Shoutbox

Free Forum Hosting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Free Forum Hosting (/showthread.php?tid=37449)

Free Forum Hosting by DJeX on 01-25-2005 at 03:18 AM

Would there be any where that I could host a forum for free? I would need PHP and MySQL support.

RE: Free Forum Hosting by banky on 01-25-2005 at 03:27 AM

add me to msn and i can more then likely get you the hosting for free.... the.don.90[at]gmail[dot]com

RE: Free Forum Hosting by Concord Dawn on 01-25-2005 at 03:39 AM

InvisionFree is good, but if you're looking to run a MyBB forum, then you might just try the ultimate resource for everything in the world.

RE: Free Forum Hosting by Purity on 01-25-2005 at 04:05 AM

I like PHPBB, even though MyBB is better than all!

RE: Free Forum Hosting by Concord Dawn on 01-25-2005 at 04:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket

Yes, but MyBB requires quite a bit of work. InvisionFree is extremely easy and is great for n00bs (I know, I was one).
RE: Free Forum Hosting by John Anderton on 01-25-2005 at 06:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX

Would there be any where that I could host a forum for free? I would need PHP and MySQL support.

Go to phbbplanet.com or invisionplus.net they will make the entire forum when u register. u have to make the categories and then on. i mean they preinstall it for u. But phbb sucks imo. Invisionplus aint too good either. Mbb rules. So if u want only mbb then download it form their site and then goto that 100 mb site which i cant remember. I think freefronthost.com will redirect u there. I'll check it up and tell u.
Register and make ur forum. 100 mb and 5 subdomains. 3 gb traffic.
I hope this is all u wanted. if not just ask :)
RE: Free Forum Hosting by user27089 on 01-25-2005 at 08:12 AM

hmm, I'll think about it a bit, and if you want, I could host your forum... depends on the space and bandwith though... I'll sort it out later and pm you some details, but the problem is, my host doesn't allow ftp access :S... so I'm not sure :s...

RE: Free Forum Hosting by _Humphreys on 01-25-2005 at 08:28 AM

I hosted my forum on killer carrot for free. You might not get the same luck as I did though...you'll have to ask Dempsey.

RE: RE: Free Forum Hosting by segosa on 01-25-2005 at 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket

Yes, but MyBB requires quite a bit of work. InvisionFree is extremely easy and is great for n00bs (I know, I was one).

I set up MyBB in literally 5 minutes, it was easy as hell...