Shoutbox

iPod Used In Domestic Homicide - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide (/showthread.php?tid=37470)

iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by matty on 01-25-2005 at 06:20 PM

Friday, March 5, 2004 Posted: 4:50 PM EST (1450 GMT)

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE (HLN) - A Memphis woman was arrested and charged with first-degree murder after she bludgeoned her boyfriend to death with an iPod.

Arleen Mathers, 23, was arrested Thursday morning after she called Memphis Police and said she had killed her boyfriend, according to a Sheriff’s Department report.

When deputies arrived at Mathers’ apartment at 528 Poplar Avenue, Mathers led them to the body of her boyfriend, Brad Pulaski, 27.

Brad Pulaski had died of blunt trauma to the head after being repeatedly bludgeoned with an iPod, a popular MP3 player produced by Apple.

Police said no motive has been confirmed, although evidence suggested the murder was the result of a domestic dispute after Pulaski erased the contents of Mathers’ iPod.

According to law officers, Mathers was hysterical when police arrived and told them that she killed her boyfriend only after he accused her of illegally downloading music and erased about 2,000 of her MP3s. Mathers complained that it took 3 months to build her music collection.

An autopsy performed Friday afternoon at Methodist Hospital showed that Brad Pulaski had been beat multiple times in the face and chest by a blunt metal object, and died of internal bleeding, said Dr. Felix Klamut, deputy coroner.

According to Apple’s website, the iPod is partially made of a hard metal plate that’s been praised for it’s resistance to regular wear and tear, like drops and coffee spills.

“It took him a while to die,” Dr. Klamut said. “She must have stabbed him 40 to 80 times with that iPod. His death was not instantaneous, that’s for sure”

Arleen Mathers was arraigned Friday night by a video hookup from the county jail. Municipal Court Judge Simon Lambert set her bond at $600,000 and scheduled a preliminary hearing for March 9.

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by user27089 on 01-25-2005 at 06:22 PM

Oh my god, thats insane, it shows how dodgy people are, and how little things have to be for such a dodgy thing to happen... :dodgy: ...

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by ayjay on 01-25-2005 at 06:26 PM

rofl. I'm sure you'd be just a tiny bit annoyed though if somone deleted 2000 songs. why didn't she have them backed up on her computer :P?

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by WDZ on 01-25-2005 at 06:38 PM

I've read that that story is fake. It was started by some satire site... :dodgy:

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Anubis on 01-25-2005 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
It was started by some satire site...
Well that's odd, it did seem very real...But I've heard of weirder cases of people having reasons to kill people, usually they have a history of being a little crazy...Like I heard when a man killed his wife because she kept making him banana sandwiches, but I have never heard of a totally sane person doing this type of thing.

Another thing that's been bugging me is we've seen many of these threads with stories on for a while now and they're all in GCC, I hate to be picky but they would have been in T&T before, are the staff's standards declining?...Debate :cheesy:
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by _Humphreys on 01-25-2005 at 06:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Another thing that's been bugging me is we've seen many of these threads with stories on for a while now and they're all in GCC, I hate to be picky but they would have been in T&T before, are the staff's standards declining?...Debate :cheesy:

Vote CCool for being |337 :P! lol

This sounds stupid someone killing someone with an I-Pod. :^)
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by WDZ on 01-25-2005 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
but they would have been in T&T before
Uhhm... so? :p Decisions made in the past weren't necessarily right.

Anyway, isn't this what GCC is for? Posting a news article and discussing it seems perfectly fine, not spammy... :s

Also, too many good threads go to T&T (or start there) and get pruned. (n)
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Anubis on 01-25-2005 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Anyway, isn't this what GCC is for? Posting a news article and discussing it seems perfectly fine, not spammy...
Don't get me wrong I'm in favour of it not going to T&T all the time. I used to think that a lot of good threads were moved to T&T and spammed up...I'm just saying that there's a lot of these threads cropping up now, and the replies to a few are a little spammy, not this one really...anyway I am babbling off now

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Mathers was hysterical when police arrived and told them that she killed her boyfriend only after he accused her of illegally downloading music and erased about 2,000 of her MP3s.
I find it hard to believe someone would admit to certainly committing one crime, and also of most likely doing another one
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by saralk on 01-25-2005 at 06:59 PM

I like this news articles and disscussion after, to me it seems quite the essense of GCC, and definatly not "trash"

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by paperless on 01-25-2005 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I've read that that story is fake. It was started by some satire site... :dodgy:
You sure?.. it lost all the fun then...
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by saralk on 01-25-2005 at 08:56 PM

i dont think killing someone is ever fun? :/

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by paperless on 01-25-2005 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
i dont think killing someone is ever fun? :/

Man.. the way people kill sometimes is...
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Jhrono on 01-25-2005 at 09:22 PM

:dodgy: Fake

quote:
“She must have stabbed him 40 to 80 times with that iPod. His death was not instantaneous, that’s for sure”

Ok that must have hurt...
quote:
Originally posted by paperless

paperless shut uP:S
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by paperless on 01-25-2005 at 09:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
:dodgy: Fake
quote:
“She must have stabbed him 40 to 80 times with that iPod. His death was not instantaneous, that’s for sure”

Ok that must have hurt...
quote:

paperless shut uP:S

:notfunny:
Im not the only one thinking that and it is my opinion...
Dont you think it is stupid? she could kill him with a knife or something that would be normal.. not with an ipod ( poor ipod :( )..

And stop it..that quote was useless, kid
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Jhrono on 01-25-2005 at 09:33 PM

i'll not answer that or else i'd get banned...wtf with an ipod its very pretty to laugh about...what if u think about the guys u died family(if it happened)? do u think they think its pretty?

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by _Humphreys on 01-25-2005 at 09:33 PM

quote:

Im not the only one thinking that and it is my opinion...
Dont you think it is stupid? she could kill him with a knife or something that would be normal.. not with an ipod..

I second paperless it is stupid and it smells like bull.
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by paperless on 01-25-2005 at 09:35 PM

quote:
i'll not answer that or else i'd get banned...wtf with an ipod its very pretty to laugh about...what if u think about the guys u died family(if it happened)? do u think they think its pretty?

No i dont but its still funny the WAY she killed him.....and i dont care about him i didnt know him (that was fake but lets pretend it wasnt) do you care?
I think death shouldnt be such a tabu its a normal thing its the only thing you sure its going to happen to you..
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Jhrono on 01-25-2005 at 09:38 PM

quote:
ts a normal thing its the only thing you sure its going to happen to yo

nice point of view but wtf...just dont express a feeling...let it be...dont say its funny..it looks bad...on my point of view...btw death is certain but only if ur growing old or sick not due erasing mp3's:S
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by paperless on 01-25-2005 at 09:41 PM

quote:
quote:
ts a normal thing its the only thing you sure its going to happen to yo

nice point of view but wtf...just dont express a feeling...let it be...dont say its funny..it looks bad...on my point of view...btw death is certain but only if ur growing old or sick not due erasing mp3's:S

That makes the story even funnier how people can be so stupid makes it funny but dont worry it is fake..
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by aNILEator on 01-25-2005 at 10:09 PM

surely her songs are still on her computer :P

people are silly

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by matty on 01-25-2005 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Fake

Oh really?

iPod Used In Domestic Homicide
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by paperless on 01-25-2005 at 10:32 PM

quote:
quote:
Fake

Oh really?

Well i also thought it was fake because theonly person syaing if it was or not was WDZ and i believed him..

Now its funny :rofl:

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by wj on 01-26-2005 at 12:30 AM

quote:
quote:
Fake

Oh really?

It is fake.... "Headlined News"??? BS Personal satire site.
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by dotNorma on 01-26-2005 at 12:38 AM

It is fake. The rumour was started by LiquidGeneration , which is a well known prank site. :dodgy:

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Pipish on 01-26-2005 at 12:45 AM

was the result of a domestic dispute after Pulaski erased the contents of Mathers’ iPod.  :lol: that tels it all they were most probably poor and it took her ages to get those songs who kills over and ipod ¬¬ sad realy that somone has to die becasue of that

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Wabz on 01-26-2005 at 12:51 AM

What is the world coming too :|

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Pyroteq on 01-26-2005 at 03:48 AM

hahaha sorry i find that funny.. killed with an ipod *looks at ipod* ahah

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by WDZ on 01-26-2005 at 04:08 AM

quote:
Oh really?

Where are the results from well-known, respected news sites? :p

All those sites probably just thought it was a funny article and syndicated/copied it. Much the same as what you did when you made this thread. :p
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Moo on 01-26-2005 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Oh really?

All those sites probably just thought it was a funny article and syndicated/copied it. Much the same as what you did when you made this thread. :p
* Moo puts it in his blog :P... nah
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Guido on 01-27-2005 at 03:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Oh really?

Nothing to look for here, it's fake, started by a humor site, with the layout copied from CNN.com -- "headlined news" :lol:
RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by st0rm on 01-27-2005 at 04:19 AM

hahah maybe she wanted to see how strong her ipod was and was satisfied when she killed her boyf, and really how stupid would  you have to be to call the cops on yourself HAHA

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Guido on 01-27-2005 at 04:43 AM

Just wondering...

is Jobs' wife alive? :lol:

j/k :dodgy:

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Tasha on 01-27-2005 at 01:09 PM

omg, what an idiot. And proves that iPod's shouldn't have been made. :rofl:

RE: iPod Used In Domestic Homicide by Edna Mode on 01-27-2005 at 01:20 PM

hell no, ipods rule