Shoutbox

msgplus logo?!?! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: msgplus logo?!?! (/showthread.php?tid=37722)

msgplus logo?!?! by MC.POP on 01-30-2005 at 08:24 PM

are we allowed to use msgplus logo in our sigs or avatars? or is it a violation.

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by John Anderton on 01-30-2005 at 08:28 PM

I think its allowed cause lots of ppl have them there.

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by MC.POP on 01-30-2005 at 08:38 PM

weel yeah i saw some but its been a while i didnt see any of them

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by WDZ on 01-30-2005 at 09:00 PM

I assume that since we're on the official MsgPlus forums, it's OK... :p

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by _Humphreys on 01-30-2005 at 09:20 PM

Yeah I agree my sig/av roxors. :p I was thinking about wether I could use the plus! logo or not but I came to the conclusion Patchou/Guido wouldn't mind.

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by Kryptonate on 01-30-2005 at 09:23 PM

the logo is made as a smilie so why shouldn't be allowed to use it? :) as long as you don't claim a logo to be yours you're allowed to use as your avatar or signature (unless otherwise said)

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by Patchou on 01-31-2005 at 05:29 AM

Yes you can use the logo in your signature, as it's doing free advertisement for my program ;). You can also optionally add something like "Patchou is the greatest guy in the world", that's also allowed.

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by John Anderton on 01-31-2005 at 05:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Yes you can use the logo in your signature, as it's doing free advertisement for my program

Does that mean i can even use it in my email sig ? Also i use the random avatar script so my sigs and avatar not only go here but also go to my forums and a few other of my accounts. So if i include the logo then will that be ok.
Free advertisement ! We'll do that netime 4 u patch !! U just keep making the software and we will keep promoting it.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
You can also optionally add something like "Patchou is the greatest guy in the world", that's also allowed.
:dodgy: But its true. I salute u for all the gr8 work ur doing. Keep up the good work and i hope to use the upcomming plus!
RE: msgplus logo?!?! by .Roy on 02-01-2005 at 05:05 PM

why not it helps patchou with advertisments..

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by user13774 on 02-01-2005 at 05:07 PM

You can also use one of these:

http://www.msgplus.net/banners.php

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by user27089 on 02-01-2005 at 05:45 PM

The only other place you can't use it on, I think, are for logos on your websites etc. Even if its about msgplus, you first must email patchou and ask :banana:... But you should ask guido aswell :s.

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by user35870 on 02-01-2005 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
guido aswell
i take it guido is  GFDD.net
?
RE: msgplus logo?!?! by user27089 on 02-01-2005 at 06:08 PM

probably... It might just be GFD I'm not sure though, I'll check it out ;).

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by Stigmata on 02-01-2005 at 06:17 PM

quote:
probably... It might just be GFD I'm not sure though, I'll check it out ;).

look at the bottom of the page :)

guido = gfd :D

http://www.gfdd.net/
RE: msgplus logo?!?! by user27089 on 02-01-2005 at 06:19 PM

I know that guido = gfd, hence the:

quote:
It might just be GFD I'm not sure though

:)...

Well yeah, I read the bottom, but only scim read it... I missed it somehow :(.
RE: msgplus logo?!?! by _Humphreys on 02-01-2005 at 06:33 PM

quote:
The only other place you can't use it on, I think, are for logos on your websites etc. Even if its about msgplus, you first must email patchou and ask ... But you should ask guido aswell .

Not enitirely true traxor :

Are you a webmaster? do you want to promote Messenger Plus! on your web site? It couldn't be easier! We provide you with the banners and the HTML code to do so.

Taking from : http://www.msgplus.net/banners.php.
RE: msgplus logo?!?! by user27089 on 02-01-2005 at 06:40 PM

I'm not talking about banners, if you would've read my post, I'm talking about the logo, and if your site is to do with plus!, then you can't have their logo everywhere and stuff... You must first ask your permission... I'm not talking about anything else here, no banners, sigs, avatars, whatever... Just the Plus! 2 Logo

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by _Humphreys on 02-01-2005 at 06:43 PM

Still wouldn't it be given plus! advertisement? Therefore Patchou/Guido wouldn't care?

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by user27089 on 02-01-2005 at 06:50 PM

To stigmata's deleted reply:

No, I think you'll find that I asked for permission to use the logos a while back after I made the first sponsor uninstallation video... The letter that I sent to him was just something I wanted to do for a while...

I didn't mention anything about Messenger Plus! in it... it was on patchou's accord about the beta thing... not mine, I was just extatic when he mentioned it :s.

Oh yeah, and his reply was, I could use it as long as I put that I wasn't at all affiliated with msgplus.net and the owner.

quote:
Originally posted by website

Messenger Plus!
This site, the creator and its users are not affiliated with Msgplus.net or Patchou, this is being done out of our own free will to help the users of plus! and to make their use of plus! more exciting.

RE: msgplus logo?!?! by KeyStorm on 02-01-2005 at 07:05 PM

Sigh, I hope we may use the :spam: smiley, too :rolleyes:

I think I wouldn't have any avatar if it wasn't for somehow adding the MP! logo on them. :P