Shoutbox

Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) (/showthread.php?tid=37471)

Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Wabz on 01-25-2005 at 06:22 PM

Hey guys I know a lot of you are great helpers here on the forums, new and old.  I recently returned to IRC and the forums on a more permament basis (due to a lot of free time inbetween lectures).  I notice theres a lot of great helpers here who seem to be new to me, and well we could do with some of your time.  Well any of your time.  IRC seems to be forgotten about and we need helpers there as well.

You can come pay a visit by following the webchat link on www.msgplus.net , or you can connect with a proper irc client such as mIRC www.mirc.com  via irc.msgplus.net.  You don't even have to help at all join us in #banana a wonderful channel where you can forge great friendships between other community members *Waves to Sunshine  * .  Any help in our main support channel #msgplus would be greatly appeciated. Or in one of our non-english channels #msgplus.fr, #msgplus.nl, #msgplus.de, and #msgplus.es. .  IRC newbies don't fear just connect via webchat and we'll spend time helping you through anything from the basic /join command through to scripting mirc.

I've been there from our very first IRC channel all those years back and never regretted it.  I learnt a lot, made friends, and well had some really good laughs along the way. All I ask is you join once.  I know you'll enjoy our company and end up being a serial irc idler. 

Thanks Guys I hope to see you there soon !!  Any questions either reply to this thread or PM myself, or Dxtremz!!

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Stigmata on 01-25-2005 at 06:27 PM

I would be happy to become a helper again...

was removed last time due to inactivity

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by DXtremz on 01-25-2005 at 06:30 PM

We would be happy to have you on the team. In the past we had a few issues with the helpers, but we now review each person closely before making them part of the "staff". We'd love to have your help!

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by matty on 01-25-2005 at 06:38 PM

* matty would do it again...

Biut I have limited access as I work nights and am only on my pc for a max of 5 hours each day (not including my days off)

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Anubis on 01-25-2005 at 06:57 PM

I'd like to join for being a helper, I may be able to start hanging around there a lot from this weekend a fair amount. But last time I went to #banana I got flamed as a n00b :p and the help channel usually seems dead

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by user27089 on 01-25-2005 at 06:58 PM

Damn I'll help again :p...

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Pr0xY on 01-25-2005 at 07:00 PM

I really enjoy talking to the community on IRC.  I would recommend it to anyone with doubts.  #banana is the goofiest/funniest channel around (most of the time:p). 

Wabs, I have helped out  accouple times in #Msgplus, if you need more people to help, I'd be glad to step up and try my best.  It might help me to learn more about Plus! from people like you (which I've been meaning to try to do for some time now).  Anyways, I'll make a point to try to be on IRC more often to help.  :)

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Wabz on 01-25-2005 at 07:12 PM

Just get there.  We don't expect you to help.  We're all happy if you wanna chat in #banana all the time. 

MsgPlus is a strange channel it can go for hours without people needing any major help.  Then it hits. 

We're a friendly channel and no one will be classed as a n00b unless they do silly things which annoy others such as TYPING IN CAPS (this is classed as shouting)  flooding the channel with the same line repeatly (we heard the first time and if no one answers theres no one there/ there involved in another conversation).  Just  a little heads up.  There general annoyances on irc. And aren't welcome anywhere (try it in a channel on efnet and see what happens)

wabz :)

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by user27089 on 01-25-2005 at 07:15 PM

whats the new server and stuff... cause I can't get on irc.msgplus.net :p..

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Wabz on 01-25-2005 at 07:20 PM

taz.tx.us.msgplus.net is the full server address :)

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Sunshine on 01-25-2005 at 07:27 PM

* Sunshine waves back to Wabz :D

Yes, i would like to see more active helpers inthere too. Too often it's just one or two persons helping out, wich can be very stressfull at peakhours (try helping out 3 or more at once..ouff).

Don't be scared to join in..it's not much different than onhere really (biggest difference is that you help out in realtime)...

Also hanging out in our chattychan #banana helps build the communityspirit (it's way more personal). I'm on IRC as much as i can and must say i became good friends with quite a few members *waves to all of em, yes you know who you are*.

Hopefully i can welcome you all onthere soon.

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Pr0xY on 01-25-2005 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
whats the new server and stuff... cause I can't get on irc.msgplus.net :p..
irc.msgplus.net works just fine for me....
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by ayjay on 01-25-2005 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Yes, i would like to see more active helpers inthere too. Too often it's just one or two persons helping out, wich can be very stressfull at peakhours (try helping out 3 or more at once..ouff).

especially when they only just speak english :P

quote:
I'm on IRC as much as i can and must say i became good friends with quite a few members *waves to all of em, yes you know who you are*

Does that include me? :D :P

We could defiantely have done with more helpers on Sunday lol.

P.S. DXtremz - give me halfop in #banana :P
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by DXtremz on 01-25-2005 at 07:57 PM

#banana is not my channel to give ops in. Talk to Underlord about that, I don't touch that access list without his permission. I can, but I don't.

* DXtremz waves to Sunshine.

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by saralk on 01-25-2005 at 08:21 PM

I like to think i am active on it, to some extent. But its hard to be on a lot when i have school

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by segosa on 01-25-2005 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
But last time I went to #banana I got flamed as a n00b :p

All I said was "Anubis is newb" which is sort of an internal-joke thing on IRC. It doesn't mean you're a n00b, and it wasn't a flame. It's something everyone knows isn't serious.
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by ayjay on 01-25-2005 at 08:37 PM

When I read it I thought it would be you segosa :P

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Vilkku on 01-25-2005 at 08:41 PM

I can be a helper if you want :P Mabye Segosa will put in a (good?) word for me?

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Wabz on 01-25-2005 at 08:50 PM

No need for a good word.  Just join in everyone is welcome !!

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by _Humphreys on 01-25-2005 at 09:36 PM

I'll help out...anything for the plus! community.

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by sock on 01-25-2005 at 09:47 PM

Oh, you moved the IRCD to taz now? Why? :-/

Nobody tells me anything in this house! >_<

* sock updates the IP number in the sticky IRC thread.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
cause I can't get on irc.msgplus.net :p..
It probably still points at the old server for you... It should work fine in a few hours or so (if it doesn't already).

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
It's something everyone knows isn't serious.
Obviously not everyone...
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by segosa on 01-25-2005 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
quote:
It's something everyone knows isn't serious.
Obviously not everyone...

I knew someone would come out and say that. I just knew it.
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Moo on 01-25-2005 at 10:46 PM

I wana help.

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Purity on 01-25-2005 at 10:58 PM

I have a question, What does Idling on IRC do good for MsgPlus...? b/c you said: :I know you'll enjoy our company and end up being a serial irc idler.  "

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Wabz on 01-25-2005 at 11:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket
What does Idling on IRC do good for MsgPlus...?

It does a lot of good.  It means theres users there. Even if your not at the keyboard all the time .  your still more attracted to come chat if your idle there already.  And it adds to them funky channel idle scripts.

Being idle rocks if Dx brings idlebot back up
RE: RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by DXtremz on 01-26-2005 at 12:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guillaume
I wana help.

By all means, do so!! We'd be glad to have you!

Skinticket, being in IRC is great, and by "idle" doesn't just mean litteral "idling" it can just mean you're there a lot. We love having new people to help out. We need more people to help out!

Wabz, Idlebot is in #irpg now :)
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Pipish on 01-26-2005 at 12:55 AM

i would love to be a helper realy i would same as stigmata my halfop was removed for inactivity

i am afraid i will only be able to help very very little around #msgplus because school is starting and my dad goes back to work so instead of my ususal five hours a day i will struggle to manage one :(

but in that one hour i will do the usual have fun in banana
and help out in msgplus

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by DXtremz on 01-26-2005 at 12:57 AM

Tis great pip, any help is appreciated. It's still possible for you to gain some sort of access again, don't worry ;)

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by lopardo on 01-26-2005 at 01:15 AM

Hey, I'll try to help too. :)

My problem is that I have time limited internet access, 50 hours a month, it sucks :(

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Wabz on 01-26-2005 at 01:28 AM

Like we say 15 minutes of your time helping is just as good as someone who can help for 3 days without sleep.  We just want people to join and have a good time and keep the Messenger Plus users happy

Hell I just had an idea.  We should make a proper FAQ script for #Msgplus and we could have it updated and made ready for download!

* Wabz thinks hes got himself a project

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by musicalmidget on 01-26-2005 at 02:27 PM

Heh, I used to visit IRC so much but over the last few months I've just found myself doing other things. :(

I'll see if I can come and idle chat more often from now...see how things have changed. :p

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Pr0xY on 01-26-2005 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
My problem is that I have time limited internet access, 50 hours a month, it sucks :(
Hehheee, You think you have it bad?, I had time limited internet untill 2 days ago, we got 15 hours a month....  ONLY 15........ can you believe that?  Luckily I got my parents to change it after a month...

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Menthix on 01-26-2005 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
end up being a serial irc idler.
So true :)

Welcome all new helpers, nice to see new people on IRC.
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by _Humphreys on 01-26-2005 at 06:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

Welcome all new helpers, nice to see new people on IRC.

No problem at all. :) If I can hlep out I will.
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by user35870 on 01-26-2005 at 07:05 PM

i will help out :D

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by user27089 on 01-26-2005 at 07:09 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=368938]

:banana:...

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Mike on 01-26-2005 at 07:24 PM

Ofcourse I'll join! :D
I used to be a member and I was a half-op (or maybe an op, I don't remember) on #Tochjo.
Also, I had a good score on #idlerpg, because I was leaving my computer on when I was going to school...
Also, I remember the "bot attacks" where administators where sending the bots into a channel...
Ahh good ol 'times... :(

I'll try and become an active member on irc...
The only problem is that ... I can't have access to the laptop where mIRC is installed...
I can only have when my father is not home... :(

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by segosa on 01-26-2005 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2

Also, I remember the "bot attacks" where administators where sending the bots into a channel...

The only place the opers were sending them were OFF the network. :P
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Sunshine on 01-26-2005 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
quote:
I'm on IRC as much as i can and must say i became good friends with quite a few members *waves to all of em, yes you know who you are*

Does that include me? :D :P

Ofcourse that includes you too :P
quote:
Originally posted by DXtremz
* DXtremz waves to Sunshine.
* Sunshine waves back :D
quote:
No need for a good word.  Just join in everyone is welcome !!
* Sunshine agrees...
quote:
Originally posted by sock
Oh, you moved the IRCD to taz now? Why? :-/
Nobody tells me anything in this house! >_<

* sock updates the IP number in the sticky IRC thread.

Aww sockie soz (forgot bout your sticky there)....come back to good ol' msgplus ircd ;)
quote:
Like we say 15 minutes of your time helping is just as good as someone who can help for 3 days without sleep.  We just want people to join and have a good time and keep the Messenger Plus users happy
* Sunshine agrees once more...

Any help is appreciated, joining #banana is appreciated..get the community spirit up :D
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2

The only place the opers were sending them were OFF the network. :P
Lol yeah, shit happens too..that's life..IRC is no different :P
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Tasha on 01-26-2005 at 10:00 PM

I hang around there sometimes. :) I'll come again, if you'd like me there more permanently....

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by DXtremz on 01-27-2005 at 03:51 AM

Be there as often as you'd like. Any help you can give is good.

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by musicalmidget on 01-27-2005 at 12:18 PM

Parden the rather "abrupt" post, but what the hell is this...?

quote:
(12:16:33) -taz.tx.us.msgplus.net- *** You are permanently banned from taz.tx.us.msgplus.net (Open Proxy found on your host...etc

I connected to IRC this afternoon like I have hundreds of times before... :|
RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by segosa on 01-27-2005 at 01:44 PM

Blame DX's proxy-detecting software.

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by Wabz on 01-27-2005 at 01:50 PM

I'll rectify that later! (am at uni at the moment!)  You must be running an app that uses a port the proxy detector picks up

I don't have the power to deactivate the proxy though

Dx......

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by segosa on 01-27-2005 at 01:52 PM

Most likely his ISP uses a transparent proxy though..

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by musicalmidget on 01-27-2005 at 02:19 PM

It's probably because I was attempting to connect on my laptop which connects to the internet through my LAN, but the reason it's stumped me is because I've connected this way many times before without any problems, and no settings have changed recently. :(

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by DXtremz on 01-28-2005 at 12:04 AM

Try connecting again, I removed the K:Line. I'm not sure if it is a false positive or if your ISP uses some sort of proxy.

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by musicalmidget on 01-28-2005 at 12:16 AM

Same thing, I can connect from the computer, but I get instantly banned when connecting on the laptop. :(

RE: Msgplus IRC needs you! (Uncle Sam Style) by DXtremz on 01-28-2005 at 12:20 AM

Resolved.