Shoutbox

Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! (/showthread.php?tid=37656)

Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by paperless on 01-29-2005 at 04:52 PM

Yesterday while i was on ign.com site reading about some news about Sony PSP i saw an ad.. it was a link for alienguise.

Its some kind of a pack to style your windows icons wallpaper and visual styles to alienware..oh forgot to mention the wmplayer skin..

Heres a screenshot in my PC

[Image: attachment.php?pid=370430]

Site: http://www.alienware.com/Standalone_Pages/alienguise.aspx

Enjoy it..

RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by .blade// on 01-29-2005 at 04:54 PM

Firstly, shrink the screenshot.

Seccondly, this is blatent spam :spam:. I can get a theme pack that makes my PC look exactly like it's running OS X or Longhorn, but I don't post that on the forums :P

RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by uberdosis on 02-03-2005 at 04:31 PM

Thirdly, Alienware sucks. Its for noobs who want to think they are leet because they buy a fully rigged out pc and cant build it themselfs. Also their cases are ugly.

RE: RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by M73A on 02-03-2005 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
Firstly, shrink the screenshot.

Seccondly, this is blatent spam :spam:. I can get a theme pack that makes my PC look exactly like it's running OS X or Longhorn, but I don't post that on the forums :P

oh yea blade?.......... where you get them then, lol
RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by .blade// on 02-03-2005 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
oh yea blade?.......... where you get them then, lol

http://www.wincustomize.com/
RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by user27089 on 02-03-2005 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis
Thirdly, Alienware sucks. Its for noobs who want to think they are leet because they buy a fully rigged out pc and cant build it themselfs. Also their cases are ugly.

Alienware computers are the best computers out there, I would rather somebody else built my pc if I didn't have the time or anything alike. I don't think that you have all of your information right, I doubt a noob would buy an alien pc, most people can build a pc, they just don't want to, I know it saves money, but Alienware are great pc's, and you choose what you want in it anyway...

The Cases are very... unique.

Btw, the whole package isn't very nice at all to be honest...
RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by Pr0xY on 02-03-2005 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis

Alienware computers are the best computers out there, I would rather somebody else built my pc if I didn't have the time or anything alike. I don't think that you have all of your information right, I doubt a noob would buy an alien pc, most people can build a pc, they just don't want to, I know it saves money, but Alienware are great pc's, and you choose what you want in it anyway...

The Cases are very... unique.

Btw, the whole package isn't very nice at all to be honest...
I agree, Alienware computers are up there at the top of my list. 

I already have this theme, it's nice, but there are alot better ones out there.  Its cool to have if you have an alienware computer though... makes you look leet :P
RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by saralk on 02-03-2005 at 05:28 PM

You can't really use the "you could build a pc and save loads of money" argument,  I could walk home instead of taking the bus and it would save loads of money, but it takes more time and the opportunity cost is great.

But IMO Alienware PCs aren't that great, i think they are overpriced and i think people are paying a lot of money on style.

RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by user27089 on 02-03-2005 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
But IMO Alienware PCs aren't that great, i think they are overpriced and i think people are paying a lot of money on style.

They are great pc's. period.... they look great and are great.
RE: RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by Titty on 02-03-2005 at 06:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
You can't really use the "you could build a pc and save loads of money" argument,  I could walk home instead of taking the bus and it would save loads of money, but it takes more time and the opportunity cost is great.

I as well think that Alienware pcs shouldn't be more distinguished than one built by yourself.  They're good computers, but overly priced.  Their cases are extremely well-known (if you ever see their logo or case, you would recognize it immediately), but everyone has their tastes.  I think it's an alright case.  It's not my favorite. ;p

RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by megamuff on 02-03-2005 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Yesterday while i was on ign.com site reading about some news about Sony PSP i saw an ad.. it was a link for alienguise.

Its some kind of a pack to style your windows icons wallpaper and visual styles to alienware..oh forgot to mention the wmplayer skin..

Heres a screenshot in my PC

[Image: attachment.php?pid=370430]

Site: http://www.alienware.com/Standalone_Pages/alienguise.aspx

Enjoy it..

wow, you are like, the ultimate ad banner! not only can no client side firewall or security method block you, but you snuggle nicely between other posts on this forum!
RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by Osiris on 02-03-2005 at 10:01 PM

how dyu get your clock like that? ie in the background.

RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by user27089 on 02-04-2005 at 08:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Osiris
how dyu get your clock like that? ie in the background.

Its part of the GUI I think...
RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by Osiris on 02-04-2005 at 05:35 PM

im not sure it is, because i tried out the alienware gui and that wasnt there, also, i changed it back to normal - because i dont really like it using windowsblinds - but half the icons didnt change back. Does anyone know how i can change all my icons back to default?

RE: Like Alienware style?..Download AlienGUIse! by user27089 on 02-04-2005 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Osiris
im not sure it is, because i tried out the alienware gui and that wasnt there, also, i changed it back to normal - because i dont really like it using windowsblinds - but half the icons didnt change back. Does anyone know how i can change all my icons back to default?

If you're using stylexp, then there is an option in there where you can change your icons back to default 8-).