Shoutbox

[Sug] get rid of his/her - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Sug] get rid of his/her (/showthread.php?tid=37494)

[Sug] get rid of his/her by haydos on 01-26-2005 at 03:00 AM

Would it b possible 2 include in a new Plus! or could sum1 make a plug-in where msn would not say <name> has changed his/her status to online etc. The user could write if the person was a guy or girl n then it could say <name> has changed his satus 2 online OR <name> has changed her satus 2 online.

If its not possible or 2 hard its all good;) just curious 2 see how inventive all u programmers are:P

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by lopardo on 01-26-2005 at 03:04 AM

Pretty useless, in my opinion... :undecided:

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by Hank on 01-26-2005 at 03:27 AM

agree's would be pretty useless for a plugin like that

RE: RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by haydos on 01-26-2005 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Pretty useless, in my opinion... :undecided:

quote:
agree's would be pretty useless for a plugin like that

so its useless, thats not the point... the point is ummmmmm well i dunno:P lol it seemed like a good idea at the time:$
RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by gif83 on 01-26-2005 at 08:44 PM

i've got my girls' personalised nicks in pink and boys in blue so i can tell easily... but a glance at the name should be enough to tell who your friends are anyway

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by Tasha on 01-26-2005 at 10:15 PM

Hmm... It seems an ok idea, but a waste of time really. You'd know whether it was a boy or girl anyways, if you know the person. :p

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by saralk on 01-26-2005 at 10:39 PM

it has been suggested before, and it was decided that the effort needed to code it outweighed the benifits.

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by lopardo on 01-27-2005 at 12:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
it has been suggested before, and it was decided that the effort needed to code it outweighed the benifits.
That's what I meant :)
RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by Guido on 01-27-2005 at 02:47 AM

Plus, not many people will take the time to classify every contact's sex. :dodgy:

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by XM4ST3RX on 01-27-2005 at 04:18 AM

MSN should automatically detect it within the parameters because every user signing up to hotmail or a passport account has to specify their sex.

So it should be MSN's responsibility to add it, i just dont think they thought of it when coding... if not shame on them.

P.S. At this present time i am quite drunk... so if any of the above does not sound correct then i apologise, but i believe it's quite understandable at the moment.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by haydos on 01-27-2005 at 06:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XM4ST3RX
MSN should automatically detect it within the parameters because every user signing up to hotmail or a passport account has to specify their sex.

yea i was thinking something alaong those lines... i thought that bcuz the info is already there it would b quite simple (i wouldnt know) but its all good cant complain with what patchou n others hav put together so far(Y)
RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by L. Coyote on 01-27-2005 at 06:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
yea i was thinking something alaong those lines... i thought that bcuz the info is already there it would b quite simple (i wouldnt know) but its all good cant complain with what patchou n others hav put together so far(Y)
There is no way for Patchou to retrieve that information, afaik. If MSN Messenger does not use this, then it won't be available for anyone (not a plugin, MsgPlus! or anything).

The only way this could work is if MSN Messenger itself did this, so this suggestion would be for Microsoft and not MsgPlus!

And, personally, I don't think there is any use for this. :s You could just color their names or something like that. :s
RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by haydos on 01-27-2005 at 07:44 AM

I know i can change the colours, i already do that... i was just seeing if this option is possible. From what i am reading, its not. oh well no biggi

ty 4 the help ppls

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by Edna Mode on 01-27-2005 at 09:12 AM

i personally see it as an invasion of privacy, if some random adds you and uses it they instantly aquire your perspnal information, espcially since microsoft promised us that they would not give out our personal information to anybody :dodgy:

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by haydos on 01-27-2005 at 09:45 AM

I mean the user writes whether the other person is a guy or a chik so others who add u will just say his/her on their screen

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by Edna Mode on 01-27-2005 at 02:04 PM

hhmmm, still, i thought plus! and microsoft didnt associate, (im probably wrong)

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by x2zen on 01-27-2005 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
hhmmm, still, i thought plus! and microsoft didnt associate, (im probably wrong)
No you are NOT wrong. Plus! and Patchou himself has nothing to do with Microsoft except that he is a VMP like I am.

RE: RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by Guido on 01-27-2005 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
i personally see it as an invasion of privacy, if some random adds you and uses it they instantly aquire your perspnal information, espcially since microsoft promised us that they would not give out our personal information to anybody :dodgy:
Wtf, your sex is not "personal information" :gfdrin:

Anyway, your MSN profile (which includes your sex) is viewable to anyone, even if they don't add you, so if you have filled that everybody can see some info.

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
he is a VMP like I am
MVP ;)
RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by .blade// on 01-27-2005 at 05:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Plus, not many people will take the time to classify every contact's sex. :dodgy:

I can just see it now..."Reid...guy.....girl......guy....AGGGGHHHHH!!!!" :P

Anyways, this would be useless. The only way this would be plausible is if Microsoft added a gender specific option in the .net passport configuration to define gender in convo.s.
RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by Millenium_edition on 01-27-2005 at 05:33 PM

1) it's more pointless than anything
2) it would require everyone to set up an msn profile
3) downloading the msn profile of every offline contact at sign in is a BIG waste of bandwidth..

end of story?

RE: [Sug] get rid of his/her by haydos on 01-28-2005 at 08:00 AM

quote:
end of story?

yep thats it. my bad, stupid idea the end:D:P