Shoutbox

Can someone answer this - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can someone answer this (/showthread.php?tid=37645)

Can someone answer this by lost on 01-29-2005 at 12:04 PM

If I have a list of people and some are blocked, can they tell when I am blocking them? I understand from what I have read that they can't but I have someone on my list that is either very very good at guessing or they can in fact know when they are blocked.
Is there some plugin that allows this.
I have them blocked only. They are not deleted from my contact list, they are just blocked sometimes.
Hope someone has an aswer :)

RE: Can someone answer this by Anubis on 01-29-2005 at 12:10 PM

There is no sure way of checking if someone has blocked you by putting your name in a box and clicking check, but there are many ways that you can check if you're blocked...
1.    If you have Stuff Plug-NG, and someone opens your window when they are offline, a good chance is you're blocked. Messenger Discovery has a feature designed to detect and tell you when an "offline" contact opens your window

2.    If you haven't blocked "All Others" in your account settings they can make an alternate account to check if you are really online.

3.    The most simple one, when you suspect blockage, ask someone if they are online on their contact list when they aren't on yours

There's loads more of little tricks and stuff that could indicate if you are blocked than just that the contact could be using...

RE: Can someone answer this by lost on 01-29-2005 at 12:17 PM

Thanks for that (Y)

RE: Can someone answer this by SikStyles on 01-29-2005 at 03:58 PM

and there is this program for it "msn block detect" i used it to detect the ppl who have deleted my name or blocked  my name...so yea they can see u if they have that prog

RE: Can someone answer this by Plik on 01-29-2005 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
and there is this program for it "msn block detect" i used it to detect the ppl who have deleted my name or blocked  my name...so yea they can see u if they have that prog
But only if the setting "Only allow people who are on my contact list to see my status......" is uncheck. Otherwise the program wont work.