Shoutbox

Latest Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Latest Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=37534)

Latest Messenger Plus! by batgirl on 01-27-2005 at 03:31 AM

how would you like it if someone came into your house (invited) but then while you were out changed all your furniture around?  this is what the latest version of Messenger Plus does to your computer - changes your settings.  i have uninstalled it and won't be reinstalling it even though i thought it was awesome (the previous version).  some people get too greedy....

i had my settings high, pop-ups gave me a warning and i could allow them or not, but nope, the latest version of Messenger Plus changed all that and i had constant pop-ups and my computer crashing on startup.

thanks but no thanks....you've done your dash this time.

RE: Latest Messenger Plus! by J.J on 01-27-2005 at 04:06 AM

It sounds like you installed the sponsor program...

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove programs and uninstal messenger Plus!

When reinstalling, make sure you click

'I refuse to give my support, install messenger plus! without the sponsor'

(See attachment)

This should solve your problem

RE: Latest Messenger Plus! by haydos on 01-27-2005 at 07:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by batgirl
how would you like it if someone came into your house (invited) but then while you were out changed all your furniture around?  this is what the latest version of Messenger Plus does to your computer - changes your settings.

i hope ur furniture is ok:P

haha if u search around the forums there are lots of detailed instructions 4 getting rid of the sponser
RE: Latest Messenger Plus! by Hank on 01-27-2005 at 07:57 AM

wouldnt bother explaingin to some1  thats irational  (however u spell it)  there obviously to stupid to see they r the ones that are at fault
coz they didnt read during install

RE: Latest Messenger Plus! by L. Coyote on 01-27-2005 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by batgirl
how would you like it if someone came into your house (invited) but then while you were out changed all your furniture around?  this is what the latest version of Messenger Plus does to your computer - changes your settings.  i have uninstalled it and won't be reinstalling it even though i thought it was awesome (the previous version).  some people get too greedy....

i had my settings high, pop-ups gave me a warning and i could allow them or not, but nope, the latest version of Messenger Plus changed all that and i had constant pop-ups and my computer crashing on startup.

thanks but no thanks....you've done your dash this time.
When installing any software you should read the installation screens.

In the Messenger Plus! installation process, for example, there are two screens that talk about the sponsor, which is OPTIONAL.

Did you try to uninstall the sponsor like Patchou described in the easy-to-find thread?

Also, you can get the facts about Messenger Plus!, its sponsor, and only author. :)

Instead of registering in the forums to bash for no reason, you could just move on with your life, if you wish not to use Messenger Plus! ever again. It's not mandatory to come here and be disrespectful. (N)