Shoutbox

A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 (/showthread.php?tid=37432)

A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Ahmad on 01-24-2005 at 07:31 PM

I don't know why I didn't post my patch on these forums earlier, but hey, better late than never :)

Also, I'd really appreciate any constructive criticism, comments, or suggestions for new features, etc, etc...

It's easier for me if you post the above ^ requests on My MSN Space, but if you're unable to do that, just post in this thread :)

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425   

The "A. Patch" is a patch designed to lighten your MSN Messenger experience. Currently it is in the BETA phase, therefore please report any bugs that you find on My MSN Space. Or alternatively, post it in this thread. Be sure to read the troubleshooting questions and answers before you post a bug.

Features:
  - Remove BOTH Ad Banners
  - Remove unnecessary Winks/Nudge and Themes buttons
  - Remove BETA Tags
  - Remove MSN Today

- Enable Polygamy
  - Enable setting offline status from the systray
  - Enable Idle User status

and much, much more!

Compatibility: Windows 9x, WinNT, Windows 2000, Windows XP

Visit the A-Patch Official Website.

(download link on the right column of the website)

Downloads: Over 2500 so far..

Note: Patching MSN Messenger infringes Microsoft's Terms of Use. Downloading and installing this software is your own rational choice and I am not responsible in any way.

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by user27089 on 01-24-2005 at 07:58 PM

It seems really cool :) Well done :)...

* user27089 downloads :)...

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Sunshine on 01-24-2005 at 09:37 PM

Hey Ahmad, nice to see you found your way to these forums :D

Your patch has been refered to several times already see:
RE: Two Things! 'Click here to..' & Wont go in screen corner!
RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger'

Well done (Y)

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Ahmad on 01-24-2005 at 11:41 PM

Thanks traxor, Sunshine.. I actually came across those 2 threads, and thought, hey! I should officialy introduce the A-Patch to the forum :P

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Concord Dawn on 01-25-2005 at 02:36 AM

This sounds very similar to the Mess Patch on Mess.be. Except for the fact that the Mess Patch installs a few other things, such as custom games.

RE: RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Ahmad on 01-25-2005 at 02:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
This sounds very similar to the Mess Patch on Mess.be. Except for the fact that the Mess Patch installs a few other things, such as custom games.

And this patch removes a few other things. I didn't make it as competition.

Please, if you have something to say that isn't constructive or encouraging, please don't post in this thread.

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Concord Dawn on 01-25-2005 at 03:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmz_055
And this patch removes a few other things. I didn't make it as competition.

Please, if you have something to say that isn't constructive or encouraging, please don't post in this thread.

That is constructive. It's saying that you sound like you've just ripped off Mess.be, and you responded by saying that you didn't make it for competition. It answered my question and I'm sure at least one other person would like to be assured that you aren't ripping off Mess.be.

Anyways, this patch sounds cool. What about doing some as visual stuff, such as skins? Would be neat if you also built in a skin changer, so it would be easier to change the skin.
RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Flames on 01-25-2005 at 04:48 AM

ahmz, nicely done! great patch-ii love it!
i like it, it removes 2 ads! i just need one patch to patch everything i wanted! thx again

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by John Anderton on 01-25-2005 at 07:48 AM

Good work dude. Seems good. I'm getting it :D
[Image: 5stars.gif] (Y)

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Abz2k4 on 01-25-2005 at 07:55 AM

Im sure your patch is great and stuff, but why should people download your patch rather than the popular Mess Patch? as they are very similar.

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Ahmad on 01-25-2005 at 10:08 AM

quote:
That is constructive. It's saying that you sound like you've just ripped off Mess.be, and you responded by saying that you didn't make it for competition. It answered my question and I'm sure at least one other person would like to be assured that you aren't ripping off Mess.be.

As for me "ripping Mess.be", it was the Mess.be forums that helped me and encouraged me to make this patch. And they have even listed it in a pinned announcement topic on their forum: http://forum.mess.be/index.php?act=announce&f=25&id=6

quote:
Originally posted by Abz2k4
Im sure your patch is great and stuff, but why should people download your patch rather than the popular Mess Patch? as they are very similar.

It removes the Winks Button, the Themes/Packs button, Nudge button, Activities button, Color button, MSN Logo, the "What's Hot" section in the drop down emoticon list.

It properly removes the "Click here to customize MSN Messenger" Ad bar. I also posted my method on the Mess.be forums on how to remove it properly, I'm surprised they haven't used it to fix that bug in the Mess Patch.

Over 2500 people have downloaded my patch so far so I guess they wanted to get rid of that stuff.

Why do people here post negative comments and try to bring others down? Not a very nice welcome to the MsgPlus! forums :^) If you don't want to download or use my patch, then by all means, don't! But I don't need to hear about it :)

And thanks for the thanks/encouragement/welcome from the others that posted :)
RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Millenium_edition on 01-25-2005 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Why do people here post negative comments and try to bring others down? Not a very nice welcome to the MsgPlus! forums If you don't want to download or use my patch, then by all means, don't! But I don't need to hear about it
did we? we all think your patch is great. if you could add the other messpatch features, i'm pretty sure it'd be MUCH, MUCH popular. why don't you at least give it a try ;) ?

other than that i can assure you i've always loved this patch.
RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Ahmad on 01-25-2005 at 12:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
did we? we all think your patch is great. if you could add the other messpatch features, i'm pretty sure it'd be MUCH, MUCH popular. why don't you at least give it a try ;) ?

other than that i can assure you i've always loved this patch.
Thanks :) I was thinking of adding Custom Games, mooodi told me that I should speak to Daniel from msnfanatic.com ... I haven't got around to it yet.
RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by giken on 01-25-2005 at 12:22 PM

please add all mess.be patch features you're missing and a description to explain in which way they modify messenger...
also add if you can:

- Idle status patch for all messenger languages (not english only)

- "user is typing a message" patch

- the ability to patch already patched messenger so I can apply mess.be patch for some features and then yours (for example yours plus mess.be for custom games patch, polygamy etc etc)

Any release date?

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Sunshine on 01-25-2005 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Thanks traxor, Sunshine.. I actually came across those 2 threads, and thought, hey! I should officialy introduce the A-Patch to the forum :P
Cool :D
Welcome to these forums, you will find many programmers and skinners onhere and ofcourse Patchou himself (it is afterall The Official Forum for Msg Plus!). I hope you'll feel at home here, like many of us do. Good luck with your programming.
RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by mandorallen on 01-25-2005 at 12:46 PM

I have installed your patch and it's excellent.

Good work and thanks.

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by M73A on 01-25-2005 at 01:39 PM

im loving this patch, the only reason i didnt use msn7 was because of the ugly adbanner in the conversatiopn windows....but now dats gone it look fyn(Y)

gr8 work!!!:clap:

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Concord Dawn on 01-25-2005 at 01:54 PM

You should also mention that most of those patches are illegal. They edit MSN resources (the .dll and the .exe), which is illegal under the license agreement.

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Ahmad on 01-25-2005 at 02:05 PM

quote:
You should also mention that most of those patches are illegal. They edit MSN resources (the .dll and the .exe), which is illegal under the license agreement.
Ok thanks for the advice :)
RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by D_only_1 on 01-26-2005 at 02:37 PM

Just a few questions: is there an option in what to remove, or does it remove everything you mention? I would like to remove just the ads, notinhg more. Is it possible?

RE: A. Patch for MSN Messenger v7.0.0425 by Ahmad on 01-26-2005 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D_only_1
Just a few questions: is there an option in what to remove, or does it remove everything you mention? I would like to remove just the ads, notinhg more. Is it possible?
Yes, you can choose what you would like to remove.