Shoutbox

Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data (/showthread.php?tid=37439)

Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by saralk on 01-24-2005 at 09:52 PM

quote:
FUKUSHIMA -- A woman in her 30s who illegally used her boyfriend's online username and password to access an Internet game and delete his game data faces charges, police said.

Police reported the woman, of Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture, to the Fukushima District Public Prosecutors Office accusing her of violating a law banning illegal access. She has apparently admitted to the allegations against her.

"I did it as revenge for breaking up with me," police quoted her as saying.

The man, who is in his 20s, did not suffer financially because of the woman's actions, but she deleted items such as weapons and clothes that he had spent time collecting in the game.

Investigators said the woman accessed the online role-playing game "Lineage" using the man's username and password in about April last year.

"Lineage" is an adventure game in which players fight enemies with characters such as knights and magicians. Players can type messages to each other while they are playing the game, and can have their characters team up.

The woman and the man reportedly met each other through the game in the autumn of 2003, and started a relationship, actually meeting each other, but they soon broke up, police said.

"Lineage" is operated by a company in the Tokyo Metropolitan area. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Jan. 20, 2005)

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by Purity on 01-24-2005 at 10:00 PM

Well, I'd be pissed off too, When I use to play Perfect Dark, after like 3 months of gameplay it would automatically delete it self.:|
I was so far on that game!

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by paperless on 01-24-2005 at 10:26 PM

ROFL AHAHAHAH :lol: i owuld get very pissed off but no need to waste time in court... :dodgy: i owuld ask her to pay me all the motnly fees i would have payed while i was collecting these items though

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by Purity on 01-24-2005 at 10:54 PM

I'd prolly make her Get all the items and stuff back.:P

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by dotNorma on 01-24-2005 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket
Well, I'd be pissed off too, When I use to play Perfect Dark, after like 3 months of gameplay it would automatically delete it self.:|
I was so far on that game!

That was the ultimate game of all ultimate-ness :grin:
RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by Purity on 01-24-2005 at 10:59 PM

I know, I think there should be a sequal:P, acept on Xbox.

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by Concord Dawn on 01-25-2005 at 04:06 AM

I'd sue her for the monthly fees.

Or I'd keep my password a secret. :P

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by Purity on 01-25-2005 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Or I'd keep my password a secret.
Amen!
RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by M73A on 01-25-2005 at 12:57 PM

y wud his gf need to know his passwrd for an online game ^o)...weird, sounds like the diablo games aswell

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by user27089 on 01-25-2005 at 01:54 PM

That is the lamest thing I've ever heard in my life, to be honest, they both must have been losers :-/...

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by Concord Dawn on 01-25-2005 at 01:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
That is the lamest thing I've ever heard in my life, to be honest, they both must have been losers :-/...

Agreed!
RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by Millenium_edition on 01-25-2005 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Agreed!
agreed too... :-/ it's just fucking lame to go sue someone over an online RPG >.<
RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by user27089 on 01-25-2005 at 02:05 PM

No, I think the whole thing is lame, from how they met to the court case...

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by Wabz on 01-25-2005 at 03:37 PM

Passwords are supposed to be secret.  My own mother doesn't even know mine.  To be honest even I dont know some of my passwords :P

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by toddy on 01-25-2005 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
To be honest even I dont know some of my passwords

there are the best kind of passwords !!! if you don't kno it, then no one else has a chance of knowing it :P

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by haydos on 01-25-2005 at 04:23 PM

hahaha do u think the judge was a computer nerd??? i mean y would u make sum1 pay for sumfink like that

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by Anubis on 01-25-2005 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn

hahaha do u think the judge was a computer nerd??? i mean y would u make sum1 pay for sumfink like that

Maybe because the sad little man who had his work deleted by a sad little woman wouldn't shut up about it...
This is another one of these things where I think, geez I've done far worse to people on games, why aren't I in jail yet. Seriously if someone did that to me I'd just be p***ed off at them, and nothing more than that.
People, keep your passwords secret, please...:p
RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by paperless on 01-25-2005 at 06:02 PM

Man... thats pretty bad.. can you put in his place?? like u used hours and hours of your life playing that game and then one stupid person makes all that hours of your life get in the air...it may doesnt look that bad but it is... time is precious people...

RE: Women faces charges for deleting ex-boyfriend's game data by user27089 on 01-25-2005 at 06:08 PM

I have to agree, but that time on this 'lineage' game is actually time wasted, what does he get from the game? Nothing... an internet girlfriend and a courtcase :lol:...