Shoutbox

tried to send you a file This file has been blocked because i - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: tried to send you a file This file has been blocked because i (/showthread.php?tid=37495)

tried to send you a file This file has been blocked because i by Arti on 01-26-2005 at 03:27 AM

why does it say this? Can someone explain to me why im having this problem

RE: tried to send you a file This file has been blocked because i by M73A on 01-26-2005 at 07:29 AM

whats the full message that comes up? "because i......"

RE: tried to send you a file This file has been blocked because i by Eljay on 01-26-2005 at 07:38 AM

if it is "This file has been blocked because it is potentially unsafe" i think it might be something to do with Windows XP SP2 security center thing.

RE: tried to send you a file This file has been blocked because i by user13774 on 01-26-2005 at 06:19 PM

What is he trying to send to you?
If somebody send you a file it is automatically marked by Windows Xp (SP2 only) as 'from the internet' and sometimes it is even blocked, and you get a warning when opening. To remove it, right click the file -> properties and click the button in the screenshot I attached to remove the block.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=368913]

Note: If your friend sends you an exe file, ONLY open it when you completly trust it... Never open a .pif, even if one of your friends tries to send it.