Shoutbox

msn, automatic sign in,automatic sign out problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn, automatic sign in,automatic sign out problem (/showthread.php?tid=37265)

msn, automatic sign in,automatic sign out problem by tennis on 01-21-2005 at 06:50 AM

I'm running messenger 6.2.
Signing into msn messenger is okay. After a few minutes, it signs itself out automatically, and then after a minute, it signs itself back in, on regular intervals.
What is the problem?
What is causing this?
How do i fix it?
I've tried uninstalling the program, and re- installing it, but still have the same problem.
Currently running 2 computers on a router. One of them is running properly, the other one is having the problem with messenger 6.2.

RE: msn, automatic sign in,automatic sign out problem by RaceProUK on 01-21-2005 at 12:11 PM

Sounds like a connection problem on that PC to me. Check all the cables, ports and stuff to make sure everything is in order.
Let us know if you solve it ;)

RE: msn, automatic sign in,automatic sign out problem by tennis on 01-21-2005 at 11:16 PM

Thanks,but all the connections are okay.
i'm networking with the other computer.when the other computer is turned on,my msn messenger seems to be okay.When the other computer is turned of,i seem to have this problem of messenger signing out,signing in automatically a regular intervals.

RE: msn, automatic sign in,automatic sign out problem by RaceProUK on 01-22-2005 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tennis
When the other computer is turned off, I seem to have this problem
That's because it needs to be on.
RE: msn, automatic sign in,automatic sign out problem by rix on 01-23-2005 at 10:52 AM

Little non-topic, but I had several problems with signing in to .NET Passport when I had old router. After I had bought a new one, it's all okay ;)

If the other computer is sharing the network, then what software you use? And ofcourse, PC should be turned ON, because battery doesn't give enough power to do the given job.

RE: msn, automatic sign in,automatic sign out problem by Stephen on 01-23-2005 at 11:09 AM

Well, this is the same for me. I signed in and it was all ok for about 10 mins and then it just all closed down and tried to sign back in again but it failed, i Exited MSN and re- started it again and it worked fine up till now.

I think it is somthing wrong with the MSN server or somthing like that. :)

RE: msn, automatic sign in,automatic sign out problem by RaceProUK on 01-23-2005 at 01:55 PM

I had problems this morning with signing in, but I think the service was just having one of it's off moments.
As for tennis's problem, yes the other PC needs to be on, due to the way Windows Internet Connection Sharing works (PC -> PC -> Net).