Shoutbox

MSN Quit working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Quit working (/showthread.php?tid=37491)

MSN Quit working by Sallie48 on 01-26-2005 at 01:23 AM

My MSN quit working my my computer.   The only change I had made was installing ad-aware plus, but even when I turn it off my MSN will still not work.    I even tried to uninstall and reinstall........only to find that it will not even download onto my computer.   I am completely stumped???

Also....I know I still have an open account with MSN because I can open it and chat on my husbands computer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sally

RE: MSN Quit working by lopardo on 01-26-2005 at 01:32 AM

Could you please explain your problem a little further? What happened? You can't login into MSN Messenger?

RE: MSN Quit working by Sallie48 on 01-26-2005 at 01:51 AM

I click on the log in and put in my password and it tries to log me in but then says it can't.  I then open the troubleshooter and it scans for problems with my computer and then reports that there are none.   So I then uninstalled MSN and tried to redownload the program.   After the bar goes across indicating that the program downloaded.....a big red X appears in the middle of the download bar indicating that it did not get downloaded on my computer.

So I then used the GO-Back feature on my computer (running Windows ME) and reverted my Hard Drive to before I uninstalled MSN.  I now have it back but it will not let me log on.

RE: MSN Quit working by lopardo on 01-26-2005 at 02:46 AM

Uninstall Messenger Plus! if you have it, and then uninstall MSN Messenger. Then reinstall MSN Messenger and try to login.

RE: MSN Quit working by Sallie48 on 01-26-2005 at 03:50 PM

I did some reading on this site and followed the instructions and now it works perfectly!!

Thank you for your time and effort.    This is a really great message board...so many folks helping each other.

Have a great day!!!

Sally

RE: MSN Quit working by lopardo on 01-26-2005 at 05:37 PM

I'm glad you could solve it :) Did reinstalling work? Did you reinstall Plus? ;)

RE: MSN Quit working by Sallie48 on 01-26-2005 at 08:16 PM

I uninstalled and reinstalled and then did the changes to regsvr softpub.dll...etc.   I did not try to reinstall the beta version...as long as 6.2 is working I don't want to mess with it.  LOL

Thanks again for your help.  :)

Sally