Shoutbox

desktop contacts plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: desktop contacts plugin (/showthread.php?tid=37170)

desktop contacts plugin by ghostwalker on 01-18-2005 at 08:53 PM

I know people have asked for the desktop contacts to be skinnable and from the sounds of it they dont want to do it. So I was wondering if you could make a plugin that would alow the desktop contacts to be skinned or at least make the border and background transparent. Any chance this could be done with a plugin.

RE: desktop contacts plugin by RaceProUK on 01-19-2005 at 11:19 AM

They can already be made transparent, though I forget how.

RE: desktop contacts plugin by Phrive on 01-19-2005 at 12:03 PM

If you should be able to do anything to them, i would change them into actual icons, have there username, and then a plus icon

It would look great i think alot better than how they are now, there okay, but i would prefere actual icons, or maybe a choice within plus to have either one?

RE: desktop contacts plugin by ghostwalker on 01-21-2005 at 12:33 PM

How about an option for no background and no border color that way the icon and name are the only thing displayed, I really dont like the backgrounds ( or is there a way I can edit the exe to get rid of the backgrounds if you dont want to add this option.).

RE: desktop contacts plugin by CookieRevised on 01-21-2005 at 12:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
They can already be made transparent...
But the text and icon also fades.
quote:
...though I forget how.
Right click the dekstop contact and choose Change Display Settings > Transparency
quote:
Originally posted by ghostwalker
How about an option for no background and no border color
indeed a nice suggestion (Y)

RE: RE: desktop contacts plugin by Caseira on 08-10-2006 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
They can already be made transparent...
But the text and icon also fades.
quote:
...though I forget how.
Right click the dekstop contact and choose Change Display Settings > Transparency
quote:
Originally posted by ghostwalker
How about an option for no background and no border color
indeed a nice suggestion (Y)

Or a transparency settings for each one (back, font, border) from 0% to 100%.
Also a keep contacts "glued" and alligned to bottom.
RE: desktop contacts plugin by qgroessl on 08-10-2006 at 04:20 PM

Alot of this is already do-able.... to keep contacts "glued" and alligned to the bottom... place them where you want, and right click, select "lock position".

You can set a desktop nickname for them too...

Also you can change the transparency via a slider... and select different text, border, and background colors... if you don't want a background... Match the background of the icon, to the background of your desktop (won't work when you have a window under them, but IMO next best thing... Transparency works better for that though.

RE: RE: desktop contacts plugin by Caseira on 08-10-2006 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Alot of this is already do-able.... to keep contacts "glued" and alligned to the bottom... place them where you want, and right click, select "lock position".

You can set a desktop nickname for them too...

Also you can change the transparency via a slider... and select different text, border, and background colors... if you don't want a background... Match the background of the icon, to the background of your desktop (won't work when you have a window under them, but IMO next best thing... Transparency works better for that though.

Thanks for the answer but i don't know if i made myself clear. When i said glued i mean glued each other, not in a fixed screen positon.
RE: desktop contacts plugin by qgroessl on 08-10-2006 at 04:23 PM

Like the thread you made ;) haha... Guess it didn't click till now that they'd probably mean the same thing.