Shoutbox

Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D (/showthread.php?tid=37846)

Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-02-2005 at 08:40 PM

Newest Version is Beta V. 0.4.11, look in the end of this post!

- NEW VERSION!!! V. 0.2.75 -

- What's New? -

- Complete Installer, so no hazzle with registring or anything, just run and you are ready to go!

- Telnet/Remote Support added security, needs to be enabled, and Username/Password is now avaible

- Start audio/video with contact(Send request, not accept)

- Automatically detect if port is used, then add 1+ to the port number (Fixes the issue when using Polygamy MSN, but does still not support Polygamy MSN's)

- Fixed up a few bugs!

- Commands Avaiable -

Status Change
Set Nickname
Signout, Signin Automatic, Signin Manuel
Main Window, Show, Hide, Close
Shutdown MSN, Gracefull, Force Close Convo's, Task Kill, Reload Plugins
Start Conversation with a contact
Send text to a contact
Block/Unblock/Change Block on a contact... (couldn't get groups working:()
Start Audio/Video with contact
Open Webpage with default browser

- To-do List -

- Fix more bugs, if any?
- Close Tabbed Convo support
- Polygamy support

- Copy of the Readme File included -
- What is this? -

This is in general a plugin that enables you to create shortcuts(ordinary shortcuts that windows use, *.lnk files) to control you MSN Messenger, like status change, and nick change, etc.
You use the shortcut creater in this plugin, choose the specified action, and then choose folder and filename and then create the shortcut.
When this shortcut is run, it will send the command to the plugin and the plugin will then run/do the command.
This is done using so called "Command Arguements", which is the extra text set after the folder/filename in the Properties Dialog of the shortcut.
The way this plugin is programmed it enables you to run the command from any other program that is able to run an Executable File incl. Command Arguements, ex. Samurize, MSG Plus! Schedular, Logitech iTouch... You name it.. :D..
This plugin also enables you to Telnet to the plugin, this in general means you can control you MSN Messenger away from home.
The possibilites are endless!

- How to use? -

When you have installed the plugin, start MSN Messenger, then either
1 - go to the menu Plus -> Preference -> Plugins and select "Shortcut Plugin By CyBeRDuDe" and press the button Configure
Or
2 - Open a conversation window and enter "/xscshortcut" (without quotes) and press enter.

Now you are at the main window, here you choose the action you want the shortcut to do, then press the Add Command to list" button, then you can add another command (multiple commands) to the list, and so on(If needed).
When done, choose wether you want to save to a custom Directory(browse for folder, or enter one), or Desktop or in the Start Menu Folder. If you choose custom, then click the button browse, and select the folder, if you choose desktop or start menu, then in the text field you can specify a sub directory, the directy will automatically be created if it does not exist.
Now enter a filename of the shortcut.
If you want the shortcut to another Icon than the origrinal Icon, then please choose the Icon location(can be from a Exe file, Dll File or Ico File...)
Then type in a description if you want to.
Click the Create Shortcut, and Voila! There you go! :D...

- Using telnet/Remote Support? -

If you only want to try this localy on your computer you don't need to do any settings, and the Username and Password will not be needed, but if you want to control your Messenger away from home, you will have to go the Shortcut Plugin Options Dialog and Enable "Remote Support", and then enter a Username and Password (These are not needed, but advised!!!!)
If you want to use telnet to connect to the plugin, go to start - run and type in "telnet".
when the program has started type in "o 127.0.0.1 1600", where "127.0.0.1" is the IP on your computer, in this case you Local IP. The "1600" is the Port where it connects to, this can be changes in the options dialog in the plugin(1600 is default).
When connected press Ctrl + Enter, that means hold down Ctrl, and then press the Enter key, then you will activate Telnet/Remote Support. (In programming language this is the Chr(10) code, aka. Ascii character 10.)
Then you are ready to send command to the plugin. Ex: "status=awy" (without quotes) would set your Messenger status to Away, please check in Shortcut Dialog to get to know the commands avaiable

Note: To use this feature away from home, you properly need to configure your firewall or router, if you have any, to direct the connection, I will NOT give any help on this subject.
Please use a Username and Password to prevent other users to mess with your Messenger!

- Technical FAQ: -

This plugin uses the Microsoft Winsock Control, and the VB Runtime files, and Microsoft Common Dialog controls, these files are most likely on most computers running Win XP and some Windows below, so there should be no problems(Hopefully!)
This plugin is using the Messenger API, but is created in such a way that it doesn't need to have Windows Messenger installed, and doesn't run it in the background (YAY!!! :D)

Been tested with:
Win XP Pro
MSN Messenger Beta 7.0.425
Messenger Plus! Beta 3.40.110

It should be compatiable with most machines running Win XP, and maybe also under, but I do not give any guarantee!!!
Please Post in The Forum Thread if you experience any problems!

Known bugs:

This release is the second release of this plugin, only a few people have been testing it yet, so there is properly gonna be some bugs and errors, but please report this in the Forum Thread for the plugin (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=37846), and I will try to take a look at it. But please remember this is only a BETA, which means that you can't count on anything.

- "shutdown=forceclose" command which closes the open conversation windows before exiting MSN Messenger is not compatible with SPNG's Tabbed Conversation, and properly not with any other Tabbed Convo Software, this will be fixed in a later version.

- Because the plugin runs through MSG Plus! then it will automatically have so called "Visual Theme XP Support", which makes my VB forms look like the XP theme you are using. This can cause some problems if you are using a non standard Theme. The forms buttons can seem a litle wierd(you can't see the full text of the button) and other various Glithes may occure, this is not anything that harms the Plugin or the use of the plugin, this is only some visaul glithes. Don't take these so seriously, this may be fixed later, but don't expect it!

- Doesn't Support Polygamy MSN (Multiple Clients) yet!... But bugs occuring when opening a new client should be fixed, but not fully tested yet.

- I'm not sure about compatability with OS's, MSN Messenger Clients, Windows Messenger, Messenger Plus! Versions, but please report if you have any problems, and give me the info I need!

Update:

New update V. 0.2.79 avaiable

News:
- Reset Added commands on cancel
- Reset/Clear All Button added
- Full Command Arguement Text Field now fixed

Nothing really new, just a quick fix up

Update:

New Update V. 0.3.00 Out!

News:
- Added audio and video to the Shortcut Creater
- Popup Notify using MSGPlus! DislapyToast
- Added web command
- Making it possible for the plugin to read in a file, for the commands to execute
- Added 1 easteregg
- Added some more time in the installer, to make sure that MSN is all closed before copying the files to the Plugin Folder.. should prevent problems about not being updated correctly, but the time now may not be enough for it to work 100% of times
- A few bug fixes

Please tell me about the Popup Toasts, which functions should it not display, I personally think that Convo could be left out from this one, but until now I have added Popup to all functions...
I personllay don't like this to much, since it's very slow, it shows the popup a few seconds after the command has been executed, this is not my fault.. I can't do anything about this(At least, this happens on my computer, but maybe not on others)!...

Update:
New Update Version 0.4.00 is out! :D

News:
- Commands where you specify contact or groups now gets your contact/group list and enables you to choose from that list
- Close all open convo's
- Close specific convo(With active)
- Sendtext now supports active window
- Sendfile (2 different methods, method 1 is recommended, it's the most reliable, and supports send to active convo)
- Delay function in seconds, supports up to somewhat 32.000 seconds, almost 9 hours of delay.. if that isn't enough just put more delays.. supports multiple delay commands running, meaning don't worry about starting a shortcut with a delay in if a delayed command is already running

This is going to be one of the last release of this plugin, I will now start on second part of this plugin called "Shortcut Plugin EE" (EE = Extended Edition)... The new EE version will have the same looks, gui, and everything will be the same, except this new version will have lots of new cool functions/commands, but in order to archive these extra features the plugin requires Windows Messenger to be installed...
So from now on you will get 2 options to choose from, this standard version which is guaranteed to work without having WM installed, and the new EE version which needs to have WM installed thus having much more features...

This standard version will still be mainted and will be updated with bugfixes, and also needs to support Polygamy MSN, and Tabbed Convo, but this is not going to happen right now... So for now, check out the new 0.4.00 version, and keep an out for the EE version expected first release some time next week...

Update:
Quick fix version 0.4.01

- Options to NOT clear file, when reading from file
- Moved the contact listing a bit up again.. :D:P

Update:
Version 0.4.11
- Fixed a few bugs
- Added Sendfile to the creator, had forgotten to do that before :$

Please Post any Comments, Bugs, Ideas, Etc. here!! :D

Enjoy!!!

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by Ash_ on 02-03-2005 at 11:22 AM

pretty cool, ill stop working on my version now then.

talk to Jaguar on IRC or something, he had some good idea's as far as i can remember

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-03-2005 at 11:37 AM

Hey ash_... :D.. Have you tried it out yet?... I seem to have a few problems... I'm just home at my friends house, trying go get it working.. seems like we can't make it work, on 2 comps, a XP comp, and A win98 comp.. I didn't fully expect it to be compatible with win98 but it seems like the only component missing on this win98 is mswinsck.ocx... I just tried installing that component, but it still doesn't seem to work... I don't know why!! :(.. Can anybody give me a clue on why this plugin might not work on a XP?.. Thought it might be the dll files required, but I know the XP have mswinsck and the vbrun time files and mscomctl... These should be the only required files... Could any of you ppl that have downloadet it please post if it worked for you? or if it didn't work?.. please!!!.. I can't make this better if I don't get any response!

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by Ash_ on 02-03-2005 at 11:43 AM

hmm, if you are using a winsock control to connect the two programs that could be a problem with noobs, thinking theres a trojan running.

does your friend have the vb runtimes, you'll need them for (i havent downloaded your plugin btw) but if you have an actualy exe file that the lnk files call with paramaters, that exe with require the vb runtimes.

have you registered your plus dll because its coded in vb you need to register it. also if you are using the code

code:
Private  WithEvents oMessenger As Messenger.MessengerAPI
then you'll need the latest version of Windows Messenger aswell.

good luck _b
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by -dt- on 02-03-2005 at 11:53 AM

you also have to register the dll like so (just goto start run and type that)

code:
regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\ShortcutPlugin.dll"

edit:
err i cant create shortcuts i load the options dialog up add all my stuff then when i hit create it says i must add alleast 1 command and i dont see a add command thingo?
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-03-2005 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
hmm, if you are using a winsock control to connect the two programs that could be a problem with noobs, thinking theres a trojan running.

does your friend have the vb runtimes, you'll need them for (i havent downloaded your plugin btw) but if you have an actualy exe file that the lnk files call with paramaters, that exe with require the vb runtimes.

have you registered your plus dll because its coded in vb you need to register it. also if you are using the code

code:
Private  WithEvents oMessenger As Messenger.MessengerAPI
then you'll need the latest version of Windows Messenger aswell.

good luck _b

He have the VB runtime files.. He has VB installed... :D:P... I am trying to teach him some programming... so... That's not the problem on the WinXP comp.. It might be on the Win98 machine, but on that machine the executable runs... :S... So I think that the vb runtime files should be alright if the executable part runs...

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
you also have to register the dll like so (just goto start run and type that)
code:
regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\ShortcutPlugin.dll"

Ahh.. might be the problem, but I am just possitivly sure that I did not do that on my computer, it works here without regsvr32'ing the dll file... :S... but i'll try ask him to do that see if it works... :D...

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-

edit:
err i cant create shortcuts i load the options dialog up add all my stuff then when i hit create it says i must add alleast 1 command and i dont see a add command thingo?

OMFG!!! Way to go!!! :D.. hehe.. just released somehow/somewhy(don't know why) I have accidently deleted that button.. it was created and all the code is there.. Shit!!.. Hold on.. i'll just reupload a new version... thx dude!! :D..

Edit:
There you go.. It should be fine now... :D..
Did you "regsvr32" the dll file?.. or did it work for you without doing that?
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by -dt- on 02-03-2005 at 12:14 PM

i had to regsvr32 the file before mine would work downloading the updated file now...

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-03-2005 at 12:32 PM

Thanks dude.. it works now!! :D.. I knew this might have to be done.. But I have never done that on my machine.. So I thought it didn't need to.. I don't know why I don't need to register them.. :S.. I will just add this to the package in the next update, until then ppl will just have to register it manually...

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by -dt- on 02-03-2005 at 12:46 PM

ok well I've tested some of it and it dosn't seem to work like i can make the shortcut
like this one

code:
"C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\Shortcut.exe" /com=nick=(F) dt

when I open it it does nothing dosn't even change my name
if you want me to help you test this more pm me your msn or something so you can solve this .
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-03-2005 at 01:15 PM

hmm.. yeah.. what is gone wrong there.. :S.. It worked last night... But yeah, it doesn't work here neither... only when using telnet support... so.. I'll just check on this.. hold on...

Edit:
Fixed, thx for the report.. :D..

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by M73A on 02-03-2005 at 04:46 PM

in a short setnece what does this plugin do:S

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-03-2005 at 04:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
in a short setnece what does this plugin do:S

Read the top post...
Do a specific action like set nick, status change etc. using a shortcut(windows shortcut, lnk files...)...?
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by user27089 on 02-03-2005 at 04:53 PM

Sweet, I'll have to check it out :).

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-03-2005 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Sweet, I'll have to check it out :).

But please note that it is only Beta, and I'll be working much more on it... :D..
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by John on 02-08-2005 at 09:03 AM

Holy sh*t CyBeRDuDe :|. I didn't know you were so far into making this. I just read the first post and it sounds so friggin awesome! Way better than what I hoped when i thought of the idea. :D I'd really like to be a tester, i'll pm you my msn address.

* Jaguar downloads

[edit] It works perfectly!! :D (Jeez, I'm as excited as a lil kid getting a lollipop.)

Except when i go to Plugins, in the Preference panel, and choose the shortcut plugin, I can't click Configure, it's greyed out. ^o) But the /xscshortcut command works so it's nothing bad. :) Don't worry, it works now. :S Weird, but cool. :D

Another thing, when making a shortcut to change you status, in the statuses  list it should also have your personal statuses I reckon. :)

I'm gonna go play with it some more now, hehe. :o)

[edit2]
Minor bug: It says "Out to Launch" in the statuses list. :P

[edit3]
For any of you that use Serious Samurize, I've made a config file to control MSN Messenger's statuses and sign in/out etc.. :D Have a look:
[Image: msn-samurize.gif]
You can get the config file here (Right click, Save As..) and you can get the images here. (Extract into the Plus! Plugins folder so they're in the right location, (don't ask me why i put them there :P).)

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by Ezra on 02-08-2005 at 04:35 PM

Also when using telnet when you make a mistake you can't use Backspace to change it, it always says "Command not supported", but when i type it right without using backspace it works.

Overall: Very cool plugin :)

RE: RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-08-2005 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Also when using telnet when you make a mistake you can't use Backspace to change it, it always says "Command not supported", but when i type it right without using backspace it works.

Overall: Very cool plugin :)

I know about this, but this is in generally not only my plugin, many things do this when you use Telnet because telnet sends each pressed character.. I'll try looking into this sometime, I will just have to make the plugin recognise the Backspace character and change the recieved message to the edited message.. This can be done! :D...

BTW Check out new version!! :D...

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.75 with Installer! :D by Eljay on 02-08-2005 at 06:22 PM

ill try it out when msn decides to work :P

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.75 with Installer! :D by _Humphreys on 02-08-2005 at 06:26 PM

Thanks (CyBeRDuDe) for making this. The lazy mans msn perfect for me.  :P

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.75 with Installer! :D by DJHasis on 02-08-2005 at 07:06 PM

A little mistake In the About-window there reads 0.2.45 what should be 0.2.47.
But would be nice to have a remove button to remove commands that were written incorrectly and if there could alse be a reset-button so that you can clear all the commands that hasn't been saved so  that when you push Cancel and come back there won't be anything that you wrote the last time.

Sorry for my english but I hope you can understand what I am meaning :P

Damn I don't find the edit-button in this thread but would be nice to have a button or something to disable telnet-support cause it is a bit buggy now.
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.75 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-08-2005 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJHasis
A little mistake In the About-window there reads 0.2.45 what should be 0.2.47.

Hmm.. Shouldn't be... Everything about the version number is picked up from the compiled version number.. so... but ok, check the new version 0.2.75.. it's at least fixed there...

quote:

But would be nice to have a remove button to remove commands that were written incorrectly and if there could alse be a reset-button so that you can clear all the commands that hasn't been saved so  that when you push Cancel and come back there won't be anything that you wrote the last time.

Yes true, this is easy to fix.. just 1 line of code... just a minor bug, will be fixed in next version... :D.. thx for reporting
And the button is already coded, just haven't put the button there, will do that in the next version, didn't think that it would be useable...

quote:

Sorry for my english but I hope you can understand what I am meaning :P

I understand.. :D

quote:

Damn I don't find the edit-button in this thread but would be nice to have a button or something to disable telnet-support cause it is a bit buggy now.

So true.. have been fixed in the new version... it is now disable by default and have to enabled manually, and you can set a user and password!...

So, please feel free to try out the new version 0.2.75 and see what you think... I'll be correcting the problems you talked about, thanks for posting... :D

Note:
Just noticed that I had forgotten to make the "Full Command Line Arguement" text field work.. will be fixed in next version...
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.75 with Installer! :D by DJHasis on 02-08-2005 at 07:52 PM

When I check the properties of Shortcut.exe windows says that the version is 0.2.0.75 but in its about window it still says 0.2.45 strange and this version that is NOW on has the new abilities that the older version didn't have.  Weird ^o)

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.75 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-08-2005 at 08:07 PM

quote:
When I check the properties of Shortcut.exe windows says that the version is 0.2.0.75 but in its about window it still says 0.2.45 strange and this version that is NOW on has the new abilities that the older version didn't have.  Weird ^o)

That's because the shortcut.exe file was only updated when you used the installer... The dll file apparently didn't update?... If you check the properties window of Shortcutplugin.dll it should say 0.2.75 if it was updated and there is a bug in the dll.. If it still says 0.2.45 then the dll was not updated, and this means that your msn was properly not closed correctly by the installer when you used the installer?.. can you confirm this? if you use the installer again with msn running, does it shutdown MSN Messenger?.... If you do exit MSN Messenger yourself and then use the installer it whould work... I'll just check on what went wrong in the installer when you closed... Do you use any Tabbed Convo Plugin, like SPNG, Tabbed Convo, Cameno or anything else?... what is your OS, MSN Messenger Version, Plus Version?... Just copy/paste the text you see when you send (!VER) to a contact...

Edit:

You say IT DOES have the new functions? meaning that is updated?... Please check the Properties window of the Shortcutplugin.dll?... And/Or try exiting MSN Messenger and start it again? see if it still occures?...
Nevertheless this is not a big bug or anything, but yes it is strange it does say that when it is updated?.. shouldn't, and I mean shouldn't at all say this!! :P
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.75 with Installer! :D by DJHasis on 02-08-2005 at 08:35 PM

I used the installation, forgot to shutdown msnmsgr, after the installation wizard opened a program that terminated msnmsgr but then came a report saying something that it had to abort. Now I reinstalled it and came the thingy that checked if msnmgr is on terminated the msnmgr and successfully did the rest so that now the dll is newer.
I have Win2k and Visual Studio 6 so perhabs the program had a memory leak, error or something so Studio saw it and terminated it.

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.75 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-08-2005 at 09:06 PM

quote:
I used the installation, forgot to shutdown msnmsgr, after the installation wizard opened a program that terminated msnmsgr but then came a report saying something that it had to abort. Now I reinstalled it and came the thingy that checked if msnmgr is on terminated the msnmgr and successfully did the rest so that now the dll is newer.
I have Win2k and Visual Studio 6 so perhabs the program had a memory leak, error or something so Studio saw it and terminated it.

Ok, but next time please tell me what the abortion said, if an error occured then it is obiusly that the installation didn't went correctly... :D..
I'll just be releasing a new version now, v. 0.2.79 with the Clear problems you posted earlier.. check it out...
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by Barto on 02-08-2005 at 11:02 PM

I can't make it work the telnet, when I connect to the port it just say anything, don't respond to any command or sth. Anyone can help me ?

Edit: Don't you worry, I'm stupid ! :$

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by John on 02-09-2005 at 01:18 AM

It's coming along great CD! :D Keep up the good work.

But I can't seem to find the start audio/video in the list. *-) Don't tell me you forgot to add it in, hehe. :P

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-09-2005 at 07:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
It's coming along great CD! :D Keep up the good work.

Thanks dude! :D..

quote:
But I can't seem to find the start audio/video in the list. *-) Don't tell me you forgot to add it in, hehe. :P

ARGH!!! :$!!! Forgot to put it in the Create Shortcut Dialog, but the code is there, just use "video=some@email.com" or "audio=some@email.com", as a shortcut... :S... Haven't tested it out yet, but it should work... :D... hehe.. sorry I forgot that, that was a litle embarrassing!!!! :$.. Will be fixed later, as I am currently in school...
In the meantime: Did the installer work properly?... Did it exit MSN properly? or did you have the same problem as DJHassis?...
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by John on 02-09-2005 at 08:33 AM

Lol, no problem. Even the best do that, Patchou forgot to add a line of text in the first option in the Contact List tab, in Preferences, (in Plus! 3.40.112). Also when StuffPlug NG 2 came out as a final, TheBlasphemer forgot to remove the warning that it was an alpha. [Image: train.gif]

I'll test them now. :) Having fun at school mate? :P

I closed the client myself before installing, so i don't know. Hehe, sorry.

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-09-2005 at 08:43 AM

quote:
Lol, no problem. Even the best do that, Patchou forgot to add a line of text in the first option in the Contact List tab, in Preferences, (in Plus! 3.40.112). Also when StuffPlug NG 2 came out as a final, TheBlasphemer forgot to remove the warning that it was an alpha. [Image: train.gif]

I'll test them now. :) Having fun at school mate? :P

I closed the client myself before installing, so i don't know. Hehe, sorry.

:D

BTW: To everybody, please post a few screenshots that you would think would tell the rest of the community what this plugins?... I don't think this plugin needs much explanation, but maybe some people would like to see how it looks, and some shots of the icons, and the Remote Support in action... would be great if you people would post these screens, you know what the exiting parts are.. :D:P... hehe....
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by John on 02-09-2005 at 09:21 AM

Good idea CD :) and if anyone has any idea's or suggestions, or ideas for new commands, then please post them here and I'll put them all in a list for CD. :)

This plugin is great for 'connecting' other programs to MSN Messenger. By 'connecting' i mean: for example, I've made a config for Samurize that controls my Messenger's status and some other things, with some buttons.

Also it virtually (not physically) adds more fuctions to the Plus! Task scheduler. With the task scheduler you can make it run shortcuts at certain times. So you could easily make a Sign In shortcut and then make the scheduler run the shortcut at a certain time, thus signing you in :) and to avoid any confusion you could put a second command line in the shortcut that puts you on away while you're signing in.

These are just a couple of examples of what you can do with this plugin, I think it's a powerful plugin that allows you to do more than just make shortcuts, since you can use other programs to use it's features.

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by user27089 on 02-09-2005 at 09:35 AM

sounds cool to me...

* user27089 downloads.

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by Ash_ on 02-09-2005 at 09:42 AM

good execution of the plugin Cyber!

another feature that i reckon would be great, would be when you run a link file. a poup where msn has its popup, comes up and tell's you what your doing. probably not everyone would wnat this so maybe you could make it enabled by a checkbox or something?

also, please make a function that launches the default web browser to a page in the argument.

eg
/com=web=www.gmail.com

so it will load up gmail.

then you could get plus to check if theres a new email in the pop3 of gmail. and execute your link file if there is?

big ups _b

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by John on 02-09-2005 at 09:43 AM

Good boy Traxor. :P

Here are two idea's/suggestions I've thought of CD:

A Messenger Lock command and the option to send a message to all open convo windows. :)

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-09-2005 at 10:09 AM

quote:
good execution of the plugin Cyber!

another feature that i reckon would be great, would be when you run a link file. a poup where msn has its popup, comes up and tell's you what your doing. probably not everyone would wnat this so maybe you could make it enabled by a checkbox or something?

Have put this on my to-do list.. :D..

quote:
also, please make a function that launches the default web browser to a page in the argument.

eg
/com=web=www.gmail.com

then you could get plus to check if theres a new email in the pop3 of gmail. and execute your link file if there is?

Hmm... I don't know about this.. You can just set plus schedular or execute like this "www.gmail.com" or "iexplore.exe www.gmail.com" etc, or when it checks for email then it just executes the internet browser with the gmail.com as a commandline... there is plenty of these options everywhere.. So, I don't really see any real needs for this in this plugin...? am I correct?

quote:
big ups _b

Thx!! :D

quote:

A Messenger Lock command and the option to send a message to all open convo windows. :)

Messenger Lock Command?.. like the Messenger Lock in Messenger Plus!?.. couldn't you do this by using sendtext with some plus! command to some contact?...

Send a message to all open convo windows? Can also be done using MSG Plus! commands... just send "/all hehe" to a contact like this "sendtext=2=some@email.com=/all hehe"

Ok?
RE: RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by Ash_ on 02-09-2005 at 10:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)

quote:

eg
/com=web=www.gmail.com

Hmm... I don't know about this.. You can just set plus schedular or execute like this "www.gmail.com" or "iexplore.exe www.gmail.com" etc, or when it checks for email then it just executes the internet browser with the gmail.com as a commandline... there is plenty of these options everywhere.. So, I don't really see any real needs for this in this plugin...? am I correct?

i spose, but what if you wanted to execute more commands when a new email is found.

plus its not that hard, if you want to add it ill tell you how on msn. if not thats still ok, good plugin _b

RE: RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by John on 02-09-2005 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CD

quote:

Messenger Lock Command?.. like the Messenger Lock in Messenger Plus!?.. couldn't you do this by using sendtext with some plus! command to some contact?...

Send a message to all open convo windows? Can also be done using MSG Plus! commands... just send "/all hehe" to a contact like this "sendtext=2=some@email.com=/all hehe"

Ok?

Yes, I could do it like that and I've been doing like that with a few things, but I think it defeats the purpose of the plugin and also makes things messy. Also, most people won't understand how to do this. If you want your plugin to become popular you'll have to make it n00b friendly. :P
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-09-2005 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Yes, I could do it like that and I've been doing like that with a few things, but I think it defeats the purpose of the plugin and also makes things messy. Also, most people won't understand how to do this. If you want your plugin to become popular you'll have to make it n00b friendly. :P

About the /all I'll be making that sometime.. have put it on my to-do list... but I can't promise anything yet... I also wanted this feature some time ago.. But didn't really want to code that since I don't think it has much use since it's already in MSG Plus!.. but maybe i'll do it anyway this way I can also use it together with the Remote Support, so you can chat to people and use a number for each open convo instead of typing the email of the contact you want to send text to... so.. I'll properly be doing this...

The Lock Command, I'll have to talk with Patchou about something for this.. I have to know if there is a API call or something that you can send to MSG Plus! to activate this, or if there is another way.. or else I have to know the algorithm he uses to encode the Shortcut combinations, and i'll just have to decode these and make the plugin send these Shortcut keys, this is properly how it is going to be done, but this then requieres that the Command Lock feature will have to have a Shortcut Key set in MSG Plus! Options.. else I can't do this... If I get this working, then things like Boss Protection 1, 2, 3 and other various stuff will be possible, including the Custom Statuses, but they will also requiere a Shortcut Key for it to work, unless I find another way...

quote:
i spose, but what if you wanted to execute more commands when a new email is found.

plus its not that hard, if you want to add it ill tell you how on msn. if not thats still ok, good plugin _b

Okay, might add this feature.. But I would rather not, since this goes beyond the Idea of the plugin, to control MSN Messenger and MSG Plus! with Icons/shortcuts, not everything else, if I add this feature, I would also have to add 100's of other features that all "would be usefull" but this would then destroy the main objective in this plugin... I'll think about it, and might add it, since it's very easy but... We'll see... :D

Edit:
BTW, how is the best option to contact Patchou? Shall I just PM him?, will I get an answer? Or does anybody else know about the Shortcut Values he uses in the registry? How to decode this value to know what the shortcut is?... Or somebody knows about some API Calls you can send to MSG Plus! to activate some of it features?.. or shall I try wait for the next release of MSG Plus! and API to see if we get more options?
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by spastje on 02-09-2005 at 01:45 PM

looks cool
keep on working

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-09-2005 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spastje
looks cool
keep on working

:D.. thx...
Sorry to double post, but didn't want to merge this post together with the post I posted above...

CRAP!!!... About the Plus! Schedular.. forget about it!... Didn't know the Toast just pops up and you have to press that Toast before it activates... so... You will have to use some other kind of Schedular program to Schedule stuff, like the Windows Schedular or something similar... I might notice MIGHT sometime in the feature add a schedule feature to this plugin... But don't expect it.. Will just edit my top post about the Plus! Schedular thing, and also the readme file, which will be updated in next release... :D..

Edit:
Okay, partly forget about this post.. :D.. It was more to Jaguar.. You can't make the Schedular do the commands on specific times, but you can still use the Schedular to remind you on something and then you press and it will run the command, ex. make an Schedule that 4 AM today I have to send a message to some@email.com, so you can use this as the program command in the Scheduler "shortcut.exe sendtext=2=some@email.com Hi friend", then the reminder will tell that it's time to do the command, you then press on the popup and it will automatically do it... Still usefull but not what I expected... but if you want the commands to automaticlly be executed at a certain time you will have to use another Scheduler program...

Edit 2: Annoying Admins merging my double post!!! :@.. :P..
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by DJHasis on 02-09-2005 at 03:25 PM

Now when I downloaded the new installation 0.2.79 and pop upped the Installer and terminated msnmsgr and started to move files to the plugin-folder came the installations own report.

But on the second installation time it could move the files to the plugin-folder. :D

Looks good and feels good but when you resize the main window the objects won't resize too :S

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-09-2005 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Now when I downloaded the new installation 0.2.79 and pop upped the Installer and terminated msnmsgr and started to move files to the plugin-folder came the installations own report.

But on the second installation time it could move the files to the plugin-folder. :D

Looks good and feels good but when you resize the main window the objects won't resize too :S

Ok, the error properly happend if the installer started to move the files before MSN Messenger was exited thus meaning MSG Plus! hadn't had time to release it's grip on the dll file... I'll add a litle more time between the exiting and moving of files.. preventing this from happening... :D...

As to the resizing.. yes you are rigth.. this wouldn't shouldn't even be resized will disable this in the next version, and then I could maybe add that the controls will resize with in a later version... thx for the report.. :d..

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.3.00 with Installer! :D by John on 02-09-2005 at 08:57 PM

Great new update CD. :D I'm testing it right now.

P.S. The popups have no delay for me at all, it could just be your system or you need to reinstall Plus! maybe. :)

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.3.00 with Installer! :D by BrOkEn on 02-10-2005 at 12:33 AM

pretty cool , well done :D

RE: RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D by John on 02-10-2005 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
About the /all I'll be making that sometime.. have put it on my to-do list... but I can't promise anything yet... I also wanted this feature some time ago.. But didn't really want to code that since I don't think it has much use since it's already in MSG Plus!.. but maybe i'll do it anyway this way I can also use it together with the Remote Support, so you can chat to people and use a number for each open convo instead of typing the email of the contact you want to send text to... so.. I'll properly be doing this...

The Lock Command, I'll have to talk with Patchou about something for this.. I have to know if there is a API call or something that you can send to MSG Plus! to activate this, or if there is another way.. or else I have to know the algorithm he uses to encode the Shortcut combinations, and i'll just have to decode these and make the plugin send these Shortcut keys, this is properly how it is going to be done, but this then requieres that the Command Lock feature will have to have a Shortcut Key set in MSG Plus! Options.. else I can't do this... If I get this working, then things like Boss Protection 1, 2, 3 and other various stuff will be possible, including the Custom Statuses, but they will also requiere a Shortcut Key for it to work, unless I find another way...
I think the /all command would be cool because you could for example tell everyone that you're talking to which song you're listening too, or orther info like that, with just the click of a button. (like: /com=sendtext=all=/me is listening to (!WAT)) There are lots of things where the /all command would come in handy i reckon.

About the lock command, i hope you can get it and all those other things working. :D That would seriously improve this plugin.

About the Talk Scheduler, it really sucks that it only executes the shortcut if you click the toast instead of executing it automatically. :( I emailed Patchou asking him if he could make it execute automatically. :D I'm just waiting to see what he'll say about that.

[edit] Here's another request: Can you make it possible to add a delay between commands? :) (like: /com=status=brb /delay=300 /com=status=onl (That would put you on Brb for 5 minutes and then put you back on Online. :D))
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.3.00 with Installer! :D by DJHasis on 02-11-2005 at 05:11 AM

0.3.00 version works great!
Found 0 problems with installing it :)

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.3.00 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-11-2005 at 09:19 AM

quote:
I think the /all command would be cool because you could for example tell everyone that you're talking to which song you're listening too, or orther info like that, with just the click of a button. (like: /com=sendtext=all=/me is listening to (!WAT)) There are lots of things where the /all command would come in handy i reckon.

This is being worked on... :d..

quote:
About the lock command, i hope you can get it and all those other things working. :D That would seriously improve this plugin.

Yeah, I would just have to talk with Patchou later, but this is not my top priority

quote:
About the Talk Scheduler, it really sucks that it only executes the shortcut if you click the toast instead of executing it automatically. :( I emailed Patchou asking him if he could make it execute automatically. :D I'm just waiting to see what he'll say about that.

Ok, sounds great.. :D..

quote:
[edit] Here's another request: Can you make it possible to add a delay between commands? :) (like: /com=status=brb /delay=300 /com=status=onl (That would put you on Brb for 5 minutes and then put you back on Online. :D))

Have already been put on my To-Do list some time ago, I thought about this long time ago... I just need to find a reasonable way of implementing this, since it should still be able to call other commands if they are runned, will just have to do some working on this...

quote:
0.3.00 version works great!
Found 0 problems with installing it :)

Sounds GREAT!!! :D;)... I´ve been talking a bit with Ash_ and he might make me a better/real installer later... :D...
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.00 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-15-2005 at 02:12 PM

Everybody! check out the new version 0.4.00 out now... :D..

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.00 with Installer! :D by John on 02-15-2005 at 04:15 PM

Great new update CD. :D It's awesome. Thanks for the delay feature. :P With the delay feature and the read from file feature you can make a loop between two commands. :D

For example:
Put this in a text file: /com=nick=John /com=delay=5 /com=nick=John (I love whales!) Then make the file read interval 10 seconds long and it will change my name like that every 5 seconds showing the bit behind it for 5 seconds. :D If you know what I mean. I haven't tested it yet, im going to do that now.

[edit] that doesn't work cause the file reader deletes what's in the file after reading it. :( You should make an option to be able to turn that off CD.

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.00 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-15-2005 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Great new update CD. :D It's awesome. Thanks for the delay feature. :P With the delay feature and the read from file feature you can make a loop between two commands. :D

For example:
Put this in a text file: /com=nick=John /com=delay=5 /com=nick=John (I love whales!) Then make the file read interval 10 seconds long and it will change my name like that every 5 seconds showing the bit behind it for 5 seconds. :D If you know what I mean. I haven't tested it yet, im going to do that now.

[edit] that doesn't work cause the file reader deletes what's in the file after reading it. :( You should make an option to be able to turn that off CD.

Yeah, that option is very easy to implement.. I will do that as an update.. :D... thx...

Edit:
Updated.. :D.. haven't tested it yet, but it should work... :d..
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.01 with Installer! :D by John on 02-16-2005 at 09:39 AM

w00t :D Thanks mate, I'm going to test it now.

It's too bad the sendtext to the active convo window doesn't work properly, but I just heard from you on MSNM that you're testing the EE so w00t! <:o)

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by John on 02-18-2005 at 10:15 AM

Double post.. so what?! :P

I've found a bug CD, I think. I was playing around with the delay option and it works fine, but only up to 29 seconds. Anything from 30 seconds and above doesn't work.. *-) But it does work if you do two delay commands in a row, both with 15 seconds, but then if you do two delays of 30 seconds in a row it doesn't work. :(

I hope you can fix it :) or I hope it'll be fixed in the EE. :D

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by Veggie on 02-20-2005 at 12:52 PM

I would like to suggest being able to set plus! personalised status. This proberbly can be done atm using the set nickname feature. But it would be nice for it to keep the current nickname for example

Veg - There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't (online)

I click the shortcut:

Veg - There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't (Working)

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-20-2005 at 10:10 PM

So.. Back again after some time with the gf... :D.. ;)
Tomorrow I will do some more work, some hopefully some updates will be done during the next week or at least next weekend... :D

quote:
Double post.. so what?! :P

I've found a bug CD, I think. I was playing around with the delay option and it works fine, but only up to 29 seconds. Anything from 30 seconds and above doesn't work.. *-) But it does work if you do two delay commands in a row, both with 15 seconds, but then if you do two delays of 30 seconds in a row it doesn't work. :(

I hope you can fix it :) or I hope it'll be fixed in the EE. :D

Ok, that's crap... I will have a look at this tomorrow, but I thought it worked perfectly, did use lots of time on testing this feature, and I found it working wonderfully.. Thanks for the report...

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
I would like to suggest being able to set plus! personalised status. This proberbly can be done atm using the set nickname feature. But it would be nice for it to keep the current nickname for example

Veg - There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't (online)

I click the shortcut:

Veg - There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't (Working)

Yes, you can already activate personlized statues just using the sendtext method to someone and then close the window again, this is a litle dodgy but it works, and it is properly(maybe) going to be the only way you can activate plus's personalized statuses...
I think i'm gonna do the "add to nick" command sometime... so you can add extra text to your nick easily which would then make you able to do what you are talking about.... But this then is not the exact same as MSG Plus!'s personlized statuses this way you can only set your personilzed status but not an away message...
I'll have a look on this later... :D...
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by Dempsey on 02-20-2005 at 10:20 PM

you can set an away message by doing :

code:
/away This is my away message

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 02-20-2005 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
you can set an away message by doing :
code:

/away This is my away message

Yes, but that way you need to do a sendtext to someone... and if you do this you could instead just set up a personlized status in MSG Plus! and just give it an alias like "/playinggames" or something, and just use "sendtext=2=someone@email.com=/playingames" as a command, or use "act" instead of an email... but still this requeries you to use the send text method, which I would really like to go without if possible, just for making the plugin more "userfriendly".... but yes, what you said is still a solution... :P..
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by Joel4119 on 02-21-2005 at 07:33 AM

Good job.

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by benjyrama on 03-10-2005 at 08:14 PM

ahhh, my msn messenger crashed when i installed it

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-10-2005 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
ahhh, my msn messenger crashed when i installed it

Crashed, like errored?... or just exited? it's supposed to exit, and if you use tabbed convo that might be the problem, since the plugin/installer does not support closing tabbed convo's.. and if it doesn't succed in closing msn in 1½ sec, it will task kill msn messener, meaing that might result in windows displaying a "crash" error...
this goes if you are talking about when running the installer?.. or did it crash when starting messenger after you had installed it?
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by benjyrama on 03-10-2005 at 08:53 PM

well i couldnt open my msn messenger after that so i had to manually delete all the dll files

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-10-2005 at 08:55 PM

did it come with an error?.. or what did it do since you couldn't open your messenger?

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by benjyrama on 03-12-2005 at 02:25 PM

when i double clicked on the icon in the system tray, you would see just the top part with Files, Contacts, Actions... etc. But Plus! would not be there. Also the rest of the window would not appear and when I tried to click anything, it reverted to program not responding stuff.

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-12-2005 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
when i double clicked on the icon in the system tray, you would see just the top part with Files, Contacts, Actions... etc. But Plus! would not be there. Also the rest of the window would not appear and when I tried to click anything, it reverted to program not responding stuff.

Did it do this more than once?.. If so, then I don't know what went wrong.. My plugin shouldn't be able to do that since it doesn't hook orsubclass MSN at all... Maybe if you have use the "Read From File" function and put the timer to low, but if this happend the first time you had just installed the plugin that shouldn't be the problem.. If it only crashed once then it might not be my plugin but just a random crash that occured, try isntalling it again and see if it still doesn't work?...
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by benjyrama on 03-13-2005 at 04:04 PM

k sorry, it works now.

Now trying to find out how it works, where did i put that readme???? ^_-

RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-13-2005 at 08:09 PM

BTW: If you didn't notice, then there is a newer version out.. :D.. Didn't even notice this was the old thread!
It was released on the 28th of february, so it's kinda already old.. :P.. Shortcut Plugin Beta New Version 0.5.01, Lots of new stuff! (28th of February)