Shoutbox

Suggestion: DL Fonts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: DL Fonts (/showthread.php?tid=37120)

Suggestion: DL Fonts by Sekiho on 01-18-2005 at 12:15 AM

I think that MSN should be able to download the font that the other guy is using...
I want this beacuse i have been all the time using my own font and thinking that everyone was seeing it, but no, they just see the default one and the color if they dont have my font...
So if MSN could download the font to be able to see it, it would be much better... ^^

RE: Suggestion: DL Fonts by .blade// on 01-18-2005 at 12:27 AM

This would be a bad idea bcz it would require secret transfers of files and ppl would find a way to exploit this.

The best way is to rather use a fairly common font, or send them the font you're using.

RE: Suggestion: DL Fonts by Guido on 01-18-2005 at 12:39 AM

Plus, many fonts are commercial and can't be distributed just like that freely. That would be, therefore, sort of illegal.

quote:
This would be a bad idea bcz it would require secret transfers of files and ppl would find a way to exploit this.
So how are DPs and emoticons transferred, mr. smarty? :gfdrin:
RE: Suggestion: DL Fonts by .blade// on 01-18-2005 at 03:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Plus, many fonts are commercial and can't be distributed just like that freely. That would be, therefore, sort of illegal.

So how are DPs and emoticons transferred, mr. smarty? :gfdrin:

I meant if you were using an outside script - emotes and DPs are done straight through the MSN protocol :dodgy:.