Shoutbox

5.1 surround sound.... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: 5.1 surround sound.... (/showthread.php?tid=37255)

5.1 surround sound.... by Purity on 01-21-2005 at 12:21 AM

I have a cerative 5.1 surround sound system, and music only plays out of the 2 top right satalight speakers, and hte subwoofer(which kicksass) Is there a way to make it so it comes out of all the speakers, worked with my dads computer when he had 4.1 surround sound....

RE: 5.1 surround sound.... by CookieRevised on 01-21-2005 at 12:26 AM

configure your settings in the proper way :D

go to your config panel and click on "sounds and audio equipment" (or something like that; it has the speaker icon)

RE: 5.1 surround sound.... by Purity on 01-21-2005 at 12:30 AM

Forgot to mention, all speakers are playing when I'm playing a game.....

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
configure your settings in the proper way :D

go to your config panel and click on "sounds and audio equipment" (or something like that; it has the speaker icon)
And then what do I do, It's set on 5.1 surround sound speakers, I also tried setting it to Suround sound speakers, bu still bno avail
RE: 5.1 surround sound.... by Hank on 01-21-2005 at 12:39 AM

try this,, DEsktop Stereo Speakers

RE: 5.1 surround sound.... by CookieRevised on 01-21-2005 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket
ah... big detail ;)

well, in that case your config is ok, but you must note that some sounds (eg: normal windows sounds) are only stereo, and thus will only play over 2 channels (left/right).

Unless you have some special drivers for your soundcard which can convert this stereosound to 5.1 sound (meaning, play left channel over all left speakers and right channel over all riht speakers). If you have such drivers and they are capable of doing that, then the config of those is most likely not right. So look into the config of the soundcard drivers (or special programs you might have).
RE: 5.1 surround sound.... by Purity on 01-21-2005 at 03:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket
ah... big detail ;)

well, in that case your config is ok, but you must note that some sounds (eg: normal windows sounds) are only stereo, and thus will only play over 2 channels (left/right).

Unless you have some special drivers for your soundcard which can convert this stereosound to 5.1 sound (meaning, play left channel over all left speakers and right channel over all riht speakers). If you have such drivers and they are capable of doing that, then the config of those is most likely not right. So look into the config of the soundcard drivers (or special programs you might have).
Thanks cookie!
RE: 5.1 surround sound.... by Hank on 01-21-2005 at 04:11 AM

did you try my suggestion?   even though i have a 2 in 1 speakers with Subwoofer + Satelite crap, all works fine off the "Desktop Steroe Speakers" choice

RE: 5.1 surround sound.... by Purity on 01-21-2005 at 04:33 AM

I'm trying it now...
doesn't work....