Shoutbox

shutdown - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: shutdown (/showthread.php?tid=37695)

shutdown by dylan! on 01-30-2005 at 08:47 AM

my computer keeps shutting down automatically and freezing and it wont stop!i still have lots of free space and evrything so i was wondering if i might have spyware or something or if anyone else has any ideas on wut could be happening...?

RE: shutdown by Eljay on 01-30-2005 at 08:51 AM

well most obvious thing to do is scan for viruses. also do a disk defrag as this can sometimes help.

RE: shutdown by dylan! on 01-30-2005 at 08:52 AM

i tried nothing has come up:S

anyone else with some suggestions...cause its really Pi***ng me off

RE: shutdown by Eljay on 01-30-2005 at 09:08 AM

did u do a defrag?

RE: shutdown by dylan! on 01-30-2005 at 09:08 AM

yes i did

do you have any other sugestions othr then defrag....i did it already

RE: shutdown by saralk on 01-30-2005 at 09:42 AM

how long have you had your pc for, there may be a physical problem with it, i.e. the whole thing is clogged up with crap

RE: shutdown by dylan! on 01-30-2005 at 09:44 AM

only about a year...im so confused its screwing up left right and center and i dont know anythign about it:S

RE: shutdown by f1d0d1d08989 on 01-30-2005 at 10:26 AM

You can try to reformat your PC and install windows again...My PC always has this problem, as there is a defect with the motherboard.
I reformat my PC every eight months or so, or when theres a problem. Maybe you can try to reformat it...

Btw, dont double post, use the Edit button :D

RE: shutdown by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 10:26 AM

this problem sounds familiar, to me, becuase i to have the problem, my computer just keeps freezing up and since my comps are networked when the main one freezez i get kicked of my comp:dodgy:

RE: shutdown by _Humphreys on 01-30-2005 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
this problem sounds familiar, to me, becuase i to have the problem, my computer just keeps freezing up and since my comps are networked when the main one freezez i get kicked of my comp

The best thing to do is to get the network seriesed so you don't have to have a certain pc on to have the network running.
RE: shutdown by Edna Mode on 01-30-2005 at 11:30 AM

yeh i guess, somebody is coming to have a look at it next week anyway

RE: shutdown by dylan! on 01-30-2005 at 06:15 PM

well last night i redid windows and it hasnt froze since...thnx evryone:>

RE: shutdown by lizard.boy on 01-31-2005 at 06:01 PM

windows will naturally go down hill if you dont maintiain it. sometimes a reformat is the only thing that will help, but if you keep an up-to-date virus scanner, and an adware scanner, as well as defrag your disk. you should be fine.

(on that not i recently removed 350 viruses from a windows 95 machine :P)

RE: shutdown by Fredzz on 02-03-2005 at 02:52 AM

if the problem continues you might have some electrical house problems, like unstable voltage on your thing connected to the computer AFAIK

RE: shutdown by megamuff on 02-03-2005 at 08:22 PM

does your processor happen to have a temperature monitor built into it? the problem may be with the temperature of the processor.. try checking it's temperature, if it is over 40 degrees celcius then that could very well be the problem, if that is the case then upgrade your cooling. :P my computer has this cooling problem and windows has crashed because of it a few times.

RE: shutdown by Striker on 02-07-2005 at 09:18 PM

that sort of thing was happening to me.. ended up my board was dying. so this could be a hardware issue.. check your power supply. things like that