Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Support - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Support (/showthread.php?tid=37213)

Messenger Plus! Support by user27089 on 01-19-2005 at 09:27 PM

Hello,

As some of you may know, a while back I created a video on how to uninstall the sponsor program, I took suggestions and adapted it, I thank you all for those suggestions, they made my video better, from the first 'poxy' video that I created which was rubbish and not very understandable, Cookie_Revised quickly pointed this out, and I edited the video accordingly. I had to change my desktop to what it is when you first start you pc, and start everything, do it slower and so on and so forth, there following people are those who advised me during the creation of the videos:

• Cookie Revised
  • Lee jeffery
  • Carltos Cool
if you gave me support, then just pm me ;)...

Prior to creating the videos, I sent an email direct to patchou regarding creating a flash animation about it to try and compress such a thing, in doing so, I had an idea, to create a website that is dedicated to helping the users of messenger plus!, I emailed the idea to patchou, and got a very prompt response, and it was the all thumbs up. I may get flamed for making this web site, as it isn't really my thing, I try to help people as much as I can, and to make a website is just great for me really, as I'm enjoying helping people and enjoying making the website aswell... I had permission to use the messenger plus! logos as much as I pleased as long as I note that the website or one's self wasn't affiliated whatsoever with msgplus.net.

So this is when I started production on Messenger Plus! Support, the site is in a temporary design and will be changed soon, I had to think up ideas of the content and I came up with several sub-categories, some not so good and some good, but the most useful, the uninstallation of the sponsor software, I got credit of Patchou for doing this in an email... He told me that I should make a thread about it, so here I am doing so.

the temporary design (click for actual size)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=364977]

Basically, the site is about Helping to uninstall the messenger plus! sponsor... It uses a variety of methods, it explains in text, and has pictures and there are videos for people with dial-up and people with broadband... I wanted to attract a variety of different internet users, this was also a suggestion by another member, without a lot of your guys, i guess I would be nothing on this forum, people around have given me a lot of support and helped me a lot at most times...

I was wondering that if I made this small site, then people would be willing to post links as such to it, not for the hits, for the pure fact thats its completely easy, I would also be willing to take any suggestions with the new sites interface, and any help would be great... If people have any tutorials on uninstalling plus! just post in this thread, and I will put it on my site, including hosting and give you full credit...

[edit] forgot the url to the site :$ http://mpsupport.toastednet.org

If you do find any problems with the website, don't be afraid of being picky, just simply post, I'll fix the problems, then I will report back here, if there are any more problems, I'll fix and so on and so forth, if you have content you wish to be on the site, just post or send me an email: traxor@gmail.com ...

If anyone is interesting in being a co-webmaster/designer or anything, just let me know ;).
RE: Messenger Plus! Support by Vazza on 01-19-2005 at 10:31 PM

Well, its looks like I'm going to be the first person to be "picky".

1) the click here's in the sponsor program section
The first here is in bold and clearly noticable. But the others are same size and colour and not very noticable.

2)Links
Why are the first three darker than the rest? If this is meant to be then fine, but some people may interpret the light links as not functioning.

besides that, I give it the (y)

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by user27089 on 01-19-2005 at 10:34 PM

I'll sort out the sponsor problems tomorrow, i'll make all of the links bold... Its just the case of using stylesheet, do you think that I should change the colour though, so it is more noticeable? I think it would be more feasable :)...

The first three links are probably darker because they have already been visited, but I'll look into this one also... - Solved
(The links are darker because they have been visited before :))

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by matty on 01-19-2005 at 10:51 PM

Layout is screwed on 1280*1024 resolution

[Image: attachment.php?pid=365031]

[size=1]Sorry for the large file size and the image being in 16colours I don't have any imaging software here at work except paint :mipdodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by M73A on 01-19-2005 at 10:54 PM

www.dot.tk! lol, sign it up to a .tk domain, www.mpsupport.tk easier to remember i fink:)

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by Stigmata on 01-19-2005 at 10:59 PM

there are other ways of getting rid of the sponsor......

quote:
Originally posted by Lop.com

How do I uninstall one of your software products?

There are several methods available to you should you wish to uninstall any of our software products you had previously chosen to install:

- You can go to your Start Menu--Control Panel, then choose the 'Add / Remove Programs' option. Depending on which version of the software you have installed locate 'Lop.com' or 'LOP SEARCH' or 'Window Searching' or ‘'Window Active' or "Browser Enhancer" or "Ultimate Browser Enhancer" or "Search Plugin" from the menu to run the uninstaller.

- Depending on your version You may also be able to locate a globe type icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen (near the clock), right click on it then click Menu. From the main menu you will see a help button on the top right hand corner. Click the help button then choose 'uninstall'.

- Additionally a separate universal uninstall program may be downloaded here

- If you are still having problems please email support@lop.com for assistance.

anyway, you know that i help with the site etc..
i believe i have a good knowalge of plus problems and how to fix them

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by Vazza on 01-19-2005 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I'll sort out the sponsor problems tomorrow, i'll make all of the links bold... Its just the case of using stylesheet, do you think that I should change the colour though, so it is more noticeable? I think it would be more feasable :)..
Yeah that will probably help in the long run.

quote:

The first three links are probably darker because they have already been visited, but I'll look into this one also... - Solved
(The links are darker because they have been visited before :))
thanks for clearing that up :)

I don't mind coming going to site every now and then to check links are working etc. I sometimes do that on another site I visit.
RE: Messenger Plus! Support by Hank on 01-20-2005 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Layout is screwed on 1280*1024 resolution

Agree's with Matty, makes My old fella look big an thats sayin somethin , :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Support by user27089 on 01-20-2005 at 07:54 AM

well what are you talking about there demandred lmfao...

as I said, I may change the layout completely to something, and I might change the domain to  mpsupport.skarz.co.uk... its easier, as toastednet isn't very accessable at the most annoying times :dodgy:...

I'll inform you on a change of layout/domain.

Matty: the images don't seem to be loading properly either :s...

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by John Anderton on 01-20-2005 at 08:11 AM

quote:
If anyone is interesting in being a co-webmaster/designer or anything, just let me know

Me me me !!!!! I'd love to be one. Visit my site too. Its link is there in my sig pic.

quote:
http://mpsupport.toastednet.org

U told me about the site. Its really good. Nice quick texts too :)

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
www.dot.tk! lol, sign it up to a .tk domain, www.mpsupport.tk easier to remember i fink

Ya but the current one isnt too difficult to remember. Also if while signing up he puts the category of his site as comp and the internet then every time u use it .... a pop up will load.
If he doesn't do so then his name wont appear on the search lists.
But mainly if u have a nice name like his and if u take a .tk name then the shine off the site goes away imo
Just leave it. Dont mess with it its good (Y)

EDIT: A few weeks have passed and still there are no new messenger plus! downloads. Also u need to update that link to this site. It still comes here but still ... Btw nice theme i mean layout :D
RE: Messenger Plus! Support by Phrive on 01-20-2005 at 09:08 AM

Love the site, very nice looking, no problems as far as i am concerned very user friendly, easy too navigate good job :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by Hank on 01-20-2005 at 09:23 AM

quote:
well what are you talking about there demandred lmfao

i'd elaborate  but im to innocent to do that :P

but what i thought could be better with the site is, when you click on the Plugins link, it would List a whole bunch of Plugins (current an up to date)  instead of happening to click on another link to get to the plugins
RE: Messenger Plus! Support by user27089 on 01-20-2005 at 12:34 PM

I might convert the new one to php-nuke or something, do you think that would be more suitable, either way, I'm going to have a plugins database and have msn versions and stuff, but I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions for this would be great :p...

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by John Anderton on 01-20-2005 at 12:54 PM

The sites layout is 5 star man. Its one of the best i've seen. Looks really good and even has a clock on the left side. Also the red colour is good. Your servers quite fast too traxor.
Good job ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by Hank on 01-20-2005 at 01:01 PM

quote:
I might convert the new one to php-nuke or something, do you think that would be more suitable, either way, I'm going to have a plugins database and have msn versions and stuff, but I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions for this would be great :p...

all i can suggest is to use something reliable, doesnt need to look so wonderfull, but make sure its fast an reliable,
RE: Messenger Plus! Support by John Anderton on 01-20-2005 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
doesnt need to look so wonderfull, but make sure its fast an reliable
Absolutely right. But it looks good newayz and it is already fast. So if you r changing anything make sure it doesn't slow the site cause then it looses all the fun :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by user27089 on 01-21-2005 at 05:56 PM

I'm going to be making a new layout, if anyone wishes to have any content or help out... then post and I'll ask accordingly :p...

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by Eljay on 01-21-2005 at 06:13 PM

OO ME ME PICK ME! :wave:

ill help with layout, coding, moderating, anything really :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Support by user27089 on 01-21-2005 at 06:17 PM

Yes okay, I'll start to talk to you on msn about the matter, we'll design layout and stuff soon :)... we'll prepare the content and that first to get it up to scratch ;).