Shoutbox

[sug] control over nudges - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [sug] control over nudges (/showthread.php?tid=37588)

[sug] control over nudges by zaidgs on 01-28-2005 at 01:46 AM

because nudges can be annoying, maybe plus should provide control over it, like setting the nudge time-out for recieving nudges (and sending them too) be set as an option, also maybe choose to get nudges from one contact but not another, and similar anti-flood options.

im not sure if this was suggested before, and i am not sure it can be done without patching exe, but maybe patchou should try to crack this one (in the legal meaning ;) :P ).

RE: [sug] control over nudges by Edna Mode on 01-28-2005 at 02:11 AM

well there is a time break in between somebody can send a nudge again to the same person because of annoyance, but it doesnt go to long :S, somebody was flooding me too because they just got nudges thought it was cool

RE: [sug] control over nudges by zaidgs on 01-28-2005 at 02:23 AM

though msn has build-in time out, but sometimes u just wanna increase it, or block them from a certain contact

RE: [sug] control over nudges by J.J on 01-28-2005 at 03:37 AM

These questions was asked and answered in the 7.0 Beta chat

Q: the nudges feature sometimes annoy me as my friend do it to me multiple times, can you add an option to be able to block or stop the receiver from seeing them?

A: thx for letting us know.

Q: Some bug you want to fix with the Nudges: When you nudge someone, you got to wait a while before sending another one. Well, There is an easier way. If you close the convo and re-open it and keep doing it, you can do it over and over again. Hope you fix it!

A: We are aware of this issue and the product team is working on it

Q: like you have nudge spam blocking (one nudge every 5 secs or so), can you do the same with blocking/unblocking spam

A: good point. thaks for the feedback. will consider this.

Microsoft are definately working on improving this feature, you'll just have to wait for future versions of msn messenger

RE: [sug] control over nudges by M73A on 02-06-2005 at 12:56 AM

i like the anti-flood idea! i had people that used to say things like i smoke and fings using the speechtool when they saw ma parents go past on webcam, got really annoying so dont use it anymore:(

RE: [sug] control over nudges by Hank on 02-06-2005 at 02:24 AM

if ya dont like Nudges ,, Just Diable them not to Automatically Play in Options, easy :)

RE: [sug] control over nudges by Purity on 02-06-2005 at 04:14 AM

Erg, I was in a chat with Traxor the other day, big huge spamfest with over 20-30 people in it, and I dunno who kept on doing nudges!  They like hacked the timing, couldn't this be done with reshack?

RE: RE: [sug] control over nudges by Ash_ on 02-06-2005 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket
Erg, I was in a chat with Traxor the other day, big huge spamfest with over 20-30 people in it, and I dunno who kept on doing nudges!  They like hacked the timing, couldn't this be done with reshack?

confirmed. as far as i remember TB posted some source/code whatever it is that you need to replace with reshack.

the nudge timer is only client side, so if you removed the code via reshack (illegal :mipdodgy:) or you patched the memory, you can send unlimited nudges _b.
RE: [sug] control over nudges by Purity on 02-06-2005 at 07:24 AM

Well, that explains it....:dodgy: