Shoutbox

Question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Question (/showthread.php?tid=37316)

Question by SoM on 01-22-2005 at 01:25 PM

Hello everyone...
I recently d/lded MSN Messenger 7 and for some reason I can't open chat windows by double clicking the nickname of the person... I have to right click + Send Instant Message
I have seen 3 of my friends use MSN 7 in their Computers and seems to work fine.
maybe is cause its still a Beta, or maybe its a fixable problem...
I'm short of time at the moment... so I'm not able to check around the Forums to see if someone else had this problem and got an answer already... I apologize in advance hehe.. just in case

neways... Hope to have solution ... if not ... thanks neways ^^

(Y):D

RE: Question by user27089 on 01-22-2005 at 01:26 PM

Did you download it from the msn messenger site, if not, then you should go there...

Try re-starting msn, if that doesn't work, uninstall msn messenger, then reinstall. If none of this works, then come back here :).

RE: Question by SoM on 01-22-2005 at 01:28 PM

I'll try that... and thanks for the fast reply ;)

RE: Question by Hank on 01-22-2005 at 01:29 PM

Uninstall MSN Messenger 7, then reboot, then go to C:/Program Files/Msn Messenger <-- an delete the msn messenger folder an  then try redownloadfing an installing 7

RE: Question by SoM on 01-22-2005 at 01:48 PM

ok I tried both ... and still... doesn't work
am I supposed to delete anything else ....? cause I un-install and install again and my mail is still there for Auto-Login

RE: Question by Hank on 01-22-2005 at 01:51 PM

mail. have u tried clearing the Cache/ History/Cookies in internet explorer ? , but sign off from Msn Messenger an exit it from system tray b4 u do the rest,

RE: Question by SoM on 01-22-2005 at 02:04 PM

nope... still doesn't work... I gtg for now but keep posting ideas on how I can fix this lil problem please hehe
I'll check them later during the day
Thank u for the help