Shoutbox

[split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? (/showthread.php?tid=37646)

RE: [split] New Messenger version out soon? by saralk on 01-29-2005 at 09:31 AM

if im not mistaken, werent screenshots of this exciting new feature for plus supposed to be released by now?

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Patchou on 01-29-2005 at 07:52 PM

Well, I'm waiting for my grahic designer to finish his work on this... hehehe... told you GFD ;).

The feature itself is now completed, you'll soon have the screenshots and itwill go in private beta in about a week I guess.

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by John Anderton on 01-29-2005 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
private beta
Does that mean only the testers can download it ? When will we get to try it out and by when will it be officially released, i mean the fully developed and tested final version
RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Sunshine on 01-29-2005 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
private beta
Does that mean only the testers can download it ? When will we get to try it out and by when will it be officially released, i mean the fully developed and tested final version
Yes, it means it's for betatesters only. Full release somewhere between half febr./half march, depending on how busy Patchou is etc. etc.
RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by x2zen on 01-29-2005 at 08:01 PM

quote:
quote:
private beta

The testers will be getting with the private beta, and yes that means they are the only one that can test it. The public version will be released around 15th March.

Edit: Sunshine was faster than me :(
RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by John Anderton on 01-29-2005 at 08:05 PM

I guess a big thread will be released so that we know right ??
Or do we need to check the website between that period of a month or so ?
EDIT: I mean will there be a therad fot the public release

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Stigmata on 01-29-2005 at 08:08 PM

a thread will not be made for the private release

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Sunshine on 01-29-2005 at 08:13 PM

quote:
I guess a big thread will be released so that we know right ??
Or do we need to check the website between that period of a month or so ?
You will notice when the final version is released, don't worry.
RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by John on 01-30-2005 at 08:59 AM

Oh awesome, I cant wait for the screenshots. :D

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 10:22 AM

sounds exciting, im just sad its gonna be so long :(

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by user27089 on 01-30-2005 at 10:28 AM

I can't wait to see the screenshots either, let alone use the new version :banana:.

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 10:32 AM

such anticipation, what will this new feature be

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by J.J on 01-30-2005 at 10:34 AM

cant wait for the screenshots :D

hmm i wonder what it is...

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by aNILEator on 01-30-2005 at 10:40 AM

i still think its some online storage thing so you can just link to pictures and play sounds etc

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 10:42 AM

its kinda hard to think what else you can actually make

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by user27089 on 01-30-2005 at 10:46 AM

Patchou is very imaginitive, I'm sure that it will be good :).

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Anubis on 01-30-2005 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly

i still think its some online storage thing so you can just link to pictures and play sounds etc
That would be nice, but that would need a decent server for all the users who will want it. It could be anything, so just hold tight, we'll find out soon enough...
RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by x2zen on 01-30-2005 at 11:18 AM

Well we something about this new feature:

quote:
This feature will be compatible with any Messenger version from 4 to 7 and should boost everyone's interest . I won't tell you now what this feature is but I can tell you that I never spent so much time on one given feature
quote:
The bad point is that it's the kind of feature that more "advanced" users will probably find to be useless, however, I'm pretty sure that everyone else will enjoy it a lot. How can I say such a thing? because I have my feature statistics of course!
Quotes from Messenger Plus! - Past, Present and Future

:)
RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 11:19 AM

wow, i just hope ill be able to use it

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by TheBlasphemer on 01-30-2005 at 11:53 AM

I already know what it is :D
Hell, i even got screenshots :P

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Stigmata on 01-30-2005 at 11:59 AM

good or bad?

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 12:04 PM

would you say the new feature is good

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by TheBlasphemer on 01-30-2005 at 12:07 PM

I would say it's useless :P
but that's just my humble opinion ;)
but you already knew that: Patchou said it wouldn't be something for advanced users :P

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 12:09 PM

oh, I WANT SCREENSHOTS, cant you post urs :)

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by x2zen on 01-30-2005 at 12:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
If he did that without permisson then all hell will break loose, or something :)
RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by TheBlasphemer on 01-30-2005 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
quote:
Originally posted by Violet
If he did that without permisson then all hell will break loose, or something :)

Yeah, or Patchou would break loose :P
and we wouldn't want that, since he knows where I live :P
RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Stigmata on 01-30-2005 at 12:37 PM

:D

he has been playing fps games for ages....

who knows what he could do :D

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by _Humphreys on 01-30-2005 at 12:45 PM

I can't wait for this mystery feature! I hope 3.50 is released soon. :)

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by L. Coyote on 01-30-2005 at 11:07 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:|

* L. Coyote runs around screaming mindlessly.

:| :| :| What is the new feature?????? :| :| :|

:P j/k

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by MSN on 01-31-2005 at 06:51 AM

waiting for the new feature screenshot ......:)

RE: RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by John on 01-31-2005 at 10:57 AM

quote:
The bad point is that it's the kind of feature that more "advanced" users will probably find to be useless, however, I'm pretty sure that everyone else will enjoy it a lot. How can I say such a thing? because I have my feature statistics of course!
That's too bad. :(

I still can't wait to see all the other new stuff though. :)

*Jaguar hopes some of his ideas made it into the new version. :P
RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by riahc4 on 01-31-2005 at 06:32 PM

I thought the new version was gonna be released when MSN Messenger 7 final comes out (This Feb)

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by aNILEator on 01-31-2005 at 08:57 PM

yeah but patchou is getting a new game and will be zombiefied for 2 weeks while he completes the old one and the new one :P

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by *Saint* on 02-01-2005 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologise in advance for what's going to happen in February. You see, I've been waiting for Xenosaga 2 (a game on PS2) for the past 15 months and it's finally going to be released on February 15th. So, here is the deal: to play to this game at its full potential, I first have to play Xenosaga 1 from beginning to end, which should take about a week. Then, I anticipate that it will take at least another 10 days to complete episode 2, which means that between February 7th and March 1st, I probably won't give any sign that I'm alive as I'll be stuck in front of my TV :gfdrin:.

I'm still working a lot on Plus! 3.50 but I unfortunately have to say that Idoubt very much that the version will be completed by February 7th, which means that you'll probably have to wait until around March 15th before you can get your hands on this new release. I'll continue to do my best to try to release before that but I can't promise anything (GFD, if you read this, please respond to my emails!! :)).

I'm now going back to my code... you should still expect to see screenshots of the new stuff before I unplug my computer and my phone line.

See ya,
Patch

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by aNILEator on 02-01-2005 at 11:16 PM

yeah so as i say, he will be zombified

I just got a mental image of fraisie in a nurse suit feeding a baggy eyed driblbing patchou blended up food with a spoon while he is still playing his game :P

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Menthix on 02-01-2005 at 11:30 PM

quote:
itwill go in private beta in about a week I guess.
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I thought the new version was gonna be released when MSN Messenger 7 final comes out (This Feb)
Depending on how much changes from the 3.40 beta to 3.50 and how many bugs are found i guess private beta testing will take somewhere in between 1 to 3 weeks. It's a pure guess though, but a new Plus! version in februari is possible when i read Patchou's post here.

On the other hand...
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou a few weeks ago
You see, I've been waiting for Xenosaga 2 (a game on PS2) for the past 15 months and it's finally going to be released on February 15th. So, here is the deal: to play to this game at its full potential, I first have to play Xenosaga 1 from beginning to end, which should take about a week. Then, I anticipate that it will take at least another 10 days to complete episode 2, which means that between February 7th and March 1st, I probably won't give any sign that I'm alive as I'll be stuck in front of my TV .

I'm still working a lot on Plus! 3.50 but I unfortunately have to say that Idoubt very much that the version will be completed by February 7th, which means that you'll probably have to wait until around March 15th before you can get your hands on this new release. I'll continue to do my best to try to release before that but I can't promise anything (GFD, if you read this, please respond to my emails!! ).
Hmmm... only 7 days left before Patchou turns into a gaming zombie. Maybe we do have to wait until March then.

Or Patchou can just turn 3.40 BETA into final (with all the latest fixes) once MSN7 comes out and wait with 3.50 until after the zombie period :). I personally rather wait a month more and have a nice stable release then have a buggy release just because the release date is synchronized with MSN7.

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Fredzz on 02-03-2005 at 02:29 AM

we;re in february already :D :D now lets wait :|

made my 200th post :o):o)

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by aNILEator on 02-04-2005 at 05:53 PM

just a description of the new feature will do i'm not bothered about a screenshot if its not been created yet :P

but this isn't like the normal patchou at all.

Your usually a good scheduled boy Cyril...

RE: [split] Screenshots of exciting new Plus! feature? by Patchou on 02-04-2005 at 08:13 PM

Ok everyone, that's settled: a description and screenshots of what's to come in Messenger Plus! 3.50 will be released monday, in exclusivity on mess.be and neowin.net :).