Have you any reasons why it should be banned... even though its banned already it, it is almost legalized now anyway... people who have arthiritis can smoke it :)
RE: should cannabis legalised? by John Anderton on 01-17-2005 at 04:45 PM

It should not be allowed to any young ppl cause it causes so much damage imo.
Do u need a reason not to allow children to use such stuff.
C'mon its like putting an atomic bomb on some country. There is no valid reason 4 doing it.
Well incorrect anology :dodgy: cause

quote:
people who have arthiritis can smoke it:)

RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-17-2005 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Since when have robberies been caused by such things as weed, people who generally smoke weed aren't these 'smack-heads' that are going around robbing people, drug-related crimes are usually caused by people into the more expensive drugs, weed isn't exactly the most expensive drug around is it? I doubt that people would be stealing to buy tobacco, only the people who are severely poor would do such a thing, a lot of the people who smoke it have jobs and things, earn their money, not just steal...

I'm tha person

I'm that person.
quote:
Thanks for that.
I think Ban IT !!!

Imagine if the death penality was re-instated with this idea. :|
RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-17-2005 at 04:49 PM

So then put an age limit on such things, being legalized doesn't mean that anyone can just smoke it surely, they will probably put age limits on it just like they do anything else like tobacco, knivies, solvents, alcohols etc... It has more point than tobacco smoking...

Children will always get their hands on such products, kids are constantly getting drunk, stoned whatever...

Why not do it, so many people already acquire it somehow, I'm not stating any ways, but they do... So if so many people have it, why not legalize it, put an age limit on it... Why don't we ban alcohol, weed has not had a single recorded death, the usual cause is smoking 'fags' (cigarettes)...

RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-17-2005 at 04:51 PM

"weed has not had a single recorded death"
rocky can if you tintake LOADS and its fucking shit.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by John Anderton on 01-17-2005 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Imagine if the death penality was re-instated with this idea.

Bad idea.
Good idea to reduce world population though :lol:

* John Anderton decides never to vote for MC Inferno if he becomes a polititian :lol:
RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-17-2005 at 04:53 PM

quote:
"weed has not had a single recorded death"
rocky can if you tintake LOADS and its fucking shit.

We're talking about weed not soapbar/dogbar/draw whatever you want to call it, that shit is whack, it has plastic and stuff in it, so I wouldn't touch it, its gross...
RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 01-17-2005 at 05:01 PM

And in that case it is not actually the drug that is killing you, it is the stuff that comes with the drug in order to make it cost effective.

At the moment the organised criminals are operating at around 2000% profit margins. And the multi billion pound market is in the control of the criminals. By legalising it, governments can take contorl of the market, i.e. regulate it, instill quality control checks, and most importantly, tax it. Any deaths that do arise from legal cannabis use will mean the government is under more pressure to do more research into drug use, and also there will be better health care because of increased revenue from taxation.

Also, the argument that illegal drug trafficing will still exist even in with drugs legalised is a load of rubbish. Sure, you cant get rid of the market completletly, but most people are more likely to buy some cannabis from a lisenced pharmacist, than the dodgy bloke outside it, even if it means they can save themselves a couple of quid.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-17-2005 at 05:05 PM

Nice thinking there saralk, its definitely bought more light into my opinion, and it will probably persuade others into thinking like you... I know its swayed my opinion even more...

quote:
Also, the argument that illegal drug trafficing will still exist even in with drugs legalised is a load of rubbish. Sure, you cant get rid of the market completletly, but most people are more likely to buy some cannabis from a lisenced pharmacist, than the dodgy bloke outside it, even if it means they can save themselves a couple of quid.

I know its gah... but... I told you so people who said that :banana:...
RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC Inferno on 01-17-2005 at 07:01 PM

quote:
quote:
Imagine if the death penality was re-instated with this idea.

Bad idea.
Good idea to reduce world population though :lol:

* John Anderton decides never to vote for MC Inferno if he becomes a polititian :lol:

:P i did consier it at one point but ye, they wdnt vote for me, im too contrevsal and i tell the truth :P lol

quote:

At the moment the And in that case it is not actually the drug that is killing you, it is the stuff that comes with the drug in order to make it cost effective.

good point

quote:
Also, the argument that illegal drug trafficing will still exist even in with drugs legalised is a load of rubbish. Sure, you cant get rid of the market completletly, but most people are more likely to buy some cannabis from a lisenced pharmacist, than the dodgy bloke outside it, even if it means they can save themselves a couple of quid.[/

Nah, thats not true. im sorry but its not. u gotta get skins, bif's and weed, ur skint by dis time, if u can save a few quid, any wanna be smack head like myself wd :P lol
RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 01-17-2005 at 07:34 PM

if your going to disscuss something, then please use proper english to explain what "skins" and "bifs" are, if skins are the stuff you wrap the drug in, then you could buy the drug roll up style, much like you buy roll up cigarettes.

Duno what a bif is, but im sure it could be bought with the drug in a mini kit type thing.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by aNILEator on 01-18-2005 at 12:01 AM

traxor i didn't think you got stoned :P

I still think that lucky strike should do their 'little special one' in every 1000 packs or whatever :P

Cannabis should be legalized to an extent like ciggarettes are atm but the legal age should be 18 and must supply ID etc, not the dodgy resin,muddy shit because thats plain nasty.

Who likes the idea of packs of 3 cones/spliffs pre-rolled sold in shops that sell ciggarette/smoking products?

I think it sounds cool :D

RE: should cannabis legalised? by toddy on 01-18-2005 at 12:06 AM

tbh i think u all shouldn't be smoking weed !!!!!!! 

wot would your parents think :O:O

edit:
out of all the people that that smoke weed here, how many of your parents know that they are doing so ?? (and be honnest about it)

bet its less then 10%

RE: should cannabis legalised? by KeyStorm on 01-18-2005 at 12:12 AM

I'm one :P
Actually, being full aged and legally being able to smoke (in private) they couldn't care less.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pr0xY on 01-18-2005 at 03:55 AM

quote:
if it were to be legalised, then the Police would have to have another way to test for Cannibis  in ya blood, cant drink an drive so ya shouldnt be able to smoke weed an drive,
Well of course there would be some restrictions that would come if it was legalized. 
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Weyzza on 01-18-2005 at 06:43 AM

Should cannabis be legalized?

I don't care...
But I would not let anyone in my family consume this thing ;)

RE: RE: should cannabis legalised? by user2319 on 01-18-2005 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid

I don't care...

Then wil you let them consume alcohol and tobacco? :dodgy:
RE: should cannabis legalised? by John Anderton on 01-18-2005 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Then wil you let them consume alcohol and tobacco

No i wont. No one does that in my family neway :)
RE: should cannabis legalised? by user2319 on 01-18-2005 at 03:33 PM

quote:
quote:
Then wil you let them consume alcohol and tobacco

No i wont. No one does that in my family neway :)

:O That's great :)

RE: should cannabis legalised? by toddy on 01-18-2005 at 04:11 PM

so is there only KeyStorm's parents that know that they child smokes weed ??? since no one else replied

RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 01-18-2005 at 04:38 PM

i dont actually smoke and drug, but i support legalising it from a enconomic point of view.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by toddy on 01-18-2005 at 04:42 PM

quote:
but i support legalising it from a enconomic point of view

good point !! would create a lot of revenue from the tax they would put on it
RE: should cannabis legalised? by aNILEator on 01-18-2005 at 04:43 PM

my dad knows i used to smoke weed and he said he would rather me smoke weed than a standard ciggarette so if that counts then count me in too

RE: RE: RE: should cannabis legalised? by Weyzza on 01-18-2005 at 05:12 PM

quote:
quote:

I don't care...

Then wil you let them consume alcohol and tobacco? :dodgy:

lol
Of course not.
That's a silly question I'd say.

All of them are dangerous.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-18-2005 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
traxor i didn't think you got stoned :P

I still think that lucky strike should do their 'little special one' in every 1000 packs or whatever :P

Cannabis should be legalized to an extent like ciggarettes are atm but the legal age should be 18 and must supply ID etc, not the dodgy resin,muddy shit because thats plain nasty.

Who likes the idea of packs of 3 cones/spliffs pre-rolled sold in shops that sell ciggarette/smoking products?

I think it sounds cool :D

I don't really, my mates don't like me doing it, so I just don't, the last time I got completely wrecked I got with a girl that my best mate like loved...

I didn't know they did a 'special one'...

I agree that the age limit should be 18, its not as bad as alcohol. Alcohol is legal and has the age-limit of 18, therefore, why not legalise marijuana??? I agree not to sell draw ;)... I think the spliff-selling Idea is great lol...

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
edit:
out of all the people that that smoke weed here, how many of your parents know that they are doing so ?? (and be honnest about it)

bet its less then 10%

hmm... my parents know that I have, and my parents have done it aswell... heck, once my dad had some draw and I had a snidy bit lol...

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
my dad knows i used to smoke weed and he said he would rather me smoke weed than a standard ciggarette so if that counts then count me in too

Thats my point of view on such a matter ;)...

quote:
lol
Of course not.
That's a silly question I'd say.

All of them are dangerous.

You can not in anyway control your children/family from such a thing, it will be constantly there, if we could, then people wouldn't be doing it constantly would they???
RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 01-18-2005 at 05:28 PM

tbh, i believe that if you contrain children, they will just try and rebel even more. I do it, and most children do it, you are best to just try and limit them, and educate them.

See things from there point of view and make compromises.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-18-2005 at 05:30 PM

Thats a valid point, they think themselves as 'hard', a bit like our public MC... lol... They will always try and obtain it somehow, and if they do, they will think that its easier and easier... every child does it, regardless of what it is... unless you keep him/her locked indoors or whatever...

RE: should cannabis legalised? by KeyStorm on 01-18-2005 at 07:00 PM

It's worse to say to a child "don't do it" than "you shouldn't because...". A prohibition tempts to be disobeyed, while a rational explaination makes more sense. That's not only for kids, but also vor most adults.

It would give much money to the state, tbh.

btw, I don't really like the spliffs idea, but it could be a good extra-bussiness to the tobacco manufacturers, now they're slowly losing customers.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by aNILEator on 01-18-2005 at 07:19 PM

well i was just thinking 3 or 4 joints for £20 roughly what you would get for your money, but 100% confirmed good quality blah blah balh i thought it would be good *cough* not like you can't buy them like this already *cough* CAMDEN MARKET, LONDON *cough* ;-)

RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-18-2005 at 08:15 PM

2 or 4 joints for that is pretty insane lol... think of the tax on that... 20*17.5% :)

RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 01-18-2005 at 08:28 PM

like i said, cannabis is so cheap to import nowadays along with high risks, that the profit margins are something like 2000%. By legalising drugs, profit margins will be lower, and so the tax will not be as much.

And also tobacco has a different tax rate to normal goods, so will cannabis

RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-18-2005 at 09:01 PM

are you an economist or something... I'm going to contact the newspaper :p...

RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 01-18-2005 at 09:04 PM

Im doing economics for GCSE, and for A-Level next year, plus im really into economics.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Weyzza on 01-19-2005 at 05:13 PM

quote:
tbh, i believe that if you contrain children, they will just try and rebel even more. I do it, and most children do it, you are best to just try and limit them, and educate them.

See things from there point of view and make compromises.
quote:
Thats a valid point, they think themselves as 'hard', a bit like our public MC... lol... They will always try and obtain it somehow, and if they do, they will think that its easier and easier... every child does it, regardless of what it is... unless you keep him/her locked indoors or whatever...

My mother did not prohibit me. She begged me not to, and I, not as an individualist but only a son who respects his mother, have never tried those things, including but not limited to cigarettes, weed, alcohol, drugs.

I will gladly sacrifice my dignity for my children's goodness.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-19-2005 at 06:26 PM

quote:
My mother did not prohibit me. She begged me not to, and I, not as an individualist but only a son who respects her mother, have never tried those things, including but not limited to cigarettes, weed, alcohol, drugs.

I will gladly sacrifice my dignity for my children's goodness.

You can beg your children not to do so if you please, we're just saying that it will be difficult to stop them from doing such a thing, the attitude of people now-a-days has gotten quite terrible in my opinion, they don't listen for the mere fact that they think its making them look hard or whatever. Children respect their mothers but... sometimes they do other things aswell as respecting their mothers...

I'm sure you would sacrifice your dignity, but children are more uncontrollable than you think, you can't compare that of how you were taught to how things are today, a lot of things have changed and all people are different, you can't restrict your child from hanging out with influencing children... We aren't as punished now-a-days... its bad...
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pipish on 01-20-2005 at 12:30 AM

dude no drug should be legalised as rono siad its bad for your health and can kill drugs are bad

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 01-20-2005 at 12:41 AM

I think at least weed should be legalized b/c, It's jsut the same effect as alcohol basically nothing really diffferent, just a bunch of dtripping, it still destroys your brain but what do they care!? There stil is cigs... and alcohol.  To me it seems that the goverment only makes this illegal b/c they want more money for charging people! :@

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Hank on 01-20-2005 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket
I think at least weed should be legalized b/c, It's jsut the same effect as alcohol basically nothing really diffferent,

you'd know this how skin? back  your Claims up
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pipish on 01-20-2005 at 02:39 AM

:@ at all the weed lovers it destroys your health why would you do such a thing a smoke weed i think it reflects bad on you personality once somthing is made iligal what are the chances of it becoming legal again this is a worthless topic tbh

RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC.POP on 01-20-2005 at 02:43 AM

i vote for no as in NO FREAKIN WAY?!!??!!? wt kind of question is that?

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pipish on 01-20-2005 at 03:39 AM

:| are doing canibas now ?

i can hardly understand what you are trying to say

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 01-20-2005 at 04:11 AM

quote:
quote:
I think at least weed should be legalized b/c, It's jsut the same effect as alcohol basically nothing really diffferent,

Dude, My lifestyles teaches this ever single year, there both drugs, sure htey harm your health but what does the goverment care, all they want is money from the fines!
I don't do weed, I've only done abotu a joint and htats it, it was at a concert last week, but big woop who cares,

Weed is just as harmful as a cig, Their both drugs.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC.POP on 01-20-2005 at 04:15 AM

since its bad for u y do it in the first place?

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 01-20-2005 at 04:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
since its bad for u y do it in the first place?
I don't do it, only once, Don't feel like doing it again tho.  I don't care if it's bad for me anyways, cigarettes are bad.. why arent they illegal
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Flames on 01-20-2005 at 04:39 AM

should it count as a drug?!

there're so many ppl smoking those in downtown vancouver, as the best city in the world-those stuff makes our city smell bad!

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 01-20-2005 at 04:40 AM

Smoking is a drug, alchol is a drug, caffine is a drug, anything that modifys the central nervous system is a drug.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pipish on 01-20-2005 at 04:46 AM

tbh its up to people what they do with there life if they want to screw it up with drugs and smoking and alcahol no-one can realy stop them except if it is iligal and that wat this topic is about so basicle you are doing two bad things screwing up your life with drugs and disobeying the law

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Hank on 01-20-2005 at 04:50 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Dude, My lifestyles teaches this ever single year, there both drugs, sure htey harm your health but what does the goverment care, all they want is money from the fines!
I don't do weed, I've only done abotu a joint and htats it, it was at a concert last week, but big woop who cares,

and you'd believe a teacher? LMAO , years i was at skool the teachers knew jack,  but from what traxor said, marijuana is somewhat better for you than Cigeretta tar, is true,  do they tell you that at skool?.. prolly not,  an why? again prolly not,  iv'e only smoked 5 ciggies in my life, then went over to Marijuana/hash , Hasg is from my belief is suposed to be somewhat stronger than marijuana, but didnt do alot for me so i stuck to marijuana , but saying Alcohol an weed is or has the same affects is totally wrong, ,

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 01-20-2005 at 05:00 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

and you'd believe a teacher? LMAO , years i was at skool the teachers knew jack,  but from what traxor said, marijuana is somewhat better for you than Cigeretta tar, is true,  do they tell you that at skool?.. prolly not,  an why? again prolly not,  iv'e only smoked 5 ciggies in my life, then went over to Marijuana/hash , Hasg is from my belief is suposed to be somewhat stronger than marijuana, but didnt do alot for me so i stuck to marijuana , but saying Alcohol an weed is or has the same affects is totally wrong, ,
All I'm saying is they both do damage to the brain, cigarettes is more body killing than weed, very little cases people have died of marijuana, not nearly as much as cigs, cigs should be illegal!
RE: should cannabis legalised? by MC.POP on 01-20-2005 at 05:03 AM

in texas which is over here cigs are almost not allowed there has been a decrease in the number of smokers.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Hank on 01-20-2005 at 07:23 AM

quote:
All I'm saying is they both do damage to the brain, cigarettes is more body killing than weed, very little cases people have died of marijuana, not nearly as much as cigs, cigs should be illegal!

Cigs arent illiegal coz the Government Gets the tax from  each sale of a Ciggie Box. i somehow dont think ciggies will ever be illegal,  all the Government can do an is doing is putting on the packages "smoking can harm you an or the baby your carrying" just aswell im not pregnant :P
RE: should cannabis legalised? by user27089 on 01-20-2005 at 08:08 AM

In england there is a lot of talk, and in most places in the united kingdom, you can't smoke in public/pubs either... only in your own home, its really good I think, and should be put everywhere, if people smoked weed though... It would be okay... the government would make loads from legalizing it and steadying the trade of marijuana from jamaica and things...

RE: RE: should cannabis legalised? by user2319 on 01-20-2005 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
:@ at all the weed lovers it destroys your health why would you do such a thing a smoke weed i think it reflects bad on you personality once somthing is made iligal what are the chances of it becoming legal again this is a worthless topic tbh

Pipish, though you are right, the same thing goes for alcohol and cigarettes. Why would you do such a thing? I don't know, but still people do it. Putting people in jail for it is a stupid idea though. It only creates more problems, and it doesn't solve anything. Marijuana should be legalised, but it shouldn't be allowed to smoke it in public places, and people should be taught "don't do it".
RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 01-20-2005 at 05:13 PM

quote:
sure htey harm your health but what does the goverment care, all they want is money from the fines!

the government would get a significantly larger amount of money from the taxation of drugs than they do from fines. The amount of people who actually get caught anf fined is tiny in comparison to the amount of people doing drugs. By legalising certain drugs, eveyone who does that drug would pay extra tax.
maybe you should just think twice about things before you start going on about things that are blatantly false

quote:
cigarettes are bad.. why arent they illegal

criminalising ciggarrettes would be the worst thing a government cold ever do. Millions of people would suddenly become criminals, even though they started smoking when it was legal to smoke. The reasons why it would be bad would be because that government party would lose all support from smokers, which is a large proportion, they would also have to recoup the billions lost from ciggarette tax by taxing something else, something that is easy to increase the tax for without losing revenue (smokers are an easy target for taxation because they are hooked, and have to pay), either they will just generally increase the tax on everything, which will mean inflation will rise = bad. Or they target something in particular, losing a lot of support from that group.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by user2319 on 01-20-2005 at 08:46 PM

But saralk, the taxes on cigarettes are used on health care. When people stop smoking, they will still be ill, because they've been smoking for decades, but there will be no more money to help them.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pipish on 01-21-2005 at 12:32 AM

i find this quite amazing how this has reaching ten pages ten pages of bs tbh my final statement

Drugs=bad

they are already illigal and i dont think that will change if people want to do drugs let them its there loss

RE: should cannabis legalised? by -Bogan- on 04-05-2005 at 11:42 AM

Cannabis should be legalised it's just as dangerous as Tobacco + you don't actually get addicted to it as there is no nicotine. I would also like to point out to u we should be using hemp to make paper instead of tree's as you need only like a plant to make a book, it's enviromentaly freindly+ saves the trees.

Legalise Cannabis.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pyroteq on 04-05-2005 at 11:45 AM

Nah it fucks you up.. I love my weed, but you dont want everyone walking around ripped all the time

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Hank on 04-05-2005 at 11:46 AM

in a way Cannibas should be legalised, well i naustralia anywya ,, the governemnt could collect a prety good Tax off

RE: should cannabis legalised? by -Bogan- on 04-05-2005 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
what kind of a fucking stupid question is that?

drugs are scum and people that do them deserve to die a painful death.

THE END

Thats so harsh so do u feel the same way about cigarettes because there a drug to same with alcohol. The only diffrence is that alcohol and cigs are socially accepted. Cigs give cancer and random other shit and alcohol wrecks your liver and that.
So do u drink because if you do u should die to.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by squall_leonhart69r on 04-08-2005 at 10:32 PM

no it shouldn't, canabis can and does cause skitzophrenia

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pr0xY on 04-09-2005 at 04:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Munty
can kill you.
It would take 1,000 joints to kill a person... and you'd pass out after the 30th. 

RE: should cannabis legalised? by st0rm on 04-09-2005 at 05:09 AM

well i reckn it should be legalised cuz like its a plant...that grows in the dirt, its a natural plant. its not like eccies where you got no idea wat the hell is in it. besides alchohol and ciggarettes are legal, why shouldnt pot be legal?

if they do legalise it, many new laws should be enforced with it, like how many plants you can grow, how much your allowed to smoke, etc.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 04-09-2005 at 05:16 AM

Cigarettes do worse to the body than weed....:dodgy:

So why shouldn't it be legalized

Kinda make the goverments/police's job easier.....

I don't understand thsi tought, if people wanna smoke it and kill their body, then let them do it, don't worry about them.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by -dt- on 04-09-2005 at 05:21 AM

err who brang up this really old thread =/

anyway I think it should be legalised well atleast for making hemp clothes and such because it grows faster than cotten or wool and requires less water which means its cheaper/better for the envirament.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 04-09-2005 at 05:32 AM

The bill of writes is written on hemp :rolleyes:

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Joa on 04-09-2005 at 05:47 AM

i think there's nothing wrong with legalizing hemp (a) it's all natural

in the long run, alcohol and cigarettes can be just as dangerous.

not that i'd do any of that stuff

RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 04-09-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
But saralk, the taxes on cigarettes are used on health care. When people stop smoking, they will still be ill, because they've been smoking for decades, but there will be no more money to help them.

its a small, short term price to pay for the long term drop in demand on the NHS.

I could debate all day about prohibition.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Dane on 04-09-2005 at 10:13 PM

Cannabis does in some cases cause schizophrenia due to the chemicals in it.  It also is linked to some forms of cancer and other things.

In my opinion, if you're that weak that you need to stoop to drugs to make yourself "Happy", you need to be admitted to a Psychological Institution for some help.

quote:
Originally posted by New England Journal of Medicine

When a teenager or anyone for that matter gets there "high", they are setting a bar.  Next time they go and get "high", they have to smoke more than the last time to achieve there "high".

Seriously, Nothing good comes from Cannabis, and I think its complete bullshit that it helps cancer patients.  Maybe in somecases, but in most cases I think its just an excuse to smoke it.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Yousef on 04-09-2005 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Seriously, Nothing good comes from Cannabis, and I think its complete bullshit that it helps cancer patients.  Maybe in somecases, but in most cases I think its just an excuse to smoke it.
Ever heard of medicine-weed? Yeah, I live in Holland :p
RE: should cannabis legalised? by ProblemWv Authority on 04-09-2005 at 10:48 PM

I think that all non-helpful drugs should just be band. I fucking hate drugs and pathetic people who take them in whatever way. For fucks sake, you tosser get a fucking life dick weed! drugs do nothing but halm you and your health! What the fuck is "cool" about taking them?!?! All you are is week minded! It's pathetic! Cannabis should be totally band.OK maybe it's up to you weather you want to fuck your life up but i don't want to have to walk past you or places with the air infested with green and smell the shit! You fucking damaging my lungs aswell and I ain't too fucking happy about that! You should shove you ciggy up your ass and hope i don't find you! week minded drugged up cunt!

Sorry but this is just one of those things that really gets to me!

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Munty on 04-10-2005 at 12:10 AM

Also in Canada one type of drug [i forgot] can be used and bought online without being charged.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Pyroteq on 04-10-2005 at 12:53 AM

Incorrect guys..
Weed is more harmfull that smoko's.. Weed contains around 420 chemicals while gigs only contain about ten.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Joa on 04-10-2005 at 08:20 AM

quote:
agreed. people have become lazy and looking for 'quick fixes'
theres a whole world out there to see and to live, and people should start living because they would get high naturally from life.
if you don't respect your self and sink to the level of the gutter and use drugs etc then why should decent people respect you?

it's true. i agree, it's mainly laziness and an easy way to get away from "stress" and such. i'm not sure, but i think when it comes to cancer patients, it doesn't HEAL, it just help's relieve stress. i have no opinion eitherway when it comes to those affected by cancer smoking weed.

before i posted that it should be made legal, well... in canada i don't really have a say in anything :-/ although "theoretically" i do. so, i just get prepared for the worst. i mean, i already know it will be legalized, it's not like i can do anything about it. i tried contacting the government, arguing my side on many of issues, and i received messages back etc. (i was 'honored' to get a reply actually :^))... but all they always say is "thank you for your input, we respect your opinion. your letter will be forwarded to blah blah blah" :|

honestly i'm gonna wait till i'm of higher status in this society, and than i'll break out a revolution...:refuck:

quote:
it would be better to make tobacco and alcohol illegal
i'd have to say i agree about tobacco. not only does it cause damage to the person smoking it, but second hand smoke is harmful too, and also very annoying. as for alcohol, a lot of people would be enraged about it being made illegal :-/ .. although personally i dislike all kinds of alcohol i don't think it should be made illegal. there are not so many problems with it anymore, drunk driving is an issue still, but i dunno.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by saralk on 04-10-2005 at 08:43 AM

you can't turn something like tobacco illegal, after its been legal for so long.

You would have so many people who are now suddenly criminals for doing something that the other day was completely legal. The government continues to try and get people off ciggarettes, and once the demand is low enough, the private sector will have thier say and there wont be many ciggarettes on sale.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by -Bogan- on 04-11-2005 at 10:37 AM

quote:
you can't turn something like tobacco illegal, after its been legal for so long.

You would have so many people who are now suddenly criminals for doing something that the other day was completely legal. The government continues to try and get people off ciggarettes, and once the demand is low enough, the private sector will have thier say and there wont be many ciggarettes on sale.

How do u think all the hippies felt when after about 5-6 years of marijuna being acceptable to use there told it's illegal + marijuna inspires creativity take The beatles for example their the greatest band ever and because of marijuna they were able to make great songs like "I am the walrus" and "Strawberry Fields forever"
RE: should cannabis legalised? by -Bogan- on 04-11-2005 at 10:39 AM

Oh yeah I also forgot Bob marley with great songs like "smoke two joints" which was inspired by the drug.

RE: RE: should cannabis legalised? by user2319 on 04-14-2005 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Incorrect guys..
Weed is more harmfull that smoko's..
Correct. But what sicko would smoke more than one joint a day? :wall: Cigarette-people count in packs/day!

quote:
Weed contains around 420 chemicals while gigs only contain about ten.

Who the ruddy hell cares about the amount of chemicals inside? Does that matter?
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Veggie on 04-16-2005 at 05:51 PM

think i read somewhere that theres other reasons why it wont be legalised, the goverenment wont legalise it because they cant tax it. I think theres laws against taxing things if they have been previously illegal

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Rik on 04-16-2005 at 07:11 PM

i think not
it would be better if they didn't produce them in the first place

RE: should cannabis legalised? by marissa on 04-16-2005 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Correct. But what sicko would smoke more than one joint a day? Cigarette-people count in packs/day!

but you dont really gret a high of smokes, plus after you smoke weed you start to burn out and just wanna do nothing :\

everyone who smokes weed smokes 2 or more joints a day :\...plus when you use a bong and a pipe it'll prolly amount up to more than 2 joints anyways...if you have a lot and there arent many people in the sesion :-#
just who cares already, they should legalize it.

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
i think not
it would be better if they didn't produce them in the first place

in my oppinion drugs are for losers

i was like that when i was 12 too :\
RE: should cannabis legalised? by *Saint* on 04-16-2005 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Correct. But what sicko would smoke more than one joint a day?
You obviously havent been here lol i see people with like 5 per day
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Rik on 04-17-2005 at 11:17 AM

quote:
strongly argreed. rik we, should feel good that were better then these stupid drug users. :)
yeah
why waste our live with drugs?:undecided:
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 04-18-2005 at 06:49 AM

Here I am again. :dodgy:

Weed is fun and all, and Weed is less harmful than cigarettes, do you regularly hear of deaths of people smoking weed and such?  It is pretty obvious which is more deadly after I just pointed that out. :P

RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 04-18-2005 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marijuana myths
Marijuana is much more dangerous than tobacco

Smoked marijuana contains more carcinogens than does an
equivalent amount of tobacco (1.5 to 3 times).  Marijuana,
however, unlike tobacco, actually dilates (enlarges) the air
passages in the lungs which promotes self-cleaning.  This is one
reason why cannabis has been found useful in the past in treating
asthmatics.  It should be remembered that a heavy tobacco smoker
consumes much more tobacco than a heavy marijuana smoker consumes
marijuana.  Two other factors are important.  The first is that
paraphernalia laws directed against marijuana users make it
difficult to smoke safely.  These laws make water pipes and
bongs, which filter some of the carcinogens out of the smoke,
illegal and, hence, unavailable.  The second is that, if
marijuana were legal, it would be more economical to have
cannabis drinks like bhang (a traditional drink in the Middle
East) or tea which are totally non-carcinogenic.  This is in
stark contrast with "smokeless" tobacco products like snuff which
can cause cancer of the mouth and throat.  Nicotine itself is
very toxic in even small quantities.  In contrast, the
cannabinoids are relatively non-toxic.  When all of these facts
are taken together, it can be clearly seen that the reverse is
true: marijuana is much SAFER than tobacco.

Erm, you guys just don't see that marijuana is no worse than tobacco, im sure if maryjane was more deadly there would be just as much commercials as for tobacco.
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Incorrect guys..
Weed is more harmfull that smoko's.. Weed contains around 420 chemicals while gigs only contain about ten.

quote:

There are over a thousand chemicals in marijuana smoke

Again, true but misleading.  The 31 August 1990 issue of the
magazine Science notes that of the over 800 volatile chemicals
present in roasted COFFEE, only 21 have actually been tested on
animals and 16 of these cause cancer in rodents.  Yet, coffee
remains legal and is generally considered fairly safe.
quote:
No one has ever died of a marijuana overdose

This is true.  It was put in to see if you are paying
attention.  Animal tests have revealed that extremely high doses
of cannabinoids are needed to have lethal effect.  This has led
scientists to conclude that the ratio of the amount of
cannabinoids necessary to get a person intoxicated (i.e., stoned)
relative to the amount necessary to kill them is 1 to 40,000.  In
other words, to overdose, you would have to consume 40,000 times
as much marijuana as you needed to get stoned.  In contrast, the
ratio for alcohol varies between 1 to 4 and 1 to 10.  It is easy
to see how upwards of 5000 people die from alcohol overdoses
every year and no one EVER dies of marijuana overdoses.

Source? Anyone?
http://www.textfiles.com/drugs/m7

and about cigs being more deadly
http://www.textfiles.com/drugs/maryjane.txt

ummm....[random]

[/random]
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Hank on 04-18-2005 at 08:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
Weed is fun and all

it is fun?..How so?.. Maybe u an i should meet up so you can see waht it does . might think twice bouyt "being fun"
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Purity on 04-18-2005 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
quote:
Weed is fun and all

it is fun?..How so?.. Maybe u an i should meet up so you can see waht it does . might think twice bouyt "being fun"
8-)Dude, I use to do it like last year, the only thing fun about it was laughing at nothing, what are you talking about anyways?
meet up with me.  O.o
* Purity slaps demz around a bit with a large trout.

RE: should cannabis legalised? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 06-16-2005 at 09:53 AM

Lol!!!!
I'm gonna start laugh at this thread!!!! If I was stoned right now I'd laugh to death!!! :D:D:D

Legalize for christ sake!!!

And all of you "haters" (nimicitor).. SHUT THE #¤%& UP!

Purity is absolutly right about every point he has mentioned so far...
Hashis/cannabis/marijuana/whatever are ok.. It's nice to sit down and chill.. Getting stoned a bit.. Chilling... Laughing for no reason.. etc...
BUT! I disgrace DRUGS, like Extasy, LSD, Coke, Narcotic, etc,, Stronger drugs I disgrace and hate.. But some cannabish won't hurt as god damn shit!! Stop cying bitches... In Denmark "everybody" have tried smoking cannabis... Not just the trouble kids, but the intelligent, high educated kids, people... Parents.. Teachers... I am currently on one of the highest education levels I can be at right now.. And I smoked cannabis 10 months ago (meaning I haven't smoked for 10 months! As proud as Purity is... But I'll be doing teh_smokeage in the summer with a few of my friends)... That doesn't mean i'm a zero, low-life scumbag... I'm as heathly and going strong as anyone else here on the forum...
I've never touched anything "stronger"/"higher-ranked" drugs than cannabis.. And I never will... But I will always be in contact and surrounded by people smoking cannabis, since it's just everywhere...

BTW: No I don't live in Christania.. I almost live as far from Christania/Copenhagen as possible.. :S

Edit:
Lol.. Just noticed this was a "rather old" thread.. :S..

RE: should cannabis legalised? by x2zen on 06-16-2005 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
In Denmark "everybody" have tried smoking cannabis... Not just the trouble kids, but the intelligent, high educated kids, people... Parents.. Teachers...
:D:P
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
BTW: No I don't live in Christania.. I almost live as far from Christania/Copenhagen as possible..
Pusherstreet got closed :(
IMO, that was THE most stupid thing ever, I think its good to have that one place where it all was located, instead of now where all the dealers etc has moved out on many locations in Copenhagen. But thats another story. BTW, I live 298 km from Copenhagen.

Cannabis should be legalised, but not the drugs, just like (CyBeRDuDe) said.
RE: should cannabis legalised? by John Anderton on 06-16-2005 at 11:53 AM

I tht this thread died. Cyberdude gave it CPR :dodgy:

quote:

your the druggie scum not me. im proud to be better then you.
C'mon now dont get all fighty / abbusive :-/

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Demz
quote:
Weed is fun and all

8-)Dude, I use to do it like last year, the only thing fun about it was laughing at nothing, what are you talking about anyways?
meet up with me.  O.o
* Purity slaps demz around a bit with a large trout.
Weed aint fun :dodgy:
And i didnt know Demz = Animal :| Damn :$

* John Anderton gives this thread some drugs to kill it :dodgy:
Meh .... takes too long ...
* John Anderton chokes this thread :dodgy:

And oh btw ...  my standpoint on this topic is ... Drugs = Big No
RE: should cannabis legalised? by Veggie on 06-16-2005 at 11:54 AM

dont you hate people who cant see both sides of the arguement that are fixed on one point of view and wont listen?