Shoutbox

Slipknot Concert Last night - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Slipknot Concert Last night (/showthread.php?tid=37687)

Slipknot Concert Last night by Pyroteq on 01-30-2005 at 05:47 AM

Wow... I went to the slipknot concert last night (supported by Hatebreed and Daysend) F**k it was AWSOME!

Everyone went off for Vermillion,Duality, and wait and bleed.. It was crazy.. I lost my shoe in the mosh- lol

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by *Saint* on 01-30-2005 at 05:48 AM

lol where was the concert

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Pyroteq on 01-30-2005 at 05:53 AM

Eminem sucks.

Hordon Pavillion ,Sydney, Australia

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by SkinT Resurection on 01-30-2005 at 05:54 AM

In Australia....
I went to one is Saskatoon

[Off-Topic]
WDZ can you please email me, about me being banned! please.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by *Saint* on 01-30-2005 at 05:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Eminem sucks.

Hordon Pavillion ,Sydney, Australia
how could you say that lol

SkinT Resurection arent you undermining the rules
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by SkinT Resurection on 01-30-2005 at 05:59 AM

My friend made an account here and we've been switching off Fable and computer.
I could show yuo guys that he is here with me, hes playing Fable right now.
The reason I'm banned is b/c 2 accounts with same IP, but now its 3....b/c of this new one.

PS: I dislikes Eminem and rap all together.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by wj on 01-30-2005 at 06:04 AM

Dont evade the temp ban and you'll be back here in no time.

Register another account and you'll be perma banned.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by *Saint* on 01-30-2005 at 06:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SkinT Resurection

PS: I dislikes Eminem and rap all together.

your all against me

now back to this slipnot thing tell me 1 song and ill listen to it because never heard a song from that guy

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 06:06 AM

i find eminems songs hard to understand, he talks real fast:S

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by *Saint* on 01-30-2005 at 06:08 AM

there is less about that slipnot and more about how bad eminem is:(

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 06:09 AM

dont get me wrong, eminem is good, i just cant always understand him

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by wj on 01-30-2005 at 06:11 AM

I really dont like rap (Espically Eminem) but Linkin Park I'm ok with (namly numb encore with Jay Z)

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 06:12 AM

i like linkin park to

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Pyroteq on 01-30-2005 at 06:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Saint

never heard a song from that guy

Its a band, Of 9 Guys. Listen to.. Duality, Vermillion or Wait And Bleed
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by *Saint* on 01-30-2005 at 06:22 AM

9!! lol thats alot im more used to 1 lol ok ill tell you what i think later about those

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by azn angel on 01-30-2005 at 06:32 AM

quote:
Its a band, Of 9 Guys. Listen to.. Duality, Vermillion or Wait And Bleed
awesome songs! they are playing at the bigdayout which would have been sooooooo awesome to go to but i couldnt :(
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Ash_ on 01-30-2005 at 08:29 AM

in my opinion Eminem is a lyrical genius, i dont understand why he sings about being a faggiet / tapping his mum / and the new stuff about little boys.

the only 2 songs i like from eminem are Toy Soldiers and Hallie's Song because there isnt any gay / mum tapping inuendo in them.

and i woulda liked to go to Big Day Out to azn :{

and as for the first post, i havent heard of any of those bands apart from Slipknot.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by ripdown on 01-30-2005 at 08:32 AM

to tell you the truth you saying rap sux doesnt make it suck... maybe you dont like it but that doesnt mean it sux.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by saralk on 01-30-2005 at 09:50 AM

i dont really like slipknot, i think they are really really sad. Its not actually music they sing, they just shout down the mics, and you get little kiddies going "im hardcore, gimmie some  horns"

eminem i dont really like either, he's a bit too much of a biggot for my liking.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by user27089 on 01-30-2005 at 10:42 AM

To answer saints question.

The band comprises of 8 or 9 people, I can't remember their names, but the lead singer, whom I believe you are talking about is called corey taylor. The whole band wear masks to make it a mystery, but Slipknot split up a few years ago, but are back together again, this revealed the true identity of a few of the band members, such as Corey Taylor was in some band (can't remember), Joey Jordison (the drum player) was the guitar player in the murderdolls...

Here are pics of each person:

Corey Taylor:
[Image: 13.jpg]

[Image: 200coreytaylorphoto.jpg]

Joey Jordison:
[Image: Joey-Jordison.jpg]

[Image: joeyjordison.gif]

Mick Thompson (Lead Guitar):

[Image: 13.jpg]

[Image: 150chuckrip.gif]

I can't be bothered to searchfor any more :p:

Click for full size Image
[Image: Slipknot%20Masks.JPG]

They're a generally good band with very good guitar  riffs, and when Corey isn't majorly screaming, then its okay music, apparently, to go to one of their concerts is amazing, and  there is a great atmosphere, I'd go, but I don't think they're playing in England again... :(.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Munty on 01-30-2005 at 10:49 AM

SlipKnot own, i find the air inside of me, inside the shell i wair and bleed

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by user27089 on 01-30-2005 at 10:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rono
i find the air inside of me, inside the shell i wair and bleed

I felt the hate rise up in me, kneel down and clear the stone of leaves,  i wonder out  where you can't see, inside my shell I wait and Bleed.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by _Humphreys on 01-30-2005 at 12:48 PM

The only songs I like from Slipknot are : Wait and Bleed (good sound to it) and My Plague as it ruled in the RE movie.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by saralk on 01-30-2005 at 01:03 PM

did anyone go to reading a couple of years ago when slipknot were playing. There were thousands of people at the festival, but hardly anyone went to their stage when slipknot were playing.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by zaidgs on 01-30-2005 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
I really dont like rap (Espically Eminem) but Linkin Park I'm ok with (namly numb encore with Jay Z)
linking park are alternative rock, not rap!! my favorite band is linking park, and i just love alternative rock the most!!! i used to like rap in my old days especially eminem, but not anymore....
slipknot are (i think, correct me if im wrong) thrash metal, they are one of my favorites too.....

the best alternative rockers i like are: linking park, limp bizkit, korn, and papa roach!!!
best thrash metal bands i like are: cradle of filth (u might argue this one is not thrash metal), slayer, venom, slipknot!

if you want to hear some stuff for slipknot, i suggest in addition to those mentioned before: people=shit, and disaster piece!!
RE: RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Twan on 01-30-2005 at 02:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaidgs
quote:
Originally posted by wj
linking park are alternative rock, not rap!! my favorite band is linking park, and i just love alternative rock the most!!!

the best alternative rockers i like are: linking park, limp bizkit, korn, and papa roach!!!

I also go for the alternative rock and for four me also punk :)
From linkin park I LOVE the hybrid theory album.. and I like the meteora album...

but the reanimation (trance remix shit) and the newest peace of shit album with jay z:@ is just a shame .. :( I just hate it :(

My favorite bands are in my sig.

And zaidgs  wich album of papa roach do you like the most ?? I like the last album the most..  It's incredible good :D

About slipknot.. I personally only like a few songs like Duality, wait and bleed and My plague..

But I understand you had a great time scone :D(H)  I went to machine head 2 months ago and It also was great..!! :)
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by user27089 on 01-30-2005 at 05:29 PM

All of the linkin park albums are remakes of their previous albums with a twist... its just lame, they should come up with some more material, i swear...

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by zaidgs on 01-30-2005 at 05:41 PM

for papa roach i like the album: getting away with murder (their latest i suppose), i got lovehate tragedy too, and i like it so much!
i havent heard the linkin park's with jay-z, i see that u think its rubbish, but i'll probably buy it just to "check it out myself"
i like all other linkin park's works including re-animation, but love meteora the most!! most of the time remixes arent good, but i think re-animation is just fine....
i love avril lavigne which is punk i suppose!!! in addition, listen to metalica (for sure ;)), evanesence (also thats a must), nirvana, megadeth, anathema, they all ROCK (it works in both meanings :P)!!!

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by user27089 on 01-30-2005 at 05:42 PM

I'm into most things, but at the moment I'm liking Hoobastank very much, I have Hoobastank - The reason, its such an amazing album, get that!!! Its awesome.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by zaidgs on 01-30-2005 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
All of the linkin park albums are remakes of their previous albums with a twist... its just lame, they should come up with some more material, i swear...
meteora comes with new stuff not found in previous albums,
the thing about linkin park's songs are they they'r all talking somehow about the samething, but everytime from a new point of view that with each song u can understand the situation they are describing more deeply...... ok, its really good that u see how closely related songs are which i think is a positive thing not a negative!!
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by John Anderton on 01-30-2005 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
i find eminems songs hard to understand, he talks real fast
Thats why we use lyrics :)
Try lose yourself it has a real nice message. 1st para is awesome.
Dont know anything bout slipknow but there is a sting concert in my country soon (feb 1st and 3rd)

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Edna Mode on 01-31-2005 at 01:42 PM

ive already listened to lose yourself, its one of the few i know

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by uberdosis on 02-03-2005 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Eminem sucks.
And so does slipknot, linkin park, papa roach and jay-z
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by user27089 on 02-03-2005 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis
quote:
Eminem sucks.
And so does slipknot, linkin park, papa roach and jay-z

Can I ask you why you're constantly putting people down, have you hear Jayz - Black books (the album)... most of the songs on that are absolutely amazing... Papa Roach and Linkin Park are okay... Slipknot are quite good... Do you listen to the music, not just the singer, personally, I listen to the lead guitar, rhythm guitar, percussion and bass guitar a lot of the time. I know what effort that they put in...
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by saralk on 02-03-2005 at 05:39 PM

everyone has a different tastes in music (except for 12 year olds who try and find the hardest rock, or mosh to busted). I myself like music that is raw and not put through 15 different synthesisers to mask their true voice (ala Avril)

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Purity on 02-04-2005 at 02:12 AM

I am a very big slipknot fan I have been a fan forever...
Saralk they  don't just scream into the mic, if you listened to their newalbum you owuld understand, trying listneing to, Vermilion pt2, vermilion, duality.... They diversified...All people really do is judje them by what they look like...  :/  For people that don't like them I think you should give them another chance, listen to some songs from the new album.....

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by user27089 on 02-04-2005 at 08:12 AM

Personally, I like a variety of music, rather than a particular sort, I listen to stuff like DMX and 2pac, hoobastank, goo goo dolls, greenday, loads of crap really, heck, the beatles, burt bacharac, I'll upload my playlist and you can see what music I have.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Pipish on 02-04-2005 at 08:28 AM

My input

slipknot is a very sucessfull band and they make a lot of money.
  i am not going to say they suck cause they dont that music is not my style basicly when people say for example jayz sucks u may knoe that eminem takes hacks at jayz in his songs eminem is the most influential singer i know one minute u hate him next you love him most people who say jayz sucks or jarule sucks must listen to emininem and his songs i am not an eminem lover i hate his popular ones and his serious ones but his funny ones are very amusing:).
  another example is when somone says the beatles suck there wrong and they know it the beatles are the best and always will be the best and no other band singer in the world can surpass them

Some may say my music taste sucks when somone says that i feel like punching them in the face its personal opinion and i will not be purswaded by some loser who says the beatles suck i do not listen to the beatles btw

i hope that clears it all up for everyone:)

(except for 12 year olds who try and find the hardest rock, or mosh to busted). I myself like music that is raw and not put through 15 different synthesisers to mask their true voice (ala Avril)  i am not the steroetype 12 yr old i do not stick with the group and metal is not my style:) pr0xy were you like that when you were 12

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Purity on 02-04-2005 at 10:07 PM

Slipknot 'Is' a very successful band:
People don't really give them much of a chance though....
My music changes quite a bit, but even though it changes I still like slipknot, like one week I'll feel like listening to System of a Down, or Greenday, or maybe even country:\, it changes alot....

quote:
The Renegade of Funk.
asher that is an awsome song.:P

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by zaidgs on 02-05-2005 at 02:12 AM

did you know that some people think britney spears is good!!!
i find that totally crap,,, still understandable:
u cannot compare singers across different music categories, britney is a pop singer, anyone who likes pop might like her, but i find pop crap so its no way for me to like her!!
eminem is rap, back in the days when i liked rap i found him to be the first in his category,, and for those who are not into rock\metal i dont think u should try to rate linkin park, slipknot, ... etc!!!
personally i am into rock\metal, and particularily alternative rock.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by *Saint* on 02-05-2005 at 02:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
i find eminems songs hard to understand, he talks real fast:S

for her and the people who think like her :)

its a 45 second clip slowed down so you can understand(Y)
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Panachiba on 02-05-2005 at 02:17 AM

and Radiohead concert ..Slipkont is bored..

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 03:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Saint
for her and the people who think like her :)

its a 45 second clip slowed down so you can understand(Y)

haha, thankyou very much
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by *Saint* on 02-05-2005 at 03:50 AM

your welcome:)

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Edna Mode on 02-05-2005 at 03:52 AM

it was weird when i opened it coz it said my winzip had expired (trial version) and yet i still used it

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by *Saint* on 02-05-2005 at 04:06 AM

thats used ot happen but i got regestered version

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Pr0xY on 02-05-2005 at 05:07 AM

I dont care what anyone says, Jay-Z owns..... him and Dr D. are the two best rappers out there

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by wacky on 04-03-2005 at 10:19 PM

quote:
linking park are alternative rock, not rap!! my favorite band is linking park, and i just love alternative rock the most!!! i used to like rap in my old days especially eminem, but not anymore....
slipknot are (i think, correct me if im wrong) thrash metal, they are one of my favorites too.....

best thrash metal bands i like are: cradle of filth (u might argue this one is not thrash metal), slayer, venom, slipknot!

if you want to hear some stuff for slipknot, i suggest in addition to those mentioned before: people=shit, and disaster piece!!
eeek.... you've got some learning to do :P

linkin park arent alternative rock. Well yeah but more rap-rock.
Slipknot are nu-metal.. not thrash :S
korn are nu-metal
cradle of filth are symphonic black metal (good band :happy:)
and venom are black metal.. they created black metal dude! (awsome band)

I've been learning about genres for a good while so dont try arguing with me :S
quote:
i love avril lavigne which is punk i suppose!!!
sorry to tell you but she's in the category of pop. You have no idea what punk is huh? go get some Casualties songs or some Discharge songs. Those are real punk...

with all that cleared, lets talk about slipknot to get back on topic. They came down to montreal not so long ago but I didnt go. Joey is one sexy man but I wouldnt go see them just for him :P I have 2 of their albums but I aint as much into them as I used to be so I wouldnt go to one of their shows :-/ they're alright though. Wait and Bleed is my fav song.
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Joa on 04-03-2005 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
Jay-Z owns..... him and Dr D.

dr. dre yeah... and jay-z too, but he "adapts" too many songs of other people... sure he makes them sound better.. and sure i listen to them, and all his albums sell like crazy..

:-/ i had a point.
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by paperless on 04-03-2005 at 10:47 PM

Duality kicks ass its the best of them and one of my favorite songs

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Purity on 04-04-2005 at 12:16 AM

Bah, not suppose to bring up old threads....:P

But ya, of course it's a good song....you should hear it live....:P

Bah, everything sounds better live IMO....:cheesy:

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Pyroteq on 04-04-2005 at 08:53 AM

I Didnt listen to slipknot for a week after i came back, it was all so boring after hearing it live

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by King For A Day on 04-04-2005 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Motty
SlipKnot own, i find the air inside of me, inside the shell i wair and bleed

i always thought that song was about coreys flatulence :P
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by chris on 04-04-2005 at 09:39 AM

Rap(Y) i like Andre Nickatina, Mac Dre, Cougnut, Equipto and all the bay area underground rap from USA (H)

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Purity on 04-04-2005 at 01:30 PM

quote:
I Didnt listen to slipknot for a week after i came back, it was all so boring after hearing it live
It felt weird listening to them not liev :-/

I still liked their music but I liked it live better, and it seemed like nothing when I listened to them not live...
RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by -Bogan- on 04-05-2005 at 10:57 AM

I love hip-hop my fav artists have to be Beastie boys,Run DMC, Hilltop hoods. There all awesome.
I went to the big day out and saw Slipknot they were awesome and I also saw System Of A Down, Beastie bOys.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by user27089 on 04-05-2005 at 11:48 AM

I really like Rap and Everything, and IMO, Eminem is just a wanabe rapper... He's made it far because there are loads of these young people out there that think they're gangster, if you want the proper rap, you should go for Wu-Tang Clan, (Method Man, RedMan etc...), Jayz... 2pac, dmx... they're all amazing...

but if you want metal etc.. I could just keep the list going on :p.

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by -Bogan- on 04-05-2005 at 12:31 PM

But traxor do u think The beastie boys and Run DMC are not real rappers.

Thats all I want to know

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by user27089 on 04-05-2005 at 12:32 PM

Well, I can't really say anything, I know that Run DMC are definitely rappers, they're verry old school and quite good, never really listened to the Beastie Boys much...

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by dotNorma on 04-06-2005 at 02:54 AM

Im not for Slipknot, nor could I go to a concert for them. It looks to much like a teen influenced version of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre with the masks...

RE: Slipknot Concert Last night by Purity on 04-06-2005 at 03:30 AM

Beasty boys is the only rap I'll ever like...:rolleyes: