Shoutbox

We're all goin to die in the year 2029 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 (/showthread.php?tid=37399)

We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by st0rm on 01-24-2005 at 01:13 AM

haha nah seriously but an interesting read

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/asteroid_risk_041224.html

i in 45 chance

thats the highest an asteroid has ever been predicted.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by .blade// on 01-24-2005 at 01:15 AM

Well we just have to build a Linux based laser :rolleyes: ;)

Seriously, though, that's messed up :dodgy:.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by andrey on 01-24-2005 at 01:26 AM

I'll be 40 when this asteroid reaches us :dodgy:
And what's fucked up is there's currently no way to stop this thing. :dodgy:
Let's hope it misses us :-/

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by dotNorma on 01-24-2005 at 01:28 AM

No , In 2012 :tongue:

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by WDZ on 01-24-2005 at 01:42 AM

Yay, we're all gonna die :banana:

I wouldn't mind dying as long as everyone else dies too. :p :^)

I was watching a show on TV about possible ways to divert an asteroid and stop it from hitting us, and there are some plans in development. Of course, none will be ready within the next few years...

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by leito on 01-24-2005 at 02:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I wouldn't mind dying as long as everyone else dies too.

hahahaha, you are bad!! :rofl:
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by gnownoskcid on 01-24-2005 at 03:26 AM

April 13, 2029 is a Friday (friday 13th?) this is probably a sick joke

and im still alive w00t :banana:

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by .blade// on 01-24-2005 at 03:28 AM

IMO this is just another Y2k thing. We're going to worry, prepare for doom, sell all our stuff and then it will miss earth buy like 40000000 light years and the scientists will be like "Whoops *-)"...

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by MC.POP on 01-24-2005 at 03:32 AM

umm this asteroid thing doesnt reallly make sense each time scientists say sth about an asteroid hitting earth was like in 2000 and it missed in i dont know how many light years, so i dont think this thing is going to happen

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by L. Coyote on 01-24-2005 at 03:34 AM

:dodgy:

There is actually little chance that it will hit Earth. Even if it does, it won't be so drastic. Of course, it'll probably kill many people, but not the entire human race.

Also, I agree with WDZ. :rofl:

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by MC.POP on 01-24-2005 at 03:35 AM

and on top off al that some asteroids burn when it is on its way down to earth and split into million of pieces so think about that too.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by .blade// on 01-24-2005 at 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
and on top off al that some asteroids burn when it is on its way down to earth and split into million of pieces so think about that too.

If it's big enough that won't happen.
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by MC.POP on 01-24-2005 at 03:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP

If it's big enough that won't happen.

well most of the big steroids dont come near earth cz other planets take them into their orbit by their gravitational pull. so i dont think this one is going to be a big one,
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Hank on 01-24-2005 at 03:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
Let's hope it misses us

Bin laden will get to the US before any asteriod gets to the US :P
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Joe on 01-24-2005 at 03:49 AM

What.... i don't want a Hemmorhiod when I'm 40 :'(

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by kao on 01-24-2005 at 04:13 AM

im with dz, couldnt care less about dying if everyone else dies, not like anyones going to miss me :P

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 05:16 AM

everybody should think positive :cheesy:

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by L. Coyote on 01-24-2005 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
everybody should think positive :cheesy:
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! THERE'S NO HOPE!!! :'( YOU HEAR THAT??? HOW CAN I THINK POSITIVE???

OMG, WE'LL DIEDIEDIE!!!!111oneone1~unouno

* L. Coyote clears his throat.

Ahem, you were saying? (A)
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 05:35 AM

im saying that if this has happened before it will probably just be another fake, anyway, if it aint hitting australia i aint worried

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Pyroteq on 01-24-2005 at 05:37 AM

An asteroid hit off the coast at Harrington here last year, it made a huge thud and you could hear it from 50km away, truck drivers saw a large burning light in the sky and apparently it was almost 1km wide when it hit the atmosphere, but by the time it reached the sea (about 200m offshore) it was the size of a large rock..

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
An asteroid hit off the coast at Harrington here last year, it made a huge thud and you could hear it from 50km away, truck drivers saw a large burning light in the sky and apparently it was almost 1km wide when it hit the atmosphere, but by the time it reached the sea (about 200m offshore) it was the size of a large rock..

wow, im guessin it burnt up alot then, the only thing lately that i know of was a meteor crashing into an island of the coast
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by WDZ on 01-24-2005 at 05:42 AM

quote:
anyway, if it aint hitting australia i aint worried
I think that if it's big enough, it doesn't matter where it hits. The dust and debris thrown up by the impact will go into the atmosphere and block the sun, causing worldwide repercussions. And there would probably be earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. :-/
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 05:44 AM

WDZ i think ur gettin just a tad dramatic

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Hank on 01-24-2005 at 06:01 AM

WDZ is somewhat correct on the  Debris etc , but Australia it getitng here is like  1/100 chances reaching thi for :)  but again wh0 knows, Australia isnt as small as you might think

quote:

ofcourse its not small, but its not huge either

true it aint huge, biut if  Boat people can get accross to Australia without being spotted surely something could happen if an Earthquake or whatnot else were to happen could reach to Australia
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 06:10 AM

ofcourse it would affect australia still, when the tsunami hit i was on holidays and a family was taken out to sea where i was staying due to high rising tide (freaky considerin i was there the day before)

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Hank on 01-24-2005 at 06:13 AM

true it would of been ;, ur lucky you didnt stay there

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 06:14 AM

true, i left just the day before and i was in the exact same place they were when they were taken out (fishing is hard)

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Hank on 01-24-2005 at 06:19 AM

yeah .. well ur lucky, some of us are lucky :)

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 06:22 AM

was anybody from the forum in the tsunami??

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Hank on 01-24-2005 at 06:28 AM

doesnt look like it :) 

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 06:29 AM

anyway back to the topic of DOOM

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by andrey on 01-24-2005 at 06:39 AM

Yes, back on topic.
Now let's get some facts on this:

IF the meteroid (it's called "2004 MN4" btw) would hit the earth in 2029, it would probably hit us with roughly 15 km/s (54000 km/h or 33554 mph). And, according to NASA, this would be equivalent to 1480 megatons of TNT, which is 114,000 times the energy of the Hiroshima bomb !

Althouh the effects of such an impact would vary, depending on the location of impact and the angle, it would destroy an area of thousands of square kilometers but wouldn't cause an impact winter or any long lasting, global effects.

And in the end, the estimated probability of hitting the earth is just 0.004 to 2.4 percent. :happy:

Let's keep our fingers crossed and enjoy our lives as long as we can :wink:

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 06:46 AM

i like those odds :D

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by user27089 on 01-24-2005 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Same here...
RE: RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by st0rm on 01-24-2005 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I wouldn't mind dying as long as everyone else dies too. :p :^)

i 2nd that!
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 12:44 PM

i would mind :(, but then again i have issues when it comes to topics like this :P

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by John Anderton on 01-24-2005 at 12:53 PM

On the bright side ill atleast get to celebrate my 42nd b'day :dodgy:
Where is bruce willis when u need him. Time for armmegeddon 2 :D

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Wabz on 01-24-2005 at 02:24 PM

We're always hearing news like this, once twice a year.  I personally think it isn't worth bothering about.  We couldnt do nothing 200 years ago when we couldnt see them /knew they existed.  And nothing went wrong.  so why bother now

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by .blade// on 01-24-2005 at 02:27 PM

$10 says they try to stop it and instead change it's course to directly at earth :rolleyes: :P.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 01-24-2005 at 02:32 PM

Good point Wabz, although i was reading somewhere that the world really is coming to an end.

quote:
Originally posted by Different Forums

You know, in the book of Revelations, it talks about the end of the world and how it is going to occur. The great philosopher who talked of the Twin Towers seemed to be true about his subject. Well its a chain reaction. Ill get to that in a minute. In the book of Revelations in the Bible, they talk about the world coming to an end due to great natural disasters and thousands of combined war.

This is my theory. The twin tower theory was correct, that started a war, now that the first war has started, there have been different wars started and even threats from other continents. Following this, Hurricane Ivan strikes Florida as a Category 4 Hurricane. Many people died in this storm. I live right in where the worst part of the storm hit, and believe me it was'nt fun. The next thing that happens is the great Tsunami that killed over 180,000 people. That is ALOT of people. What next ? Hurricane after hurricane have hit Floridas coast constantly injuring people. The ozone layer is depleting, and the Tsunami was a great example. Technology is getting so great, that I believe the human society is going to destroy its self from it. My point is that the book of Revelations is starting to begin what it was written for.

and
quote:
Originally posted by Foreign Forums

Sheeple of former chrstian countries accepted the mark of the beast
Halloween 2004 - last hours before almost all Americans accept to carry the mark
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread93255/pg1

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Plik on 01-24-2005 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
$10 says they try to stop it and instead change it's course to directly at earth :rolleyes: :P.
Depends which contarys in charge of trying to stop it :p
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 02:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
Good point Wabz, although i was reading somewhere that the world really is coming to an end.

quote:

You know, in the book of Revelations, it talks about the end of the world and how it is going to occur. The great philosopher who talked of the Twin Towers seemed to be true about his subject. Well its a chain reaction. Ill get to that in a minute. In the book of Revelations in the Bible, they talk about the world coming to an end due to great natural disasters and thousands of combined war.

This is my theory. The twin tower theory was correct, that started a war, now that the first war has started, there have been different wars started and even threats from other continents. Following this, Hurricane Ivan strikes Florida as a Category 4 Hurricane. Many people died in this storm. I live right in where the worst part of the storm hit, and believe me it was'nt fun. The next thing that happens is the great Tsunami that killed over 180,000 people. That is ALOT of people. What next ? Hurricane after hurricane have hit Floridas coast constantly injuring people. The ozone layer is depleting, and the Tsunami was a great example. Technology is getting so great, that I believe the human society is going to destroy its self from it. My point is that the book of Revelations is starting to begin what it was written for.

and
quote:

Halloween 2004 - last hours before almost all Americans accept to carry the mark

eeerrr, no offense, but i really dont like that theory and personally dont believe it
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by andrey on 01-24-2005 at 02:36 PM

quote:

quote:

and
quote:

:rofl: sry, but this is pure bullshit :rofl:

The philosopher they are talking about is probably Nostradamus, everyone knows he wrote in such unclear phrases that they could apply to anything.
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 02:40 PM

THANKYOU ANDREY:clap::bow:

RE: RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 01-24-2005 at 02:41 PM

quote:
quote:

quote:

and
quote:

:rofl: sry, but this is pure bullshit :rofl:

The philosopher they are talking about if probably Nostradamus, everyone knows he wrote in such unclear phrases that they could apply to anything.

dont remember asking for your opinion, get inline.  :P

and i was just enlightining everyone about how they will all die soon :refuck:

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 02:43 PM

and we all feel so much better now, thankyou for that apocalyptic information

RE: RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 01-24-2005 at 02:46 PM

quote:
and we all feel so much better now, thankyou for that apocalyptic information

no problem :cheesy:

lol, anywhere i dont remember saying i believed it. im just telling everyone about it.
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 02:49 PM

back then people would have seen electricity and gone "ITS THE END OF THE WORLD"

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by L. Coyote on 01-24-2005 at 04:31 PM

Bah, I don't believe in the religious stuff. And Nostradamus? :rofl: I second what andrey said. :P

But I do believe we'll end up heating the Earth so much, it'll be impossible to live in the open air, and we'll end up living on the underground! (H)

Gotta love futuristic movies! :D

RE: RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 01-24-2005 at 04:36 PM

quote:
back then people would have seen electricity and gone "ITS THE END OF THE WORLD"

^o), back when, where did this come from?
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 04:37 PM

im guessin that your a sci-fi fan

edit:to ash, back when nostradamous was around or whatever, electricity was probably already around and im just being a dumbass

RE: RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 01-24-2005 at 04:42 PM

quote:
im guessin that your a sci-fi fan

edit:to traxor, back when nostradamous was around or whatever, electricity was probably already around and im just being a dumbass

ahh ok, i really should learn to keep up :P
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by WDZ on 01-24-2005 at 04:42 PM

quote:
back when
Nostradamus lived from 1503 until 1566. :p
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Stigmata on 01-24-2005 at 04:51 PM

umm guys 6 pages, and am i the only person who realise that he put

quote:
i in 45 chance

i in 45 chance??

1 in 45 chance u mean.

hmmm, does this always seem to happen, blah, well the pyamids say we will die in 2006.. so this asteroid wont matter a little bit. :)
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 04:53 PM

i noticed the i aswell

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Anubis on 01-24-2005 at 04:58 PM

I saw this movie, it hits Paris...
And If it happens, it happens...That's what I'm sticking with :D

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 05:13 PM

your very down to reality, thats what my mum always ses :P, " if it happens it happens"

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by _Humphreys on 01-24-2005 at 05:14 PM

Wether it will hit us or not all I can say is...live life to the full. :D

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-24-2005 at 05:16 PM

you cant exactly live it to the full when it gets cut of half way :dodgy: :P

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by _Humphreys on 01-24-2005 at 05:24 PM

Yes you can...cause if it ends then you have lived out your life.:^)

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Salma92 on 01-24-2005 at 06:40 PM

It has a big chance on missing,  "And even as it stands with present knowledge, the chances are 97.8 percent the rock will miss Earth." And even if it doesn't miss,  some of us Are happy wit it such as WDZ & Leo, I also agree with WDZ
[Image: banana_freaky.gif]

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Jhrono on 01-24-2005 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
if i die i'll stick around to :
-My family

All the rest is useless...
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by spokes on 01-24-2005 at 09:13 PM

2006 accordin to 'bible code' :worry:

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Jhrono on 01-24-2005 at 09:19 PM

cmon dont mess up:S...ur to slow...nothing is going to happen...if it does...the only thing we normal humans with no international political or military power is to stay at home...

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-25-2005 at 04:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by spokes
2006 accordin to 'bible code' :worry:

what
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by FrozernFire on 01-26-2005 at 10:09 AM

75% chance that it will hit a ocean if it hits earth, going by the fact that 75% of earth's surface is covered by water. but think of the tsunami :dodgy:

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by baggiou on 01-27-2005 at 02:23 PM

lol who is here to die in year  2026  so if you  have to die in this year bye i saw this on someone´s forum so i decided to copy and anounce it out here lol yep i want to have stars

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-27-2005 at 02:55 PM

what are you on about??

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Tasha on 01-28-2005 at 12:07 PM

I don't wanna believe we are all gonna die so soon. :'( I don't think we will though.

* Tasha crosses her fingers.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 01-28-2005 at 12:10 PM

can we close this depressing thread:(:(:(

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by ripdown on 01-28-2005 at 10:10 PM

well i will go on the opposite side of the planet when i hear about that happening :P hope it hits George Bush :P

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by andrey on 02-04-2005 at 05:25 PM

Hm...time to post some updates...

Good news :happy:
Recent, more accurate NASA observations at the Arecibo Observatory have shown that the asteroid (2004 MN4) will reach the Earth on April 13 2029, but will miss it by approx. 30.000 km (18.641 miles).
When the asteroid passes the earth, it can be seen with the naked eye, moving at 42° per hour.
An Earth or moon collision in 2029 is still ruled out.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 03:47 AM

OMG THATS GREAT NEWS, THANKYOU

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Weyzza on 02-05-2005 at 04:32 AM

Complete news:
http://www.space.com/spacewatch/050204_2004_mn4.html

Had the asteroid hit the Earth, I would not worry a little bit.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by FrozernFire on 02-05-2005 at 05:53 AM

i am on the wrong side of asia :(

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Hank on 02-05-2005 at 05:55 AM

what side is that?

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by *Saint* on 02-05-2005 at 05:56 AM

how can you be on the wrong side if

quote:

will miss it by approx. 30.000 km (18.641 miles).
Earth or moon collision in 2029 is still ruled out.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by ranicx on 02-05-2005 at 07:13 AM

cant see what ppl where all worryed about, it was like a 1.5% chance of happening in the first place, lol..

quote:
On October 9, 1992, a large fireball was seen streaking over the eastern United States, finally exploding into many pieces. In Peekskill, New York, one of the pieces struck a Chevrolet automobile owned by Michelle Knapp. Knapp was not in the car at the time, but heard the crash and ran out to her driveway to find a hole punched clear through the trunk of her car and a warm 26-pound (12-kilogram) meteorite lying under the vehicle. But things turned out well in the end -- her old and rather run-down automobile instantly became a collector’s item and later sold for tens of thousands of dollars.

damn it, y cant that happen to my heap of a car
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 02-05-2005 at 07:40 AM

i dont give a flying hoot what you all say. try and own me if you want.

I Believe the world _is_ going to end soon.

Nostradamus said the World will end in 1999 (what is 30  years anyway).

some Joan girl who predicted the President will get assasinated in the 60's (which proved to be correct) said the world would in the 80's. and the Lady in the 1500's who correctly predicted the Nazi/Hitler campaign. and the Kings of france Death time ssay's the world would end in 1993.

considering we've _humans_ have been alive for over 12k years i believe 10-30years off is not many at all.

as far as i can remeber the Mayans of 250bc predicted the world would end around this time aswell.

im gonna wait for CookieRevised to approve/dissaprove some of these texts though. (He knows all :P)

these are all from an 'The Worlds Secrets' book i have at my dads house. the only thing not frm that book is the Mayan prediction which we are learning about in School (dont know if its 100% correct though).

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 08:19 AM

thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard :P, i hope cookie revised does come around and prove it wrong :P, im just glad we wont get hit,i believe in scientific proof, not psychics that predict doom

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by *Saint* on 02-05-2005 at 08:21 AM

ya how many psychics said that we will live long and be happy
there all so negative

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 02-05-2005 at 08:27 AM

and whats the Scientific explanation of Black Holes.

Psychics means nothing when blakc holes are mentioned.

a black hole can be the size of a tennis ball, and it may way 10 _million_ tons, Time is also owned by black holes

a human getting sucked through a black hole will be out the otherside (whever that may be, another galaxy/dimension or maybe even time frame), anyway that persons image will be on the black holes for over a million years.

If a black holes gets big enough. it may even 'Suck' the world up. we would all be anihilated. or even go back in time.

and Internal Combustion. Scientists have no proof of how people can simply be light on fire from inside.

Science doesent have explanations for everything.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 08:31 AM

i know that, btw i dont like to talk bout black holes, there hell freaky :$

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by user27089 on 02-05-2005 at 08:32 AM

black holes are mere theories, they could have complete paradise in them...

They are real, just don't know precisely what. they are?

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 08:34 AM

thats true, i mean photographs from satelites are all that people have

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Weyzza on 02-05-2005 at 08:35 AM

Go back in time?

You made a good point about the size and the mass of black hole, but you forgot one important thing.
Because of the tiny size and enermous mass of a black hole, the gravity of it becomes greater too.

Before your body reaches the surface of the black hole, your body has been disintegrated into pieces.

Time traveling through a black hole is only a speculation, not a theory.

RE: RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 02-05-2005 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
black holes are mere theories, they could have complete paradise in them...

quote:

could

i rest my case (i always wanted to say that :P)

no one knows whats in them. i would go in one. if there were a black hole right here, i would jump in. even if it means dieing a cruel death.

Internal Combustion isnt just a theory. people _have_ _seen_ it happen, sometimes the victims clotes arnt even singed, wheres science now, huh. run away when it gets a little hard huh?

and im dieing in the year 2029. just to prove this thread wrong, ill cut myslef :P

¬¬ joking by the way, no one quote me on this.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by user27089 on 02-05-2005 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
Before your body reaches the surface of the black hole, your body has been disintegrated into pieces.

How do we know, proof, no, I could come out with a 'theory' and people may believe it, possibly, einstein has gone down in history because of a theory, so has Stephen Hawking, he even admitted that some of his theory's were wrong... they can only speculate, it may be true, but it may not be.
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Weyzza on 02-05-2005 at 08:43 AM

quote:
quote:

How do we know, proof, no, I could come out with a 'theory' and people may believe it, possibly, einstein has gone down in history because of a theory, so has Stephen Hawking, he even admitted that some of his theory's were wrong... they can only speculate, it may be true, but it may not be.
That's simply because of the gravity, which all scientists say, can prevent light from going out from the surface.
Just imagine your body being stretched like you stretch a rubber band.

Oh well, at least we agree that balck hole is only a theory.
RE: RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 02-05-2005 at 08:47 AM

quote:
Go back in time?

You made a good point about the size and the mass of black hole, but you forgot one important thing.
Because of the tiny size and enermous mass of a black hole, the gravity of it becomes greater too.

quote:

Have you been?

quote:

isnt eveything about black holes just speculation, because No one has ever entered a black holes, there _may_ have been one case i missed but he didnt come back alive, whats saying it isnt possible though, time travel i mean.

and i dont believe in the 'Big Bang' theory, i believe that the Gravity pull of the Black Holes 'sucking' effect keeps planets in order. it may be farfetched but it is perfectally acceptable.

edit: no current proof of black holes exists but the one and only Stephen Hawkings agree's that they do exist.

and no one has ever entered one.
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 08:49 AM

i agree with your disbelief of the big bang, it always seemed stupid to me :dodgy:

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by user27089 on 02-05-2005 at 08:49 AM

I agree with everything ash said, the mystery of times and space, it will always be a MYSTERY.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Weyzza on 02-05-2005 at 08:58 AM

quote:
Have you been?
Ow, you've been there? :tongue:
quote:
there _may_ have been one case i missed but he didnt come back alive, whats saying it isnt possible though, time travel i mean.
:huh:
What are you trying to say?
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 02-05-2005 at 09:00 AM

lol, i havent been, no. but if i see one i definately would go inside. even if it means death.

and the second thing, dont worry. i didnt know if anyone had actually been sucked into one. but it turns out no one has, or even have proof they exist.

Stephen Hawkings thinks they do though.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 09:00 AM

what he's saying is that nobody has ever been near a black hole, and it isnt completely impossible to travel time, i once bought this magazine saying that they may be able to tear the fabric of time, so i assume that its not completely impossible

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Weyzza on 02-05-2005 at 09:08 AM

quote:
lol, i havent been, no. but if i see one i definately would go inside. even if it means death.
Yeah, if that's true, that would be the sickest thing that humans ever do: doing tons of research of buliding a multizillion-dollar-light-speed spacecraft to go to the nearest black hole, which lies 1600 light years from Earth, to get nothing.
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 09:18 AM

bye the time they finished building it, technologie would have been able to make it pilotable from earth with a screen to see whats infront of it:P

RE: RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 02-05-2005 at 09:29 AM

quote:
quote:
Yeah, if that's true, that would be the sickest thing that humans ever do: doing tons of research of buliding a multizillion-dollar-light-speed spacecraft to go to the nearest black hole, which lies 1600 light years from Earth, to get nothing.

dude, no special contraptions.

me, a helmat so i can breath (because we'd be in space) and i'd just float towards it until it sucked me in.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by John Anderton on 02-05-2005 at 09:39 AM

quote:
me, a helmat so i can breath (because we'd be in space) and i'd just float towards it until it sucked me in.

U'd need to find one first :P
What bout an oxygen tank :P:P:P
Newayz i hope to go into such a field of science but seats are limited. :@ When i make my theories of descoveries i'll remeber to post em in this thread and if this thread's been deleted then i'll make a new one :P
quote:
Stephen Hawkings thinks they do though.
Ya but none have been found. Also recently his theories have been prove incorrect. There was a man who lives 7 kms away from where i do rite now. He has been saying for 13 years that the theories had a flaw but no one listened to him.
I also dont understand one thing about his theory. If black holes attract every thing including light and never let them out the all the mass that it sucks in will be converted to energy but it cant store infinite amount of energy and neither can it destroy it. So where does it go ??? :S This is what i thought over one day and have read it no where. So if any of ya'll know about this then plz tell me :D

I heard that there is a period of time after which slowly the black hole will start to release energy. Did ya'll hear something like this ?
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 09:41 AM

i heard something about that aswell *-)

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Ash_ on 02-05-2005 at 09:43 AM

i have heard about the energy, i dont know where it goes though. i personally doubt it releases, because it always has gravitational pull, meaning the engery would get stuck  causing an infinite loop.

i believe they lead to another realm. they may be openings to another galaxy, creating trade routes for _**posible**_ inteligent life on planets we havent found yet.

you never know.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 09:46 AM

what you just said makes black holes sound like portals for "other life" to travel through space

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Weyzza on 02-05-2005 at 09:47 AM

quote:
And traveling 15,137,280,000,000 km?
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
If black holes attract every thing including light and never let them out the all the mass that it sucks in will be converted to energy but it cant store infinite amount of energy and neither can it destroy it. So where does it go ??? :S This is what i thought over one day and have read it no where. So if any of ya'll know about this then plz tell me :D
I just want to make you more confused.
Assuming the theory is true, how come the fastest thing in the universe cannot get out from surface of a black hole?
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I heard that there is a period of time after which slowly the black hole will start to release energy. Did ya'll hear something like this ?
Yeah, I heard that before.

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 09:53 AM

true, the space craft would have to be really fast to go so long or you would live the rest of your life on the craft

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by John Anderton on 02-05-2005 at 10:03 AM

quote:
I just want to make you more confused.
Assuming the theory is true, how come the fastest thing in the universe cannot get out from surface of a black hole?

Thats what i am saying.
My theory (Well thinking actually but that sounds better :O) is
That the blackhole has infinite gravity so it converts all the mass into energy. We know about lights dual nature (particulate and wave motion, given by Prince Louis-Victor de Broglie and hence light has a de broglie wave) So i feel that all the mass is also converted into energy. But the point is that the black hole is a self imploded star so does it have mass ?? If it does it can store energy else i dont know how it keeps the energy. I'll need to think a bit more.

So even light having velocity of 3 x 10 ^8 m/s ie 30,00,00,000 m/s or 3 hundred thousand km/s is pulled into the blackhole due to its infinite gravity.

I havent read stephen hawking's book though i planned to do so last may and well now i'll get time in this may so i'll buy one book costing 1.5 USD (2nd hand book :D) then i'll be more sure.
The only books i have read except for my academics in my life are all 5 harry potter books and the 22 volume set of the world book of encyclopidia. So i'd love to read "A Brief History Of Time"

EDIT:
quote:
what you just said makes black holes sound like portals for "other life" to travel through space
Thats an idea from a movie. Newayz there is the worm hole theory u might know. I'll explain it in brief.
All of us have learnt atleast a bit of geometry and all of us know that the shortest distance between two points is the direct distance between them.
Consider a paper. Take 2 points at their ends. So if i ask u to show me the shortest distance between the points then u'll draw a straight line between them. That would usually be correct but there is a shorter way. The answer there is bend the hole paper and make a hole through the paper with your pen/pencil. Now thats the shortest distance. So that is called as a wormhole. There is no theory to say that such a thing does exist. It is totally hypothetical well not even hypothetical its only in sci-fi and in the past few years some scientists believe (well more of hope than belief) that wormholes exist. Cause they will help u travel through space in extremely short time periods. Well some even believe that u could travel through time as well but then it will be really dodgy :dodgy:.
Lets see what happens :D I saw the paper analogy on the discovery channel but came up with the geometrical part right now ;)
RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by user27089 on 02-05-2005 at 10:33 AM

[Image: yourthread.jpg]

this is BS

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by John Anderton on 02-05-2005 at 11:01 AM

Edited my thread above to add wormhole theory in reply to violet's post.

quote:
this is BS
If it means what i think it does then :dodgy: :@

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 11:27 AM

settle down you two, everybodys entitled to there space talk:P

RE: We're all goin to die in the year 2029 by Fredzz on 02-05-2005 at 10:33 PM

death is psicologic