Shoutbox

eXeem Lite released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: eXeem Lite released (/showthread.php?tid=37368)

eXeem Lite released by segosa on 01-23-2005 at 02:36 PM

Just to let people know that eXeem Lite (eXeem without ad/spyware) has been released.

http://www.exlite.net/

RE: eXeem Lite released by Mike on 01-23-2005 at 02:37 PM

Thank you for telling us Segosa :)

RE: eXeem Lite released by Menthix on 01-23-2005 at 02:54 PM

Just for your information, if eXlite asks you for a serial when you start it, just close that window whit the X. Because eXeem is now in public beta testing you do not need a serial. eXlite is based on eXeem v0.19 which was released before public beta testing started.

eXlite 0.20 should be there in a few days. The 0.19 version crashed on my system three times in a row, i gave up on it :s.

RE: eXeem Lite released by segosa on 01-23-2005 at 03:22 PM

I just tried it on a Virtual Machine, I don't think it's allowed to connect or something, the connection log said it was unable to.. either way, I hate it. Traditional Bittorrent > *

RE: eXeem Lite released by Concord Dawn on 01-23-2005 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
I just tried it on a Virtual Machine, I don't think it's allowed to connect or something, the connection log said it was unable to.. either way, I hate it. Traditional Bittorrent > *

BitLord > BitTorrent
RE: eXeem Lite released by saralk on 01-23-2005 at 04:56 PM

looks pretty cool, a p2p network that searches for torrents, if i understand it right.

also

[Image: attachment.php?pid=367228]

RE: eXeem Lite released by Wabz on 01-23-2005 at 05:26 PM

BitComet > BitTorrent

I only use it to share my work with my friends though. 

Because my Copywrite says its illegal to share music or anything else

RE: eXeem Lite released by segosa on 01-23-2005 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
quote:

BitLord > BitTorrent

No no. I meant the traditional method which is distributing .torrent files, not using some "searching" system eliminating the need for trackers. I did not mean the client. As far as clients are concerned, I use Azureus.
RE: eXeem Lite released by EvilSeph on 01-23-2005 at 10:05 PM

Last I heard, all eXeem Lite clients are banned from the uhh eXeem network ( ? ).

Also, no one is sure whether or not this client is trustworthy or not, just fyi.

RE: eXeem Lite released by andrey on 01-23-2005 at 10:29 PM

quote:
If you know the SN.org team, the thing you really need to worry about (other than spyware/adware) is if they put code in for you to be a DDoS bot. Before they used to load code from their website (ActiveX controls) that would make your computer a zombie for them. They had the largest botnet I've ever seen, they even took down a Level3 backbone with it once.
Taken from some forum, but could be true :dodgy:
RE: eXeem Lite released by WDZ on 01-24-2005 at 02:24 AM

quote:
Just to let people know that eXeem Lite (eXeem without ad/spyware) has been released.
wtf... eXeem has only been out for a short time, and there's already a cracked "lite" version of it?

That's kinda sad... :-/
RE: eXeem Lite released by segosa on 01-24-2005 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
Taken from some forum, but could be true :dodgy:

Please can you give me the link to that...?
RE: eXeem Lite released by Menthix on 01-24-2005 at 07:26 PM

quote:
can you give me the link
http://board.iexbeta.com/index.php?showtopic=5109...=findpost&p=604825

I doubt that. BTW, SN isn't even owner of Exeem anymore. They sold eXeem before it went public to Swarm Systems. Swarm system is also the company who put in the Cydoor spy/adware and not SN.

I guess SN got a bit scared with RIAA/MPAA on their ass and just decided "Let's take the money before anybody sues us". So they sold the whole thing and are probally pretty rich by now :). I can't blame them for that.